Bad
Good

Nichols has really turned around in the last few years. They earned 6 out of 7 star distinctions from the state.

This school is not good for your kids because they always put the good normal kids with bad which later makes that one normal kid grades bad what you do is you separate the smart good kids from the ignorant bad kids because when you have bad kids talking,yelling,or fighting you cannot learn one simple lesson or it is hard to.

I am a student at Nichols Junior High and I love it so much the teachers are amazing and I have grown in every subject. All of the staff are extremely caring and the sweetest people you will ever meet. I love all the people and It is so easy to make friends everyone is so nice and open to finding new friends. However once in a while there are fights here and there but that all depends on who you hang out with. If you hang out with the wrong people you will defiantly have some difficulties finding other friends besides them. I give Nichols a 4/5 because I is an amazing school That cares about academics!

As a substitute, I had an okay experience. However, the staffs were very professional and polite. The teacher who I subbed for was very kind and helpful. Sometimes you'll get the rowdy kids and the good kids. The teacher who I subbed for will take action and call the students' parents if they don't comply with the substitute. I don't have problems here.

I rate this school not even 1 star, they never gave my chid homework. And they would call me for the stupidest reasons. So I advise to inroll your child to another school.

When I also attended Nichols Teachers did give homework and if a Teacher said they wouldn't give homework because the student wouldn't participate in front of the Principals face the Teacher would be suspended and removed from their position.

I have not read any recent positive reviews regarding this school. As the parent of an incoming 7th grader, I am almost afraid to send my child to school in a few weeks. I will definitely write reviews as the school year progresses to give any other concerned parent my true unbiased opinion. Is this the only school that wears uniforms? As a newcomer to the Arlington area, I am wondering what have I gotten myself into?

The jury is out on Nichols junior high this year. A new principal was came in April, then before summer,about 20 teachers, all 3 APs, both counselors and all 10 clerks were "reassigned.". No clue what clerks and counselors have to do with classroom testing performance, but the new principal sure has her work cut out for her. There are some good teachers left, but next year will be a trying one for everyone there, including the students. The spirit of the school has been changed.and only time only will tell if it is for the better.

I was astonished now to have 2 teachers (one in 7th and one in 8th grade) tell me they don't assign homework because the STUDENTS won't "PARTICIPATE". My God, what is wrong??? FAIL THEM if they won't participate!!!! Don't lower the bar to the lowest common denominator. This blows my mind that the administration forces the teachers to lower the standards to this pitiful level. Teachers have been kind, available, and cooperative, but demand very little - and get just that.

this school i give a 4 out of 5 yes i am a student here at NJH i love there staff welll teachers <3 they are very helpful u get the kind of teacher u need. thanks

Last modified Nichols J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.