Arlington, TX

Posted May 11, 2014
I am a student at Nichols Junior High and I love it so much the teachers are amazing and I have grown in every subject. All of the staff are extremely caring and the sweetest people you will ever meet. I love all the people and It is so easy to make friends everyone is so nice and open to finding new friends. However once in a while there are fights here and there but that all depends on who you hang out with. If you hang out with the wrong people you will defiantly have some difficulties finding other friends besides them. I give Nichols a 4/5 because I is an amazing school That cares about academics!

Nichols J High School 3

Posted April 14, 2014
As a substitute, I had an okay experience. However, the staffs were very professional and polite. The teacher who I subbed for was very kind and helpful. Sometimes you'll get the rowdy kids and the good kids. The teacher who I subbed for will take action and call the students' parents if they don't comply with the substitute. I don't have problems here.

Posted December 12, 2013
I rate this school not even 1 star, they never gave my chid homework. And they would call me for the stupidest reasons. So I advise to inroll your child to another school.

Posted September 28, 2013
When I also attended Nichols Teachers did give homework and if a Teacher said they wouldn't give homework because the student wouldn't participate in front of the Principals face the Teacher would be suspended and removed from their position.

Posted August 08, 2013
I have not read any recent positive reviews regarding this school. As the parent of an incoming 7th grader, I am almost afraid to send my child to school in a few weeks. I will definitely write reviews as the school year progresses to give any other concerned parent my true unbiased opinion. Is this the only school that wears uniforms? As a newcomer to the Arlington area, I am wondering what have I gotten myself into?

Posted August 04, 2013
The jury is out on Nichols junior high this year. A new principal was came in April, then before summer,about 20 teachers, all 3 APs, both counselors and all 10 clerks were "reassigned.". No clue what clerks and counselors have to do with classroom testing performance, but the new principal sure has her work cut out for her. There are some good teachers left, but next year will be a trying one for everyone there, including the students. The spirit of the school has been changed.and only time only will tell if it is for the better.

Posted October 15, 2012
I was astonished now to have 2 teachers (one in 7th and one in 8th grade) tell me they don't assign homework because the STUDENTS won't "PARTICIPATE". My God, what is wrong??? FAIL THEM if they won't participate!!!! Don't lower the bar to the lowest common denominator. This blows my mind that the administration forces the teachers to lower the standards to this pitiful level. Teachers have been kind, available, and cooperative, but demand very little - and get just that.

Posted November 03, 2011
this school i give a 4 out of 5 yes i am a student here at NJH i love there staff welll teachers <3 they are very helpful u get the kind of teacher u need. thanks

Posted September 01, 2011
It hasn't been two complete weeks of school and I've had to meet with a teacher and assistant principal concerning the mistreatment of my son. His advance math teacher displays a selfish, careless attitude towards him. I was told by the assistant principal that she is a good teacher, but teaching a subject is only part of the job. We entrust our kids to schools and teacher in belief that they will receive a quality education that benefits the "whole" child, strong positive leadership and a staff that is willing to go above and beyond for the success of our kids. I'm not a parent who chooses sides before hearing the complete story. I am a parent who believes in fair treatment and respect for all students. My 7th grade son came from Ellis Elementary where he earned all "A's" the entire year, he earned the Principal Award for citizenship and behavior, and won an art scholarship from his art teacher. I have never had to address any negative issues concerning my son while he attended Ellis. I was forewarned about this school and some of its teachers. All teachers are not in the profession for our kids.

Posted August 30, 2011
This school's teachers are trying hard. The administration however needs to be a strict disciplinarian and REQUIRE full compliance with the highest standards. The ghetto gangs, the fights, the dirty dishelved attire of the students encourages laziness in student attitudes. I sincerely hope the administration has the spine to build a strong group of citizens - we'd like to be proud of Nichols someday!

Nichols J High School
2201 Ascension Boulevard, Arlington, TX  76006
Last modified Nichols J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nichols J High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top