Posted June 22, 2014
My son attended Boles both 7th and 8th grade year. His experiences were always positive and he absolutely loved his teachers! Being a middle school teacher myself, Junior high is a transitional time for all students. As a parent you have to be supportive but help your child learn how to make there own choices as this will be a great life skill. Our interactions with teachers when there was any conflict was limited because we had our son take responsibility himself before we stepped in. Administrators and teachers appreciate parents who allow their children to become empowered rather than trying to fight their battles for them.

Boles J High School 3

Posted November 14, 2013
There are some great teachers and extra curricular activities, but the leadership is deplorable. There is lack of supervision in PE and bullying and physical aggression and attacks are dismissed rather than addressed. These things make it a bad environment for learning and getting through adolescent years. When leadership is made aware of problems they are annoyed rather than concerned and take their annoyance out on the student who reports a problem.

Boles J High School 2

Posted May 05, 2012
I would love to hear how the parents of special needs students feel about this school!! I'm not impressed. There isn't enough words to express my frustration and disgust. I'm pulling my child and would not recommend this school to anyone who has a special needs child. The Principal wonderful. Mrs. Madison great. This school fall short when it come to communication. I had to ask of it from each of my child teachers. Fyi..... my child is very well behaved and by no means a trouble maker. He has Autism Spectrum Disorder

Boles J High School 4

Posted May 20, 2010
We were very satisfied with Boles. Most of the teachers made an effort to be there for the kids (Some didn't, and that's why they didn't get 5 stars). Spanish was taught with such enthusiasm that my son was speaking as if he had been participating in a foreign language class for years! Band was a disappointment. Learned to play the music, but hated to go to class because of the negative environment trickling down from director. Great AP teachers who go out of their way to make sure kids succeed. Great office staff, very helpful and willing to listen to parental input. My child is now at Martin and we miss Boles very much.

Boles J High School 0

Posted July 17, 2009
This school is great! my daugter just finished 8th grade. she had a awesome science teacher. Ms.Gurrea. she is great with kids and a great scince teacher.

Boles J High School 1

Posted May 29, 2009

Boles J High School 4

Posted April 05, 2009
Great principal! Hes always involved from the classroom to directing traffic & helps students with individual needs and problems. I thinks he's been the best there. On the other hand the girls athletic dept. Seems to be over worked with no fun and old work out equipment. Only about 1 of the coaches seems to actually like children, I'd also like to commend the following teachers: Mrs.Hitt, Mrs.Knight, Mrs.Stone,Coach Swayne.

Posted March 31, 2009
My son is in his second year at Boles. He has had a wonderful experience. His teachers have been phenomenal! Mr. Benavides, the new principal, has really done an amazing job. He works hard to be there for the students and parents. He keeps the parents updated on important information through telephone messaging. My son is taking the Pre-AP courses and has really been challenged to do higher level work. He is more than prepared for Martin High School. The fine arts department has been a wonderful experience for Brian. He has excelled in both choir and orchestra. Mrs. Epley and Mrs. Stone have instilled a love of music for Brian. I commend all the teachers for preparing the kids to do their best. I am really going to miss Boles and I can't wait for my other two children to attend! Submitted by Cindy Mitchell, a parent

Posted February 24, 2009

Boles J High School 2

Posted January 05, 2009

Boles J High School
3900 Southwest Green Oaks Boulevard, Arlington, TX  76017
Last modified Boles J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boles J High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.