Bad
Good

My daughter has been attending since PreK and is now in the 2nd grade. She loves her teachers which overall have all done an amazing job! Her teacher this year has been interacting with myself through a Class Dojo app which he basically informs me of her day and what she's learning.

Fitzgerald Elementary School has the capacity to be a very high quality school. There are many enrichment activities for the students to participate in such as Choir Club, Orchestra, Band, Running Club, Garden Club and Art Club which were not all available when my oldest child attended this school. The educators and administrative faculty care for the children and their education. The gifted/talented program was basically dismantled by AISD in 2002 and there appears to be few opportunities to challenge those who are high achievers. There is little incentive to remove those children who are a constant disruption in their classes and there is one teacher in particular who is verbally abusive and she is still on staff. The majority of the educators are top quality and I am quite satisfied with the school as long as I supplement my GT children's education at home.

I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of focus on reading skills in Kindergarten. My daughter absolutely loved her teacher and teachers aid. It was obvious how hard the staff at Fitz worked. Every time I visited the school the staff was always upbeat and friendly. This is an excellent school and I feel blessed my daughter was able to go to a school that truly cares about my child's education and development. Thank you Fitzgerald for a wonderful year!

I am less than thrilled with my Fitz experience. The staff is totally unfriendly and unwelcoming. Perhaps, I have not met the exceptions. No body does traffic duty/ Children have no safety monitors. Children come to lunch late and the lines move slow, making children rush to eat. The staff needs training to put the children as a priority, not a means to a paycheck!

The staff at Fitz are not taking care of the problem kids in this school.It is not a verry safe environment.They need to work on getting a education for the kids.

My experience was kindergarten and first grade they were both good experiences for me and my child. Mrs Kasson 1st grade was an excellent teacher. Her room and activities seemed to help with kids learning info and coping skills. there does need to be better communication with parents. my child has two households and we were almost always out of the loop. school and teacher had my email and phone number but never received one. also in todays day and age a lot of the flyers they send out could be done via email and would save them a ton of money. parents would sing up and receive flyers of activities from the school for however many kids they had. more money kept in the school for other things. direct contact with parents via the internet. a few things would have to go snail mail. would love to see the improvements

Last modified Fitzgerald Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.