Arlington, TX

Sherrod Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2014
If you have something negative to post about this school, I have two words for you....Get Involved! The more you spend time up at the school helping and trying to make a difference, the more you will discover just how kind, caring, and wonderful the teachers and staff at Sherrod are everyday. My sons have had an amazing experience at Sherrod. My third grade son loves all the after school clubs and my youngest thrived this year with his amazing kindergarten teacher. There is no perfect school and as a parent it is your privilege and opportunity to make your school better. Don't complain...jump in and help. I have heard so many parents mistreating the office staff at Sherrod this year. It was appalling to hear these caring individuals treated like dirt. It's time for parents to stop being a part of the problem. If you think teachers and administrator are there for the money, then you are crazy. They are there because they love our kids. They could get paid much better somewhere else.

Posted February 08, 2014
This school is not great about handling bullying. The principle at this school is a great actor. He put on a smile everyday. The smile is fake my child was verbally Abusied by this so call "great man". I don't recommend this school. Not a friendly school. You can tell when people are there for the kids and you can also tell when people are there for the money.

Sherrod Elementary School 4

Posted February 06, 2014
My son is 5 years old and he is kindergarden, his teacher is Mrs. Johnston, and she is fabulous, she really cares about her kids. My son loves his school!!!

Posted August 29, 2013
My daughter barely started school a few days ago and it has already been a bad experience. I told the teacher on the 1st day that she would go to the on-sight daycare afterschool and asked what forms to fill out. I did so. My family gets a call at the end of the day from the daycare saying she never showed and they don't know where she is. We come to find out that she was in the cafeteria because "they (teacher) didn't know where she was supposed to go." After the end of the third day at school, we get an automated message saying my child has an unexcused absence. She has been there every day this week. Not possible. Fourth day into school, they still don't have an account number for her so that I can put her lunch money into. At first I was giving them the benefit of doubt when I saw they had a 2/10 rating. I figured maybe its just that most of the parents don't care and are not involved and that's why they may have a low score. Now, I am realizing that its just as much the school than the parents. Big disappointment so far. Definitely looking into moving elsewhere.

Sherrod Elementary School 3

Posted August 16, 2013
I would have to agree with the last parent, my husband and I both have good income, but you do feel as though they think everyone is poor. The kids are rough , my son had a hard time with that. Counselors are good. There are some really good teachers that care , I just wish it was truly a neighborhood school And it is not . It wasn't a good fit for us , but it may work for you

Posted July 31, 2013
NtThis school is okay its nothing to brag about..There are a couple of good teachers just a couple..I can't wait to move so I can transfer my kid s..Ms.Johnson is a very good teacher it's not too many at the school like her.. My household makes about 90,000 a year and when I go to the school they look at you like your poor. I have heard crazy stories about this school..My kids been honor students since they have been attending school and soon as I transferred them they grades dropped dramatically . There are a lot of ghetto kids at this school.I

Sherrod Elementary School 3

Posted July 16, 2013
hi I just move from California and iam looking for a great school for my two sons I would like more information

Sherrod Elementary School 5

Posted August 02, 2012
My son has been going to Sherrod since kindergarten! He loves it! He is about to be in 4th grade. Sometimes there is a couple things that I don't agree with that some of the teachers do, but I email or call the teacher personally and voice my concerns. Most of the time they listen and understand. Although I have never taken it, every one of his teachers has offered to give their personal cell phone number if I ever needed anything. I have always thought that was very nice and going above and beyond their job! Mrs. Johnson was our principal and we all loved her. She was always very sincere and involved. She knew every child when they walked in the door. My son never had to go to the principal's office so we never had a lot of visits from me coming to get him or anything like that. Still, she knew who I was and knew who my son was. That always made me feel great. Unfortunately,Mrs. Johnson quit at the end of the 2011-2012 school year because she married and moved. We do not yet know who our new principal is, but I hope they are as caring and involved as she was.

Sherrod Elementary School 5

Posted October 22, 2009

Posted September 30, 2008
The standards of the school have decreased considerably since the new principle has arrived. She is there to greet you with a fake smile every day instead of focusing on the 'real issues' that will make an impact in the school.

Sherrod Elementary School
2626 Lincoln Drive, Arlington, TX  76006
Last modified Sherrod Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sherrod Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top