Ashworth Elementary School 2

Posted February 17, 2014
This school use to be top notch. I am not impressed with the education offered at this school anymore. Communication is lacking between teachers and parents. The atmosphere is so negative! Too many rude Teachers/staff in this school. It also seems like they can't keep teachers here. I keep looking for the revolving door this school must have put in! A few years ago the entire 3rd grade team left! This year, my child's teacher never return from winter break. Parents were never informed or given an explanation! My child hates going to school! If you want a good school,where you know your child will receive the best education available, look else where!

Posted January 13, 2013
My Grandson is now in his 4th year at Ashworth Elementary and he seems to be happy with his teachers. I am very impressed with the Principal and Asst. Principal, they are good with the children and consider of the parents feelings and questions. Always eager to help with any situation. The PTA is one of the best I have worked with and I have worked with quite a few. The teachers and everyone at Ashworth make you feel welcome when going in the school.

Posted January 12, 2013
As a family with 3 Children, We have been at Ashworth for around 13 years. I am very Pleased with the Administration and staff member's. At Ashworth, each child is recognized as an individual and taught on there own level. This is very important since all children are different and learn differently. The Administration and Staff go above and beyond what is expected of them. The PTA is incredible at this school!! However, We could use a lot more "Younger Grade Level" Parents to step in and help PTA as us "Older Grade Level" Parents move on to JR High. :-) If your looking for a school or community for your family, I would recommend Ashworth Elementary! This school offers a GT (gifted and Talented) program, Art, Music, Musicals,Orchestra, Band, Computer Club, Chess Club, Student Council and so much more!

Posted January 07, 2013
I have been a parent and staff member for Ashworth Elementary. My daughter is now in college and fondly remembers her sixth grade teacher, Mrs. Fenoglio, as being one of her best teachers ever. Thanks to her, my daughter found confidence in her writing and will no doubt do something great with it in the future. As a staff member, I can attest to the fact that this is one of the hardest working group of teachers and PTA parents that anyone can hope to have. If you pass the building on the weekend or late in the evening, you will almost always see one or more cars in the parking lot. That's because the staff puts in the time to give every child the best outcome possible. The PTA is always trying to find ways to support the children and the staff. When parents work together with the staff and the student, great things happen! It's a joy to be around these kids, and I feel privileged to work with this group of people.

Posted January 07, 2013
Having come from another district, I feel comfortable saying that all of teachers and staff members deeply care about the quality of education the students receive at Ashworth Elementary. We firmly believe that students are best served when all stakeholders are actively engaged in the learning process. Involved parents are essential for student success. As such, the teachers at Ashworth make it a priority to reach out to parents on a daily basis. Our PTA program is also phenomenal. I would like to take a moment to address concerns I have read regarding our dismissal process. Safety of our students is our number one priority. It is a herculean task to release close to 600 students at one time and ensure all of them are picked up in a safe manner. We have tried different approaches in the past and I would challenge any community member to find a more efficient method at another campus. If you have any questions or concerns, the campus administration team would enjoy hearing from you.

Posted January 07, 2013
I feel extremely fortunate to work at Ashworth. We have a very dedicated and supportive leadership, which trickles down to enhance our hard-working staff. Our administrative leadership not only sets high standards, but they also roll up their sleeves and assist teachers when needed. In addition, they reach out to our community and deliver an unsurpassed A+ dismissal procedure. Our leadership and staff focus on success for our students...bottom line.

Posted January 07, 2013
Father of three Ashworth students. I am very proud of this school in the manner of which they are preparing my kids to be successful. My oldest is now in Junior High, and is taking a full load of pre-AP classes. Ashworth did a great job in preparing him for that work load. The quality of education at Ashworth is second to none. The caring, nurturing attitude of its teachers is a reflection of the leadership at the school. The principal has done a great job at creating a loving atmosphere in which the development of successful students is priority. In my experience with other schools, It takes a gifted Principal to achieve a balance of love and control, and Ashworth has exactly that.

Ashworth Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2012
I give the school 4 stars because of the teachers, NOT because of the principal and vice principal. This school has outstanding, dedicated, caring teachers. They teach to the top of the class and care about the students as individuals, not just about test scores. The teachers I've experienced have made me feel welcome. There seems to be a lack of respect for the parents and teachers by the administration. It is not a cohesive team. The principal talks down to her teachers and parents. As a parent, I didn't like being yelled at and rushed when I picked my child up in the car pool. It made me nervous when several people were screaming, waving their arms, and telling me different things to do. If I were choosing a school based on the teachers, this would be my number one pick. If I were choosing based on the administration, it would be my last.

Ashworth Elementary School 3

Posted July 12, 2010
Teaching staff - above average - Exemplary because of parental involvement (PTA driven) and an excellent teaching staff Welcoming and fun -- not so much anymore - goodbye school dances and now no more Sneak a Peek -- I'm sure there is some logical reason behind this decision but I don't see how it benefits kids at ALL. What relieves first day jitters more than having informally met the teacher and knowing where you seat is. To the admin of this school --- please stop nixing all the things parents and students loved about Ashworth!!!!!!!!!

Posted May 26, 2010
I am a former student of Ashworth Elementary school. I really enjoyed the years I spent in this amazing institution. I attended from 1999 to 2004. I loved all of my teachers. Mrs. Turner, Mrs. Harris, Mrs. White (Former teacher), Coach White and Coach Rose, and our music Instructor Mrs Keaton were just a few of the adults I had the pleasure of meeting and having instuct my classes during my time at Ashworth. All of our teachers were very dedicated. We put on numerous musical productions including The Music Man Jr. and Annie Jr. Mrs. Linderman helped shape this amazing school and its amazing students. I am A sophmore in HS and I love coming back to Ashworth for a visit. I will always be a Mustang at heart, 'cause "You just can't hide that Mustang Pride!"

Ashworth Elementary School
6700 Silo Road, Arlington, TX  76002
Last modified Ashworth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ashworth Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top