Posted January 16, 2014
As a substitute, it is okay. There will be some students who are a little annoying to control so you gotta push them to do work. Do your best to get them motivated. Some students were rude and don't care if you tell them to do this or that. The staffs and faculty were very kind. Uniforms is the trend in this school. I don't really have anything terrible to complain about.

Posted August 06, 2012
This school is great! Not the best, but not something you need to transfer from. The teachers are very caring and educated, the only problem i have with the school is the uniforms, but i guess i'll get over it eventually... If you have good grades and aren't looking for trouble, you'll survive.

Posted March 11, 2012
Shack has been a great experience for my son. The expectations in the PAP/Honors courses are high. Teachers/extra-curricular sponsors/coaches have all been kind and caring. Too bad more parents "can't be bothered" to show up for Open House. These missing folks are probably the first to complain about a school or teacher.

Posted March 06, 2011
The school is great all of my teachers are really great at their job my grades are the best they've ever because the teachers really ensure you are getting everything you need and if you are going to have you're child go to this school ask for mr. forson to be their science teacher he is the absolute best teacher I've ever had.

Posted December 21, 2010
I go there now, and it's an okay school. The good thing is that they show you that it's okay to be different and to have different goals. On the bad side, they have so much fights... but the principal cares and is real nice about everything. I really like this school. Plus, you start becoming friends with people that went to other schools. It's a pretty good school. The teachers are nice and some Pre-AP teachers are great at their job!

Posted November 29, 2010
This school has excellent teachers! i went here in 2007 to 2008 it is the best years i spent in my life! i loved my teachers there such nice people. This school has an awesome orchestra, band and choir. Great for sports. I use to go to Nichols but i hated it and change. Go Patriots!!!

Posted August 12, 2010
After working with the principal directly, and a couple of the teachers, I am VERY IMPRESSED at the dedication and extra effort they make to encourage achievement and maintain good discipline. We drive past another Jr High a block away from my home to escape their gangs and discipline problems. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! I'll bring my second child to Shack' next year too!

Posted September 21, 2009

Posted August 17, 2009
last year I was a seventh grader there and I loved it, the teachers are great!

Shackelford J High School 4

Posted July 25, 2009
Last year I was a 7th grade student who attended Shackelford Jr. High , I found it diverse inriching and fun . All of the teachers ,especialy on the north stars team were tramendous and I can't wait for school to start again.The bad thing is that there are many cliques and it is kinda hard to mingle into new groups.

Shackelford J High School
2000 North Fielder Road, Arlington, TX  76012
Last modified Shackelford J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shackelford J High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top