Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted January 04, 2016
The office ladies, the nurse, the lunch ladies, are the glue of this school. The Art teacher Stephanie, is also a complete joy.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 04, 2016
Homework is okay. There is one sheet you recieve every week in Mrs.B 's class that is the same stuff over and over again for different sight words. It does require a good amount of supervision/help and therefore makes things frustrasting for a busy parent. I love helping my daughter, I am involved in her education. She's in the gifted and talented program at school but, I hated this page of work. I felt it very unnecessary.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted January 04, 2016
I guess I'll just have to find out in higher grades if any of these things are taught.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted January 04, 2016
See previous answers. Says I need 15 words to submit my opinion on the matter. No, I think most of the teachers are mostly oblivious when it comes to the golden rule.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted January 04, 2016
Needs improvement all over in my opinion. Parents are willing to volueenteer for "playgroud duty" you know? Stop all those fights that nobody seems to see.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted January 04, 2016
You have to have teachers that actually teach those things, and not make threats first.Also,what does a color chart really do? Just seems to make kids afraid to talk to their parents and dissapointed in themselves. My girl usually gets greens but those times when she was moved down for leaving homework at school does not make sense to me. As long as it gets done the next day (for her it takes maybe 2 mintues) why should it affect her BEHAVIOR color?

South Davis Elementary School 5

Posted October 27, 2015
I have a child in first grade here and this school has improved from the previous years. From what I hear...alot has changed and the teachers have all been very helpful and show true care and concern everytime I have been up there. I visitb often and do pop up visits and have been pleased thus far. I have had the pleasure of dealing with the office staff and nurse as well...when my son was ill several times and it has always been a joy. I will update if things happen to ever change...but I doubt that will be the case.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 27, 2015
Ms.Carr is truly awesome and my son adores her and I also am very fond of the first grade teaching and my child's success so far.

South Davis Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2006
I am parent at South Davis and I am not happy at all with the quality of teaching at this school. The teachers that my child has had with the exception of one has had no classroom management skills. I don't feel that my child has learned very much since he has been there and if I could I would take him to another school.

South Davis Elementary School 5

Posted August 05, 2005
A well-managed school,with dedicated teachers and involved parents. A good all-year round extra-cullicular program.

2001 South Davis Drive, Arlington, TX  76013
Last modified South Davis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.