Arlington, TX
Students enrolled: 3,037

Bowie High School 1

Posted January 08, 2015
This is one of the worst schools ever. All of drugs, gangs and fights. The students are out of control. You will be bullied at this school.
4 people found this helpful

Posted November 23, 2014
I am grateful that Bowie has staff that love to communicate to parents. They keep us informed and updated on all areas of our children's development , growth and educational environment.

Posted October 09, 2013
Bowie is an excellent school. It is full of diversity. it could improve by having a veterinary classroom/course. I love the teachers and the counselors.

Bowie High School 4

Posted June 19, 2013
I graduate from this school about 3 weeks ago. Class of 2013 baby! Anyways, this school is great. There are numerous extra curricular programs and clubs that are just great. Going to this school for the past 4 years I've witness James Bowie getting better and better. With the new principle bringing back old tradition like power puff football games is great. For the most part faculty and staff are great. Although some could get another job. But overall good school. Sometimes I do wish this school would have more school spirit activities. I feel like in a couples of years or so this school will be the best in the metroplex.

Posted May 16, 2013
I am a Junior at Bowie High School, this is (to me) one of the best and most safest high schools to be at. I've seen a lot of students and a few friends graduate early and already are getting started on their careers. Bowie can sometimes be a bad school, but its how the students get treated. A lot of stealing and drugs but what place isn't going to have that. We're teenagers trying to make the best choices we can. Bowie is okay.

Posted September 22, 2012
Great School alot of stereotypes from outside of the school but you cant judge a book by it cover. These Halls within the school are the best in Arlington.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 04, 2012
Awesome school! It has a wide range of extracurricular activities that you can participate in and great students and teachers.

Posted October 18, 2011
This school is just ghetto, take out the rap music and this school will be perfect.

Bowie High School 4

Posted July 12, 2011
To the parent below who wants more parent involvement-join PTA. Look for the PTA table at registration in August and sign up to get involved. I have had a student graduate and 1 still there and I have been involved in many ways. We'll let you know where you can help!

Posted July 05, 2011
I feel that the student to teacher ratio is extreme. I feel they need more vice principals. I feel that the parent involvment is very low and so the school needs to figure out a way to get the parents more involved.

Bowie High School
2101 Highbank Drive, Arlington, TX  76018
Last modified Bowie High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bowie High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top