Posted April 24, 2014
We have been sending our daughter to St. Maria's since Pre-K and absolutely love it. The teachers are very helpful in providing a great education where students enjoy learning as well as getting their Catholic education. My wife and sister-in-law also attended and myself, having gone to a Catholic school can appreciate the daily process of eduation and what my daughter learns. She also has built some life-long friends and I feel that is very important in growing up. While, they may move on over time, building bonds early is important in life. I also love that each week the studends attend mass on Thursdays to hear the good Word! I would recommend SMG to any family looking for a valued education and enhancing their faith.

Posted March 19, 2014
Absolutely love the school. We are happy that our daughter attends SMG. Every morning she is excited to go to class. The teachers and staff are friendly.

St Maria Goretti Catholic School 4

Posted October 28, 2013
We love our school! We are lucky to have a beautiful community of families who make sacrifices and work hard to support our students and teachers. We have small class sizes, so our teachers can focus on teaching each student; keeping the balance between challenging stronger students and nurturing along those who need more help. We have high academic standards and high moral standards - both contributing to preparing our children for adulthood.

St Maria Goretti Catholic School 4

Posted October 21, 2013
SMG was a great down to earth school. The faculty works hard to give the kids a good solid education. I found that my kids were totally prepared for high school after leaving SMG.

St Maria Goretti Catholic School 1

Posted September 12, 2013
My short experience with this school was too long. I decided to un-enroll my son after I found out they were watching TV during "class" and napping. When I was in the office the rude receptionist went into the principles office and was talking about me loud enough to where I could hear in the hallway and they were not being very professional. I understand that not all children are at the same mental ability, however that does not mean it is acceptable to hold my son back because your limited staff is incapable of balancing out different student needs. This was also do to the fact that there were too many students in one classroom. If I am going to pay for my sons education, I would expect the teacher to at least talk to me about my concerns in a professional manner. I am so disappointed. They also kept supplies which were my sons. If my son is not attending your school, it is unethical to keep his things. They were offended that I asked for his markers and supplies back. Needless to say, they are not someone I would trust to instill a sense of morality to my children. I am glad that I figured this out before the year progressed.

Posted January 16, 2013
I chose SMG after looking at many other schools in Arlington. SMG had everything my family was looking for: teachers who have been long-term employees, strong parent involvement, up to date education program, and of course, Catholic principles. Other things that I have noticed over our 4 year involvement is that they are consistently working toward updating any old areas, from the playground to the computer lab to the curriculum. I have been very pleased with each of the teachers my child has had. Most recently after the Sandy Hook tragedy, the school handled preparing the students for emergencies in a non-frightening way. I have had opportunities to interact with the principal and vice-principal and I find them to be approachable, forward-thinking and very involved in the daily workings of the school. There are so many things I love about Maria Goretti School, but the part that means the most to me is seeing my child's happy face as he jets out of the car every morning.

Posted March 02, 2012
As a public school teacher for 20 years, I have been on a lot of campuses. I know what to look for. Walking my Pre-K daughter into SMG on her school days brings me calm and reassurance that I made the right decision to send her (and soon her little brother) to SMG. I see happy teachers and happy children. What I don't see is wild and crazy kids during the school day, like in public school. The only concern I have is with the after-school care. The kids seem to be a little more nuts and the ladies hired for the job may not be skilled in managing a larger group of kids. Besides that, it's an awesome school! Thanks for making my little daughter love school!

Posted January 24, 2012
St. Maria Goretti Catholic School is a school that has a very traditional feel and a very welcoming atmosphere. The reason we chose this school in the very beginning when we were thinking about where we wanted to send our children to school was because of it's strong academics and affiliation with the parish. I couldn't be more pleased with the education our children have received at SMG. It's a great school with caring teachers and staff. The academics are rigorous and prepare the children to be lifelong learners. When my child went on to college she said she was glad they were so rigorous because she felt they had really prepared her and gave her good study habits. The teachers are always willing to help your child and go above and beyond. My children have received an outstanding education at an affordable tuition that although was not met without sacrifice was doable. Great principal !!!

Posted July 07, 2010
We have been at SMG for 6 years now and we could not be happier. The staff is wonderfull and caring and my kids are so happy there. They have wonderful specials programs and activities for the children to be involved in. Best school around! Way to go SMG!

St Maria Goretti Catholic School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
Great education with morality and faith to God

St Maria Goretti Catholic School
1200 South Davis Drive, Arlington, TX  76013
Last modified St Maria Goretti Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Maria Goretti Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top