Young J High School 1

Posted March 07, 2014
I am a parent And an very disappointed with this school. If i could afford private schooling i would go that route. This school dose not take bullying seriously. And they have faild to call and inform me when my child went to there staff for help. When i was contacted i was left with this is commen and as if it where no big deal. I wasn't informed of whether the situation was taken care of or what had been done. On the other hand they have made big deals over smaller issues like a cell phone going off when it wasn't my childs fault. Honestly this school is about the numbers and how much cash they can get not the children or there safety. Extremely disappointed with this school.

Posted February 05, 2014
I am a parent of a 7th grader and a substitute at this school. Young is an excellent school with wonderful teachers and administration!!

Young J High School 1

Posted December 14, 2013
The office staff was very in professional toward me, I entered the office and no one acknowledge my presents. Granted, both assistance principle and principle were involved in student discipline...they never took the time out to at least acknowledge me before or after their involvement with the students. The lady behind the desk was no better, she answered a phone call and after the call waited 30 to 40 seconds before asking me if anyone had help me. Lady, it is only you and I in the office who else is / were present? The teacher I came to meet with was very pleasant and welcoming to the campus. The office staff needs to work on their Boy's Town skills.

Posted August 30, 2013
I think Principal Hastings is doing a great job at the school. My main concern is in the area of girls athletics. We had a less than desirable experience during our years at Young. First things first, if you have a daughter involved in club sports, be prepared to go to battle for her. She will immediately have a strike against her if she wants to participate in any sport at Young not related to her chosen discipline. In fact, I will go so far as to say she will be discouraged from participating. The coaches will tell the girls if they miss more than two practices, they will be off the team. Good luck if your precious one is dependent on the bus, family or friend to get to and from practice. It s funny; there is a review from 2007 that mentions the negative attitudes of the female coaches. I m afraid much hasn t changed in 6 years. One coach s attitude is so dour, that I wonder why she even chose teaching/coaching as a profession. My guess is that she couldn t get accepted to Mortician school. All in all, my advice to you if you are about to experience girls athletics at Young, is keep your expectations low. If you are so inclined, demand a change. Your girl deserves better.

Posted May 01, 2013
Young Junior High was given a seven out of ten rating and I think it is a fair judgement. I am a parent whose child has had a very challenging time at Young JH. I wish that there had been more patience and understanding of ADHD. For whatever reason Young received a seven out of ten rating, our experience there fell short. Public school has changed from when I grew up and I have been disappointed. When your child steps foot on the campus, parents really are not present to know what is happening until there is a serious issue. Our experience left us feeling powerless and sad.

Posted June 11, 2012
I am a student here at young and I was a transfer student that was supposed to be going to boles. So I left my friends and didnt know the place at all and knew NOBODY. I must say, everyone knows me now and I have so many friends and all my other friends that are at boles never had the same interests as me and kinda thought i was weird. I am so glad I found friends that have everything in common with me!!! and it makes the school a lot better. The teachers are so cool! (or the ones I had) LA was always a blast with mrs.storey and I always had fun and exciting days ahead of me. And I am doing spanish next year (8th grade) so I will meet new teachers...All my teachers were so nice and awesome!!! especially Mrs.Newton, my science teacher! SHE WAS SO COOL,and she wasn't mean at all! Well, except to those who were not paying attention and being a distraction...My grades were all A+'s and my teachers encouraged me!! I mean, they were so fun to be around and cool and just down-to earth! I just hope I have the same experience in 8th grade as I did in 7th...I cant wait for the years to come! A lot of people say that junior were their worst years...NOT FOR ME THANKS TO YOUNG JR. HIGH!!

Young J High School 4

Posted June 07, 2012
I was scared to death about my son attending junior high for the first time. They are required to be so much more independent, and my son is severely ADD. I was afraid he would miss the bus, get lost going to his locker, etc. He has had a GREAT year! I'm so glad the teachers and administrators communicate quickly and efficiently!

Posted November 16, 2011
great school couldnt be better!! teachers are very coprative and i would never send my children smewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted August 10, 2011
We moved from another school district last year and we were very impressed with the teachers and curriculum at this school.

Posted June 09, 2011
I used to be a student there and disagree with most of the comments about that school. I went there three years ago, it might have changed but not as drastically as many of the comments make it seem. I didn't love the school but it wasn't that bad. Also, the teachers I had would always call the student's parents if they were misbehaving or if they were getting bad grades. I do not know if it has changed extensively since I was there but it was a decent school that offered a decent amount of extracurriculars and activities for the students. The teachers were also generally knew what they were doing and were intelligent enough to be doing their job. Of course, I might of just gotten lucky with the teachers I had since not all of us have the same teachers.

Young J High School
3200 Woodside Drive, Arlington, TX  76016
Last modified Young J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Young J High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.