Arlington, TX

Miller Elementary School 2

Posted May 18, 2014
I am disappointed my child was expecting to have "The Great 5th Grade Team" this year. Well that silly principal, that I never see, moved all of the teachers around for the second time in two years. I see the principals smiling (if I see them), the staff upset, and the children confused. What next Arlingtion ISD....oh YA! another year with Miller receiving the bottom of the barrel in principals.

Posted April 02, 2014
I guess the thing that I like most about Miller Elementary is the climate. As we enter the Spring season the climate tends to change from the wintery cold and dreary to showers and sunshine. The climate at Miller Elementary has changed these last years from cold and dreary to sunny and warm. There is a new climate at Miller. A climate that is positive and fresh. A climate that says "global warming". Representative faces from around the globe are bursting in the academics and social arenas. I like what I see every time I walk through those doors. I like what I take with me when I leave. Someone must be responsible for this fresh new climate where students excel and teachers are recognized as finalists for "Teacher of the Year". Miller Elementary is not just another school in the AISD. Miller is the best school.

Miller Elementary School 3

Posted December 24, 2013
There is almost a hostile response to parents on a day to day basis - as though their presence impedes the school's work and is an annoyance. It is unusual in my experience with many schools over the years.

Posted December 23, 2013
My four kids are in this school from pre-k 4 and aal teachers are so nice and coprative with kid and even i am so comfortable with them the girls working infront office are awsome i dont know why people keep telling that school is going downhill Good luck miller staff

Posted February 26, 2013
I've seen a lot of reviews that said they "loved" the school so much and it had a safe learning environment. However, I disagree. I went there in 4th grade and in just months my parents pulled me out to give me intense therapy at a hospital. I returned just in December. Much to my displeasure, I was getting bullied some more shortly after I arrived. I had to leave again in late winter for more therapy. Teachers and staff are surely not doing much to improve this school and people are starting to complain that this school is rolling downhill. I do not reccomend this school for anyone.

Miller Elementary School 2

Posted February 08, 2013
We keep hearing great things about how people camp out to get into certain Arlington schools. Well, we will have to buy a tent because Miller is NOT a great school and we will either have to move or switch schools. The crap we deal with from there and the friction between teachers and office staff is awful, plus the teachers are very rude and rushed, they seem to always be too stressed for any conversations or help. We have two kids at Miller and they have had very different experiences, but neither of them good and neither what we would want for our kids. THESE ARE OUR KIDS!!!! Quit treating them like cattle and numbers! It's frustrating, this system is broken and I don't see any solutions other than if we move, but even then, where?

Posted June 07, 2012
I have to disagree with the last two comments. My son moved to Miller mid-year because he was at the school where I teach (which is poor at the best)... He absolutely LOVES Miller. His teachers are awesome, he is being challenged, and there is so much for him to be involved in. I wish I would've enrolled him here in Kindergarten!

Posted April 20, 2012
This school is going downhill fast. The school is way too crowded for any kid to get good attention or direction. Our son is smart, but he is so bored and unchallenged he has stopped taking school seriously and we fear his attitude is a result of how he's treated like cattle being herded around all day. It seems the principal is more interested in protecting the teachers than leading them to do their jobs.

Posted March 01, 2012
This year the teacher are stressed. The office staff is rude. Most of all there is no comuication with 6th grade teacher.

Posted October 03, 2011
My daughter is in 5th grade this year, and has gone to Miller since Kindergarten. We love it!! Great PTA, great teachers, great principal! A big 'thank you' to all the staff mambers and teachers who have made my daughter's time at school so wonderful!

Miller Elementary School
6401 West Pleasant Ridge Road, Arlington, TX  76016
Last modified Miller Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miller Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top