Posted March 20, 2014
My son has been going to this school since 2nd grade. He is in 4 th now. The teachers have been EXCELLENT. I have not one complaint about the education he has received at Glen Harmon. We will be moving out of Arlington when the school year is over and my son is sad to leave his school. The teachers and staff were wonderful and caring.

Glenn Harmon Elementary School 3

Posted March 08, 2013
Ok, I have 2 daughters that went to this school. They are 9 years apart in age. When we moved into this school, my oldest daughter was in 2nd grade and coming from Arlington ISD. She could barely read on a Kindergarden level although we worked with her at home. Her teacher (unfortunatly does not work there anymore) help her every day after school until she was reading on level! From there 3rd-4th grade, her teachers were AMAZING!! When my youngest daughter started going there, she loved it so much she didn't want to go to 5th grade! She only had problems with her 2nd grade teacher. That so called "teacher" has no business teaching our children...other than that, the staff is wonderful. My daughter still has contact with her favorite 3rd grade teacher on a regular basis!! I never really had any issues with anything at this school except the so called 2nd grade teacher. I love the fact the children wear uniforms!!

Posted January 28, 2013
Ok, I have experience with Glenn Harmon as my child attended there until I pulled him out. If you compare this school to the other Elementary School a half mile away...literally...you'll be blown away by how much better the other school is...Night and Day...its unbeleivably better than Glen Harmon. Makes me wonder why two schools with the same budget are so different. The teachers compared to the teachers at the other school do nothing for the students...minimal support from the teachers and almost no support from parents...but a half mile away...Oh man...you can't miss the differences even by just driving by...don't beleive me? take the challenge. Drive by Glenn Harmon, then Drive by Charlotte Anderson. The Principle at Charlotte Anderson has done a fabulous job for the community while I don't know what they are doing at Glenn Harmon...besides collecting a paycheck.

Glenn Harmon Elementary School 3

Posted February 20, 2012
I went to this school from 1-4 grade, overall the school is great, i can't compalin. As the staff goes, i had some pretty good teachers. Not all the teachers are great, but you're going to have that at EVERY school. My little sister went there from preK to 2nd grade, and her teachers sucked. My mom had alot of meetings with the teachers up there.

Posted May 09, 2011
Extremely disappointed that this school is even listed as an great school. This school enables teachers to bully and treat children unfairly. I have been up there several times to talk to principal, which excuses upon excuses were given as to why she could not talk to me. Each time I was given the assistant principal, which she just would state that she would have to talk to the principal about the issues. So I made an appointment, so that the excuses would not be given. I reported at my appointed time, when I stated I had an appointment to speak to the principal then again I heard nothing but excuses. I went ahead and spoke to the assistant again she stated that she would have to talk to the principal. I was only asking for my daughter to be switched to a different teacher, because the 'teacher' was threating her with ISS if she didn't finish an assignment. My daughter has a.d.d. so she needs to be given instructions so she can understand what it is that she is supposed to do. The 'teacher' calls her lazy, she just doesn't want to learn. When she can't finish the work, she takes her recess away from her. 'Teacher' ignores her hand up for help. 3rd grade teacher.

Posted January 18, 2010
This is a really great school. The teachers really care about the students. They look out for all students whether they are in their class or not. They really take thetime to work with and teach the students.

Glenn Harmon Elementary School 2

Posted June 02, 2009
Academically this is a great school. As far as the staff goes not all of the staff are good. Alot of them are very sweet and caring. The ones that dont care about the student can really damage the students self esteem!

Posted May 08, 2009
i have 4 kids in the school .. it is really great school ... one family what ever your color or religion .. .. they have good smile ,good healp,nice teachers , the princibale great great and propal person . the health teacher there is so nice and the kids love her..and alot alot of good teachers and stuff. Iam glad that i move to a house next to this school ..Iam sure my kids will not find agreat school like this .thanks all

Posted May 08, 2009

Posted February 19, 2009

Glenn Harmon Elementary School
5700 Petra Drive, Arlington, TX  76017
Last modified Glenn Harmon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenn Harmon Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top