Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I'M ONLY RATING THIS SCHOOL A 1 BECAUSE THEY WON'T LET ME RATE LESS. This school is the worse I have ever seen. My child is only in Kindergarten and has been hurt by other children on several occasions. The school has never called, text or even sent a note home to inform me of these incidents. The only time they have sent a note home one of the times she got hurt was when she hit her head on the ground. I don't know about other parents but if my child hits her head on the ground I want more than a stupid note informing me of this, you need to call parents to let them know! Then TODAY my daughter came come with her dress ripped up and again no call, text or note about how this happened. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!!!!

Bebensee is where my Grandchild goes and just loves it. She is learning so much and the teachers get them excited to want to learn.

This school is terrible all they do is teach kids how to take the State test their only goal is to boost those state scores. My daughter hated it here and she didn't learn a thing. Stay away if you can unless you wanted a frustrated child.

This was our first year at Bebensee. God bless my daughter's teacher Ms. Cowman. She did a fantastic job!

I have been a part of the Bebensee community for 8 years as a grandparent. Wow! Bebensee is such a nice place to be. The principal is supportive and kind, the teachers show genuine care for the students and the overall atmosphere at the school is friendly and helpful. What a great group of teachers. They have more after school programs like the dance team! Such great opportunities for the students to develop in and out of the classroom.

I have had two children go through Bebensee. I have seen many changes over the years. On the whole Bebensee is a very good school. Our students come from varied home situations and the teachers try to make school the best part of their day. Like every school one or two teachers creep in that are there for the pay and summers off but they don't stay long. I see many bright and exciting days ahead for the students and Bebensee.

I had posted a negative review about this school three years ago. However, the change in administration seems to have made a difference. My children are enjoying school more than evver, and there seems to be a pretty good community spirit in this neighborhood for a change.

My children have attended Bebensee for the past 2 years. With new Principal and Vice Principal, I have seen the whole atmosphere change. The office staff have been welcoming. The Nurse has been wonderful identifing health issues with my children. My children have had outstanding teachers. The 1st and 2nd grade teachers have made my children excited about school and eager to come every morning. I am grateful to the staff and faculty for making my children value the importance of education. I am grateful that they have qualified teachers who recognize the individual needs of the students.

Bebensee's test scores definetly reflect the teachers,they are poor to say the least.I am however impressed with the music teachers and their program.This school is one of the worst AISD has to offer,we will be moving this year just to get out of Bebensee and hopefully AISD all together.

My child learned more and did more projects,book reports etc in lower grades than she is currently doing in the 5th. It appears that they do less work but are graded harder. A few of the classes do not send homework and have provided no information about the curriculum or what is being taught. My child indicates that they don't go outside much and in Gym the teacher spends more time talking than allowing exercise. If they allowed children more time to release some of the energy they probably would have less behavioral problems. To much time is focused on receiving negative marks and the TAKS instead of teaching the children the fundamentals. Several of the teachers are not friendly and have a negative demeanor. The teachers definately stick together and try to cover themselves. I was warned by other parents but didn't have much choice.

Last modified Bebensee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.