Posted August 29, 2014
Please if you love your child do not send them to barnett junior high school when I say this stuff I will not be dramatic with you. there are fist fights every other day so my daughter tells me. the learning is the worst the teachers do not know how to control their kids and my daughter says it is very hard to learn there because of the noise. She also says that she sees people doing unbearable things that might not be appropriate for this site. One example is the PDA displayed every day around my daughter and other children. And also my daughter says the coaches shows favorites towards other students.I highly dont suggest going to this school

Barnett J High School 5

Posted June 20, 2014
This school is awesome! So many cool people and there is always a fight to look foward to on fridays! I had a great year here!

Barnett J High School 3

Posted November 24, 2013
I was a substitute for this school and my experience there was okay. The students will always be loud and really hard to control, no matter how many threats, instructed by their teacher, they will still try to push your limits. You need to be firm and try to get these kids to quiet down every moment. It's more easier for someone with a way stronger appearance to calm the students down. I would blame the teacher for not telling the students beforehand and to let them know there will be a substitute and they need to be in their best behavior. The staffs are great and supportive at least.

Posted September 23, 2013
This school is full of lots of things people do drugs and kids get in to fights lots of 7 & 8 graders skip class bullying all around the school there are rats at that school and in the schools kitchen and techers don't really care most staff is rude and they really don't care about the kids if they learn if you report something the person who did something to you get a little in trouble of not in trouble at all and yea this school is bad I Whould not bring your child into this school period unless the or she wants to get bulled or get into trouble so yea

Posted May 11, 2013
In the office the staff is so RUDE some are ok but the most part I just think that if you are in education you should have some type up education not get a job because your mother or friend works there having a high school diplomia is the first start not a GED because this saids a lot about the Principal Leaderships this school needs a investigation of who the staff is.They have a couple of teachers that really care how the kids are doing.althought 90% dont care just there for a paycheck.

Posted May 03, 2013
I have had so many problems at Barnett Junior High! My daughter made good grades, was well likes and received many awards in her Elementry School. This is her second year and it's a nightmere! Kids are suspended and parents are not called. Kids get into fights and the parents are not notified. The principles are rude and do not work with the parents and kids. Kids are to be at school learning...not worried about being bullied. The school needs a complete overhaul!!!!! One more thing, the music they let these young ladies dance too so inappropriate. I was there for the try outs for Sprit team and again for a talent show! I was horrified by the music!!!!

Posted November 01, 2012
HORRIBLE SCHOOL. It is almost impossible for parents to get in touch with the staff especially the principle. I find it to have a bad learning enviornment i mean how can a child learn when day after day the are getting bullied and have no one to talk to no one that would listen to their problems!!!!! All do this school does have high test scores it has the worst environment for kids that get bullied to learn!!! It just broke my heart when I go to the school and see the same kid getting PICKED ON OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!! DAY AFTER DAY!!!! And no one does nothing about it. This school has some serious issuses....

Posted November 01, 2012
This school is just horrible to much bulling and staff members no help. Principle never available to speak with parents. I can't believe stdents are bulling classmates in such a horrible way. !!!! I am very disapointed and angry I am against BULLING!! I just can NOT tolerate the type of behavior in this school.

Barnett J High School 3

Posted October 28, 2012
This school is amazing, it actually has great supportive teachers. many kids dont follow the rules though.

Posted February 07, 2012
This school is horrible, I have never had so many problems with my child before this school, it's so hard to get in touch with the principle, he never calls back or answers any questions. The rules are a big joke, the kids don't seem to take serious. So many fights go on here and drugs are a big issue too. I can't wait for this year to be over!

Barnett J High School
2101 East Sublett Road, Arlington, TX  76018
Last modified Barnett J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barnett J High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top