Sherrod Elementary School

Public | PK-6 | 696 students

Sweep tile

Posted February 8, 2014

This school is not great about handling bullying. The principle at this school is a great actor. He put on a smile everyday. The smile is fake my child was verbally Abusied by this so call "great man". I don't recommend this school. Not a friendly school. You can tell when people are there for the kids and you can also tell when people are there for the money.

Posted February 6, 2014

My son is 5 years old and he is kindergarden, his teacher is Mrs. Johnston, and she is fabulous, she really cares about her kids. My son loves his school!!!

Posted August 29, 2013

My daughter barely started school a few days ago and it has already been a bad experience. I told the teacher on the 1st day that she would go to the on-sight daycare afterschool and asked what forms to fill out. I did so. My family gets a call at the end of the day from the daycare saying she never showed and they don't know where she is. We come to find out that she was in the cafeteria because "they (teacher) didn't know where she was supposed to go." After the end of the third day at school, we get an automated message saying my child has an unexcused absence. She has been there every day this week. Not possible. Fourth day into school, they still don't have an account number for her so that I can put her lunch money into. At first I was giving them the benefit of doubt when I saw they had a 2/10 rating. I figured maybe its just that most of the parents don't care and are not involved and that's why they may have a low score. Now, I am realizing that its just as much the school than the parents. Big disappointment so far. Definitely looking into moving elsewhere.

Posted August 16, 2013

I would have to agree with the last parent, my husband and I both have good income, but you do feel as though they think everyone is poor. The kids are rough , my son had a hard time with that. Counselors are good. There are some really good teachers that care , I just wish it was truly a neighborhood school And it is not . It wasn't a good fit for us , but it may work for you

Posted July 31, 2013

NtThis school is okay its nothing to brag about..There are a couple of good teachers just a couple..I can't wait to move so I can transfer my kid s..Ms.Johnson is a very good teacher it's not too many at the school like her.. My household makes about 90,000 a year and when I go to the school they look at you like your poor. I have heard crazy stories about this school..My kids been honor students since they have been attending school and soon as I transferred them they grades dropped dramatically . There are a lot of ghetto kids at this school.I

Posted July 16, 2013

hi I just move from California and iam looking for a great school for my two sons I would like more information

Posted August 2, 2012

My son has been going to Sherrod since kindergarten! He loves it! He is about to be in 4th grade. Sometimes there is a couple things that I don't agree with that some of the teachers do, but I email or call the teacher personally and voice my concerns. Most of the time they listen and understand. Although I have never taken it, every one of his teachers has offered to give their personal cell phone number if I ever needed anything. I have always thought that was very nice and going above and beyond their job! Mrs. Johnson was our principal and we all loved her. She was always very sincere and involved. She knew every child when they walked in the door. My son never had to go to the principal's office so we never had a lot of visits from me coming to get him or anything like that. Still, she knew who I was and knew who my son was. That always made me feel great. Unfortunately,Mrs. Johnson quit at the end of the 2011-2012 school year because she married and moved. We do not yet know who our new principal is, but I hope they are as caring and involved as she was.

Posted November 15, 2011

We love Sherrod! The teachers are so dedicated to the students and all the staff love the kids there. The only downside is that so many parents transfer their kids to Butler or other nearby schools. Sherrod could really use the parent the support that these families take away when they opt out of this great school. They are missing out in a great experience and a true opportunity to make a difference in their community.

Posted September 30, 2008

The standards of the school have decreased considerably since the new principle has arrived. She is there to greet you with a fake smile every day instead of focusing on the 'real issues' that will make an impact in the school.

Posted May 2, 2008

Since the new principal has come to Sherrod, the school seems to be on its way back up. I feel welcome at the school. Sherrod demographics are changing, the school zone boundary line is bringing in more economically disadvanted students, which can make 'outstanding test scores' a challanging task, but I see the dedication and hope here, and I think great things are happening.

Posted January 12, 2008

Imagine being greeted by a warm smile and welcoming arms as you arrive at school each morning. Imagine the utmost respect demonstrated by your teacher(s). Imagine a cohesive group of educators that believe a school is 'all about the kids!' - that's is Sherrod elementary and it's 'feel good' principal and wonderful teachers and staff! love it!

Posted July 16, 2007

My child attended Sherrod Kind-6th grade. Overall, our experience was good. Through the years, we had several excellent teachers and while I sometimes felt the principal was a little too strict, we learned to be careful what we wish for because the new principal is much too nice...allowing wrong things to happen by students and even teachers. The most frustrating thing about Sherrod was the constant punishing of the entire class for what a few kids do, sometimes even having learning projects taken away. The best thing about Sherrod is the few teachers that have chosen to not run their classrooms that way but to instead, make each child accountable for his/her own actions. The PTA struggles at Sherrod due to lack of parent involovement. The few that do work on the PTA give 110% and try very hard to make a difference.

Posted June 26, 2007

Sherrod's new principal has been here a year now, and positive changes are seen everywhere. The Dads' Club is actively involved, a science specialist has been hired for 2007-08, and thousands of dollars have been spent on leveled reading that emphasizes individual instruction. Sherrod has monitors in every classroom and produces a news program that children write and host. This is an outstanding program in Arlington. Sherrod's diversity makes it a great place for all children. The needs of each child are emphasized. Since the new principal's arrival walking into the office is a pleasant and helpful experience. I wish all parents would get involved and see all that Sherrod has to offer. This is truly a school that Arlington can point to with pride./

Posted January 31, 2007

This school has a lot to be desired. The princple doesn't seem to care about improving the education or the learning environment. Teachers at this school will punish the entire class for a few students behavior.

Posted September 18, 2006

In regards to art/music Sherrod is up to par. However, they do not offer any physical activities nor extracurricular activities (such as chess, math or science club. In regards to their parent involvement, I would give them a -10 out of 10. I am very disappointed with the events that continue to go on without my being informed.

Posted May 3, 2006

The leadership is hit or miss. Depends on the day. Some of the teachers are very cranky and dont care.

Posted April 30, 2006

This school is fine, but seems to lack leadership. I have heard new principal is coming, hopefully she/he will improve.

Posted December 12, 2005

I enjoyed the school at first but once my child had trouble, it seemed as if they did not want to deal with the issue. My child might be A.D.D and some of the other parents asked if I have received assistance from the school but I got was rejection. I am a single parent and want the best for my children. It is a good school and there are some good teachers there. However, our children are small only once and want there surrounding to be helpful!

Posted July 7, 2005

My son attended Roquemore for kindergarten and 1st grade. He really enjoyed his time there and had wonderful teachers. The school offered a wide variety of activities, such as, music, computers, art, participation in school plays, and reading programs. I regularly volunteered and found a good number of parents did the same. Being active in the school seemed to make more of a difference for our family.

Posted March 31, 2005

Sherrod is a very good school. The teachers as well as the administration are wonderful with the children. It is in a nice, 'safe' location. My children love it there. We are looking for a new home and regret that we may have to move schools. We will miss Sherrod and the people who make it wonderful very much.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

84 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

86 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

92 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

94 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

91 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

64 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

65 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

63 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2011.

76 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2011.

76 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students81%

Limited English proficient (LEP)71%
Proficient in English57%
Non-migrant59%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

97 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

93 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

72 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

76 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

76 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

58 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

57 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students78%

Proficient in English61%
Non-migrant58%
Non-Gifted57%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".

Asian 3% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

• Mrs Jeanine Roquet
Fax number
  • (817) 801-3705

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2626 Lincoln Dr