Arlington, TX

Posted May 02, 2014
When we bought are home, the biggest selling point was that the school was just a few doors away. It started out as a wonderful school . I spend every free moment I had there volunteering, it really felt like a family. When the principal Mrs Goode left, she took that sense of family with her. The current principal and teachers do not care about the students. You can always tell when teachers love their job, or are there for a paycheck. The curriculum is sub par. Many of my complaints have gone unresolved. There have been 3 instances of adults being physical with my children. I am told it will be investigated, but still no resolve. I am in the process of getting the school board to investigate this school. If you have the chance to go to any other school, please do. You will not be happy here!

Posted April 02, 2014
Pre k team is great, no problem there. My son was being bullied by a classmate and the teacher always looked the other way. We were borrowing a friend's address so they could go to that school. Back in November my son had a major surgery and the principal found out about the address so the sorry excuse of a man kicked my other two kids off the school saying they needed to leave by Friday February 14 2014 and this was on a February 11 2014. The school is getting worse since that new principal took over. All he does is stare at women's behinds. It used to be a great school. The principal is not a good leader, so the school is not good at all.

Posted February 11, 2014
Pre k team is great, no problem there. My son was being bullied by a classmate and the teacher always looked the other way. We were borrowing a friend's address so they could go to that school. Back in November my son had a major surgery and the principal found out about the address so the sorry excuse of a man kicked my other two kids off the school saying they needed to leave by Friday February 14 2014 and this was on a Tuesday. The school is getting worse since that new principal took over. All he does is stare at women's behinds. It used to be a great school.

Williams Elementary School 2

Posted January 31, 2014
I have two kids at this school. First off my son needs more attention and one on one than others. Last year he received that but this year none at all. When I first moved here I wanted him in special classes but the school didn't feel it was necessary. I thought that was a bit strange. My 3rd grader is in danger of failing. She's never had trouble with school until now. What really bothers me is the lack of compassion from the teachers. It seems to me they have a I don't care attitude. Communication is awful. You wire notes on their PDS and get no response. I wouldn't recommend this school at all. All I get from it is a bunch of adults who rather be somewhere else. There's only a handful of teachers that really cares. In the process of relocating my kids.

Williams Elementary School 3

Posted March 05, 2013
I have 3 kids in this school.. I have to say Pre-k is excellent with helping and getting involed. but if something happens on the playground (like fell and hit is head) you would find out intil after school. I also have a child in 2nd grade. she has the best teacher all around, sweet kind caring, and helpful. works with your child. but then it comes to my older child she is in 4th grade, I Have nothing but negitive comments. I have addressed all my problems (what happens, NOTHING) If a child needs help, and you see them struggle HELP THEM! dont put them on the back burner. Dont yell at the child! Dont punish a child. and DONT bully the child, because your the teacher!

Posted February 15, 2012
My son has there on prek 4 the teachers there are a terrible teacher they do not care about the kids safety my son was pushed from the top of the slide from another kid when I pick up my child they told me how they saw this kid did it with all the intention later I don't know the reason they tried to hide whole situation saying that they did not saw anything in front of the principal . I can not believe it what I was hearing they were lying in front of my face changing everything they had told me .I submit a letter to the superintendent about that situation but all them cover each other the teachers and principal .I move my son to a private school thanks god now he is learning a lot .. if you have a situation please report to the superintendent people like that do not need to be around kids I still have to deal with my son pain in his back .

Posted November 10, 2011
We have had nothing but issues with my son's teacher and the administrative staff is more interested in protecting the teacher than the child she is bullying. He has been left for very extended amounts of time in a room unsupervised and they seem to find the outcome of his mischeif during this time disturbing and not the fact that a 7 year old has been left alone in a room full of desks with a tool to remove all of the screws and for a period of time long enough for him to decide to do so. The situation there is so grave he has regressed about 2 to 3 years in many development areas and is afraid to be left in a room alone at home. He won't even shut the door when he goes to the bathroom or showers anymore, and if I shut it he will scream out of fear.

Williams Elementary School 4

Posted July 13, 2011
As a product of Williams Elementary myself and the sister and aunt of students who went there, I find Williams to be an enriching school that provides good classroom instruction and teachers who care.

Williams Elementary School 3

Posted June 21, 2011
School has problems with communicating with parents. Notices for school events are often sent the night of the event.

Williams Elementary School 2

Posted March 31, 2011
Williams is not the worst school by far but it definitely has room for improvement. I am, however, a little dissappointed in the minimum amount of activities/programs offered to the children to partake in. Fundraisers are sometimes last minute so parents aren't given enough time to actively participate. Wish there was a little more organization and parent participation throughout the classrooms but it won't improve overnight. My child seems to be learning so that is the most important thing!!

Williams Elementary School
4915 Red Birch Drive, Arlington, TX  76018
Last modified Williams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Williams Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top