Posted August 27, 2014
I was only at Martin briefly before transferring to Lamar. Now I'm a substitute teacher and I'm really beginning to wish I stayed at Martin. Unlike Lamar, Martin has better programs in both academics and athletics. And the students are really down to earth and honest. I can relate to them better.

Posted May 05, 2014
I think overall Martin is a wonderful school. There are a lot of opportunities and the teachers and counselors are always willing to go above and beyond if a student is truly trying there best and ask for extra help. Most of the teachers will tutor as much as needed also. Martin also is great at preparing kids for college and helping them get started will enrolling in their first year of college.

Martin High School 1

Posted February 01, 2014
This is a terrible school. I have watched my girls go from A-B students to failing. This school does not teach the kids. The teachers are only there to collect a paycheck. I took my girls out of this school and they are now actually learning and making better grades. They get the help they need to understand their courses and feel better about themselves. I cannot believe this school is still considered a good school on reviews when every parent I have talked to finds their child is struggling here and the whole school does not care. Drugs, violence and sex is what goes on in this school. I would highly recommend people finding other schools if possible to put their child in before enroll ing into Martin High School.

Posted January 03, 2014
Martin manages its large population (approx 3,350) through a zero tolerance policy (consistent with the attitudes and policy of Arlington ISD) and constant competition. Students are expected to do what they are told, immediately and without question. A student should not expect or anticipate special treatment unless/until he (or she) makes an effort to bond with the teachers on his or her own time and at the convenience of the teacher. Teachers are responsible for approximately 120 students each semester and unless the student is somehow memorable or remarkable (either top or bottom of academics or behavior), then the student is just another customer/client who can expect satisfactory (not exemplary) service. Martin controls participation in sports, and fine arts (music, speech, drama and publications) by requiring enrollment as part of the students' academic schedule. Competition to get into the varsity team/squad in any activity is highly competitive and subject to the coaches/directors, consistent with the large student body. If a student wants academics, plus sports, plus music, plus drama, plus studio art; then find a different high school in Arlington ISD for guidance.

Martin High School 3

Posted November 24, 2013
The students are focused on their education. A lot of them just really care about school spirit, some are lazy but there's not really a problem with them. As a substitute, it is a nice place to sub at.

Posted June 17, 2013
I'm an alum from MHS, summa cum laude, and I currently attend Carnegie Mellon, pursuing an integrated master's and bachelor's degree in ECE. While I do appreciate all of the opportunities open to students at MHS, I find that even after taking 14 AP classes at this school, making A's in all of them except two, and all 3's-5's on the AP tests, the entire experience still didn't really academically and psychologically prepare me for the rigor of CMU. If your child is attending MHS and intends on pursing a difficult major at a highly competitive university, MHS might not be a perfect fit. Also, it was difficult for me to fit in to some sort of social niche at MHS, even though I involved myself in the UIL academic teams, the wind symphony, the marching band, the philharmonic orchestra. The school's huge in population, and it's easy to get lost, especially for students who have difficulty with friendships, or are learning how to develop meaningful relationships with peers. The social attitudes of the students of such a large school of adolescent youths revolve around a group mentality. Overall, though, it's an ok school. I was going to rate it 3.5 stars, but that's not an option.

Posted February 27, 2013
I graduated from Martin HS class of 2012 and I had a BLAST!!!! I loved Martin High School with all my heart, it was the best 4 years of my life. The staff are very helpful and the amount of groups a student can get involved in are endless. The sporting events are awesome and I enjoyed going to each an every one. I am a freshman in college nd Martin prepared me so well especially for essays. The only bad affect of Martin is tha it is a HUGE "party" school but what high school isn't? I made some of the best friends I have ever could ask for and the students who talk bad about Martin are more than likely students who didn't get involved with the groups Martin had. Martin is a state wide recongnized school with a GREAT academic record. I hope I find a job in Arlington after I graduate s my kis can enjoy the same HS experience and get the same education I got

Posted May 04, 2012
The school is absolutely wonderful, there are so many opportunities. The people who gave negative feedback more than likely did not get involved in all the options here. The academic department is fantastic; lots of help is giving to students who ask for. The athletic department is great; however money is unfairly distributed. The Fine Arts hardly gets any money compared to the athletic department, but they still pull through and put on phenomenal shows/concerts. I am very proud to say I attend Martin High School.

Martin High School 1

Posted March 25, 2012
Very uninvolved staff who do not care about the students, or shall i can "certain students" this school has their favorite pick of students who they give their time too and could careless about the rest of the staff. My children will not be at this school next year thank God!

Posted December 08, 2010
I went to Martin High School and am now a senior at Rice University, majoring in Electrical Engineering and Physics. I am currently applying for doctoral programs in High Energy Particle Physics research. My experience at Martin High School was extremely positive; the band program was excellent and fostered strong values in dedication and team work. The education I received at the school was also excellent- in comparing with students from all over the country who now go to university with me, it has become very clear that as a student at Martin I was given far more opportunities to take advanced classes than people at other public schools. In addition, I also had many fantastic teachers that took strong interest in how well I and my peers did and stay in contact to this day. I have sometimes wished I could have taken even more challenging classes; however, I realize that the only way this would've been possible would have been to attend a specialty magnet school. Anyways, it was/is a great high school.

Martin High School
4501 West Pleasant Ridge Road, Arlington, TX  76016
Last modified Martin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martin High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top