Arlington, TX

Fitzgerald Elementary School 4

Posted September 25, 2013
Fitzgerald Elementary School has the capacity to be a very high quality school. There are many enrichment activities for the students to participate in such as Choir Club, Orchestra, Band, Running Club, Garden Club and Art Club which were not all available when my oldest child attended this school. The educators and administrative faculty care for the children and their education. The gifted/talented program was basically dismantled by AISD in 2002 and there appears to be few opportunities to challenge those who are high achievers. There is little incentive to remove those children who are a constant disruption in their classes and there is one teacher in particular who is verbally abusive and she is still on staff. The majority of the educators are top quality and I am quite satisfied with the school as long as I supplement my GT children's education at home.

Posted June 22, 2009
I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of focus on reading skills in Kindergarten. My daughter absolutely loved her teacher and teachers aid. It was obvious how hard the staff at Fitz worked. Every time I visited the school the staff was always upbeat and friendly. This is an excellent school and I feel blessed my daughter was able to go to a school that truly cares about my child's education and development. Thank you Fitzgerald for a wonderful year!

Fitzgerald Elementary School 2

Posted January 27, 2009
I am less than thrilled with my Fitz experience. The staff is totally unfriendly and unwelcoming. Perhaps, I have not met the exceptions. No body does traffic duty/ Children have no safety monitors. Children come to lunch late and the lines move slow, making children rush to eat. The staff needs training to put the children as a priority, not a means to a paycheck!

Fitzgerald Elementary School 1

Posted February 18, 2008
The staff at Fitz are not taking care of the problem kids in this school.It is not a verry safe environment.They need to work on getting a education for the kids.

Fitzgerald Elementary School 3

Posted October 30, 2007

Posted June 01, 2007
My experience was kindergarten and first grade they were both good experiences for me and my child. Mrs Kasson 1st grade was an excellent teacher. Her room and activities seemed to help with kids learning info and coping skills. there does need to be better communication with parents. my child has two households and we were almost always out of the loop. school and teacher had my email and phone number but never received one. also in todays day and age a lot of the flyers they send out could be done via email and would save them a ton of money. parents would sing up and receive flyers of activities from the school for however many kids they had. more money kept in the school for other things. direct contact with parents via the internet. a few things would have to go snail mail. would love to see the improvements

Fitzgerald Elementary School 1

Posted August 08, 2005
I really haven't cared for the pricipal at Fitz. I feel very uncomfortable in his presence.

Posted September 22, 2004
I have 4 children in thi school and it has been excellent.All the teachers,principal,assistant principal care about this kids.The scores in this school(educational)are high.

Fitzgerald Elementary School 4

Posted January 29, 2004
This is my son's first year(3rd grade) attending a public school and I was a bit skeptical at first. However his transition from the private sector has gone extremely well. His teacher is caring, thoughtful, and challenging. I'm very happy that he is attending this school and would advise others to view this school in the highest light.

Posted January 20, 2004
I have twin boys that started Pk-3 this year. I was scared at first they hadn't been in daycare but the teachers are awesome. They have been nothing but kind with my children. It's so far from what I have seen a good school.

Fitzgerald Elementary School
5201 Creek Vly Dr, Arlington, TX  76018
Last modified Fitzgerald Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fitzgerald Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top