Arlington, TX

Posted April 18, 2013
This school is awful the fighting the bullying i am just tired of the drama. I believe that the teachers pick on my son to get him fired up then they call me with a different story getting my kids out as soon as possible..

Wimbish Elementary School 2

Posted August 20, 2012
WARNING! This school as of August 8th has been put on an unacceptable level! They should have done this years ago. I received a letter telling me that we were allowed to transfer to another school, that transfers would be accepted to Hill of Swift. Wimbish does have some very good and loving teachers, but they can't handle the horrible behavior of most of those kids. One teacher Mr. Friend, the music teacher, stands up to the kids who constantly misbehave! The lunchroom staff, should be fired ASAP! They are very mean and they cross the line regarding how they treat the kids. The disruptive kids run that school, not the staff. I've even had teachers tell me they would not bring their kids to Wimbish.

Posted March 01, 2012
Extremely unhappy with this school, we are currently trying to find a charter school for our children to get them out of there. The problems are endless. Let's start with the bullying situation. My youngest child (8) has gotten into many fights because the teachers will not protect her. It started last year and we went to her teacher numerous times and nothing was done. This year a new child is bullying her and after being pushed around and the teachers doing NOTHING, we told her to start fighting back. The principal is ridiculous, he has no control of the school at all. The traffic situation out front is also dangerous and parents are constantly screaming at each other and arguing over it. One dad went as far as to rip the side mirror off a mom's car...guess what...nothing was done. Kids run out into the street while teachers stand by and chit chat with each other. This is probably the worst elementary school i have seen outside the inner city. Do not send your child here...transfer to Butler or Ditto if you want them to actually learn and be happy.

Wimbish Elementary School 2

Posted August 25, 2011
We agreed with most of the negative reviews posted here. We continue to hope for other better disciplined schools to call us for transfer. If the bullying continues and our kids are begging to not go to school, we will home school.

Posted September 10, 2010
I agree with a lot of the reviews listed here. While there are worse schools out there, I was very surprised at how we've been treated by office staff and some of the things I've seen the kids get away with in the cafeteria. It's loud, out of control.. My 1st grade daughter doesn't have enough time to eat, because the higher grades are allowed in the cafeteria at the same time, and they are cutting in line so bad, she never gets enough time to finish eating! She's been coming home very hungry, and when I finally went to have lunch with her, I understood why. There was NO supervision in that cafeteria until 10 minutes after we walked in. My husband watched the principal unlock the front doors to open the school and left two little girls sleeping outside the front doors barely out of the rain.

Wimbish Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2010
I Think This Is An Awesome School. Everything Is Great Such As Field Trips But I Think The Kids Should Be Able To Talk More At Lunch. The Moniters Should Give Them A Break!

Posted September 30, 2008
This is my 2nd year my son has been at Wimbish. The bullying and fighting is out of control and the principle does nothing about it. The teachers have been pretty good but they seem to have their hands tied and worry too much about the taks test. We're moving over Christmas just so he can get a better school experience.

Posted September 11, 2008
My experience with Wimbish has been similar to some of the other reviews. The teachers seem to really care about the students, but the administrative staff is unacceptable. The principal and vice-principal spend all their time sitting in each other's offices and avoid any real work. It has been our experience that little is done to curb discipline problems. Test scores are the only real concern. We are hoping to be able to move our children soon.

Wimbish Elementary School 5

Posted August 01, 2008

Wimbish Elementary School 0

Posted February 25, 2008
My daughter is currently attending Pre-k there, and I absolutely love her teachers. She is very caring and great with them. I really like how the classroom is organized by groups and how she follows through with the discipline plan. I really have enjoyed having my daughter enrolled there this year.

Wimbish Elementary School
1601 Wright Street, Arlington, TX  76012
Last modified Wimbish Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wimbish Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top