Arlington, TX

Ashworth Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2015
If I could rate this school a zero I would. This school does not care about children safety. Yes they have curbside pickup where they take your little ones in the car and never buckel there seatbelt. Most of their secretaries are rude especially the main one. They talk down to you, they give you unsolicited parental advise, no customer service at all. The assistant principal is rude an sarcastic. There is no communication when it comes down to your child progress in their education. The only communication you get is as a whole grade collectively. I get more notifications about school supplies and snacks I think I have bought supplies for 2 plus kids. PTA just takes your dues never contact you back even though you put yourself on the volunteer list. I don't believe these 4 star reviews for a moment, because of the behavior this administration portray I don't doubt they had some one discredit the review that has a one star. And what teacher you know that is actively working there is going to give this school a bad rating especially the school that is cutting you a check every month. Please think twice before you let your children go here.

Ashworth Elementary School 1

Posted April 23, 2015
Been an over all stressful and disappointing experience. They handle things really wrong. They don't tell parents things they should and much of the staff talks down to you. My son with ADD is singled out by his teacher often my other way beaten on at the play ground and they never called me and many times I've come home in complete tears. Will be happy when we move.

Posted March 25, 2015
I have worked at other schools in the district and I am amazed at how Ashworth goes above and beyond to make each child successful. Until now, I have never been to a school where the principal and asst. principal are out front and greeting students in the morning and right back at it in the afternoon helping students get to their vehicles safely. They take the time and form relationships with students. They have a true desire to make the students feel special and important. The teachers work hard to have a family atmosphere. They take the time to teach each student at their level. Ashworth is truly an AMAZING school! So proud to call it my home.

Posted March 25, 2015

Posted March 23, 2015
Ashworth Elementary received the highest test scores possible on the Texas State Assessments for the 2014-2015 school year. We received 6 out 6 distinctions for math, reading, and science! The individualized teaching our students receive and the high quality of teachers make the difference for our school. Ashworth Elementary was the only elementary school in the DFW area to receive this honor. Here is some fun data regarding our teacher's retention rate: 0-5 years 33% 5-10 years 34% 10-19 years 33% Teachers, thank you for teaching at Ashworth!

Posted March 23, 2015
I love Ashworth Elementary. I think it is the best school in Texas. I transferred my son here 4 years ago after discovering what a great school this was. My husband and I have discovered that the teachers go above and beyond what they are required to do in order for the kids to be successful. The kids love it here. Academics are stressed as well as making the learning environment fun. I am glad that I made the decision to transfer my son here. I would recommend this school to anyone with kids K-4 through 6th grade. They will be well prepared for junior high.

Posted March 22, 2015
Ashworth is an Amazing school. I have 3 children and they all have received a remarkable education at Ashworth. My daughter currently attends the pull out dyslexia program that has been a tremendous help for her. Ms. Harris and all the staff at Ashworth really care about their students.

Posted March 21, 2015
This is the best school in Arlington, Texas. The building is just brick and mortar. But the faculty, staff, kids, and everyone involved in this school are a family. The kids are the No. 1 concern. The people in this building go over and beyond everyday. It is the most positive, upbeat school in Arlington. Every resident and Arlington should strive to get their children in this school.

Ashworth Elementary School 2

Posted February 17, 2014
This school use to be top notch. I am not impressed with the education offered at this school anymore. Communication is lacking between teachers and parents. The atmosphere is so negative! Too many rude Teachers/staff in this school. It also seems like they can't keep teachers here. I keep looking for the revolving door this school must have put in! A few years ago the entire 3rd grade team left! This year, my child's teacher never return from winter break. Parents were never informed or given an explanation! My child hates going to school! If you want a good school,where you know your child will receive the best education available, look else where!

Posted January 13, 2013
My Grandson is now in his 4th year at Ashworth Elementary and he seems to be happy with his teachers. I am very impressed with the Principal and Asst. Principal, they are good with the children and consider of the parents feelings and questions. Always eager to help with any situation. The PTA is one of the best I have worked with and I have worked with quite a few. The teachers and everyone at Ashworth make you feel welcome when going in the school.

Ashworth Elementary School
6700 Silo Road, Arlington, TX  76002
Last modified Ashworth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ashworth Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top