Arlington, TX

Posted October 08, 2014
This school sucks..The top faculty is very unprofessional..Can't wait to move!! And it's hard to contact the principles..

Ellis El 2

Posted September 10, 2013
The school is ok wit having after school activities but giving them a highet education Iwas ddisappointed because my daughter aced all class not saying she mot smart but they had challenging work....she needs to be on a grade ahead level an I dont see them teaching that...

Posted June 05, 2013
Since the first day of Kendergarten, we made it known to the faculty that our daughter was identified in preschool as showing signs of learning problems but was too young to test for dyslexia. In the first grade, her teacher has completely let her down. We have had multiple parent-teacher conferences all through the year about her learning but the teacher would drag her feet and not help my daughter. I had to get short with her in a conference to finally get my RTI meeting but it is too late. All the way to the principal they allowed my daughter to bring home 5 report cards with all 1s on everything reading and phonic related before they would even talk to us. We have given them all the information to test her and then some. The one reading program they put her in 4 days a week of one on one time she only gets maybe once due to not having a sub. In the conference, even the principal showed no interest in doing anything to make our daughter successful. For 2 years now, we have been fighting this school to get our daughter educated. We have given up. We are transferring her to antoher school.

Posted February 28, 2013
security in this school is really bad! yesterday i saw a little kid who im sure he was on 1st or 2nd grade and he was completely lost! walking outside the school by the parking lot alone!!! Today one of my son's classmates mom found a little girl lost by the street! again she was either in 1st or 2nd grade! she had to take the little girl who was scared and crying to the principal office! what if its my son next time????? its scary!!! they need to do something about it!!! btw, my son its not going to go to this school next year!

Ellis El 5

Posted May 30, 2011
I speak on behalf of the Ellis faculty. We carry more than our share of the load and we do it with loving care. I know without a shadow of doubt that we are doing many things right. We are mentoring students, we are molding children's lives positively, we are loving those whose parents are uninvolved or overworked, we are providing care before, after and during school and we are doing it because we CHOOSE to as educators. How many elementary campuses have a step team, student council, male and female etiquette based student club, spirit team, art club, choir, fitness club, running club, recycling team, along with all the other internal groups that are aides in the front office and library? How many elementary schools coordinate all aspects of a school for almost 950 young lives every single day? How many schools provide on-site staff development with technology, book studies, and curriculum emphasis? Complainers try to tell us how to do our jobs, BUT they don't & can't actually do it. You are personally invited to participate and make a POSITIVE difference instead of pouting and whining. Many times comments are reflections of our inner feelings. Are you great or guilty?

Posted May 16, 2011
We moved here last summer and my daughter attended fourth grade. We are moving again this summer and I am putting her back into her old school. I believe this school has a HUGE problem with bulling & teachers who don't set good examples, who do the samething. I believe in my heart, there is a serious race issues going on. I can't wait to get my daughter out of this school, what a wasted year. And it is so very sad. There afterschool program is bad. Comments made by the workers are unreal & are very uneducated remarks. My child learned new words, thank you!

Posted April 27, 2011
I regret the day my children had to walk into this school! They did an eany meany miney moe the first day of school, no organization! My child placed in classrooms where the teachers are the bully. Emails from one Teacher words are spelled wrong! Mrs. Douglas is rude and very very unprofessional!!! Very sad the school system today! I pray to the almighty that things change and I can put my children in private school next year, because you surely get what you pay for!!! Please research before sending your children here.

Posted August 12, 2010
My son went to Ellis from kindergarten-2nd grade. I regret that decision! If your student gets bullied i reccomend moving him/her to Larson.

Ellis El 4

Posted July 17, 2010
I love Ellis my daughter started in the 3rd grade and her last year was the 4th. I wish should could attend this year, but we are located too far away. But definatly a great school!

Ellis El 4

Posted June 24, 2010
All my three children go to this school. I like that there is decent parking but more could be done in directing and controlling traffic flow during pickup time as some parents stop to pick up their kids in the middle lane which is meant to help flow the traffic and not to stop to pick. This can and has caused accidents before and I wish some authority could be available to enforce this simple rule. Another issue is about some fountains not working in the building. Kids are not allowed drinks in the classrooms yet they can't get the fountains to work despite numerous request to do so. Secretary's attitude does not help the situation either.

Ellis El
2601 Shadow Ridge Drive, Arlington, TX  76006
Last modified Ellis El is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ellis El Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top