No rating

Pantego Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 845 students

Distinctively Christian Education

Living in Arlington

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $124,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $730.

Posted May 26, 2011

Today was our last day of the school year and I have to say, I have a hard act to follow this summer. The structure, fun and standards of excellence the school has perfected to lead our children will be something I strive to replicate at home. I have weekly Bible verses planned, a great habit we picked up from school. We'll continue to say the pledge to the Bible and the pledge to the Christian flag at home this summer. We have such great fellowship with PCA families we look forward to lots of playdates and get-togethers. I'm bummed school is out for the summer- not because my kids will be home all day every day, which is a blessing to our family, but because PCA is truly worthy of a 365 day a year experience.

Posted May 17, 2011

Over the last 13 years I have seen and been amazed at the growth in PCA. The administration works diligently to make PCA a healthy Christian environment for the students to grow & prepare for their years ahead. Lots of blood, sweat and prayers are poured into this school. There are outstanding students and teachers working together with outstanding accomplishments.

Posted May 4, 2011

As the school year comes to a close, I am prayerfully thankful for this year and the wonderful experience it was for our child. As a parent, I was welcomed to volunteer and be a part of as much of the school experience as I wanted to. I was able to spend a lot of time in the classroom, on field trips and at school activities and got to know the Mansfield campus elementary principal, staff, students and families well. I can't say enough about the positive learning environment this school creates. The very small class sizes, the camaraderie fostered among students and families and the very open expression of worshiping God and behaving according to His character add up to a priceless experience. We are so very blessed to be a part of Pantego Christian Academy

Posted April 5, 2011

I am a PCA Dad, and was very resistant to the idea of putting our children in this school- sticker shock initially put me on the hunt for reasons *not* to enroll. Because I am also an accountant and wanted to truly examine the value of public vs. private education, I did some heavy research. I found that what I pay in school taxes, multiplied by the property I own and members of our family, cost more than a PCA education. Further, when we re-did our childrens' clothing budget to calculate for uniforms vs. outfits, accessories and shoes, we again came out ahead. But what stopped me in my tracks, and booted me out of my "dollar" mindset was the tour, where we met the educators and school leadership. I was actually ashamed that I had tried to value this based on dollars when I encountered a Christian atmosphere that instills good character, personal excellence, superior education and an environment a cold dollars and sense guy like myself can only describe as warm and embracing. We are now in our 5th year and after tithing and savings, PCA is our families top budget priority each year. In a word, PRICELESS!!!

Posted April 2, 2011

Ask a lot of questions before choosing this school. Even though "Christian" is in the name of school, this is not the case in how the students treat each other. And the sad thing is the administration is slow or lacking in addressing this problem. There are no expectations set for character traits after first grade. The mentality is that "we" don't have those problems here. But unfortunately, meaness and bullying run rampanant while everyone turns a blind eye and hopes the problem will correct itself. There is also a problem with nepotism concerning teacher's kids in the middle and upper grades. While everything is in place here for a great school, it isn't happening. Lack of leadership is a problem.

Posted April 2, 2011

We have attended PCA since the mid 1990's. We selected PCA for its academic environment, which is grounded in scriptural principals. Our two children have been positively challenged by the curriculum. Through PCA's dual-credit and advanced placement courses in the upper school, our oldest carried 33 college credit hours into college and continues to excel in a Division I school's Honors Program. The math, science and english courses at PCA prepared our student well for the rigors of a university program. We anticipate that our second child will achieve a similar credit placement upon graduation from PCA. Our children have had the opportunity to mentor other PCA students. They have participated in service and mission trips locally, across the state, in New Orleans and the Southeastern United States, and in the Carribean and in Mexico. PCA is developing a sister-school relationship with an organization in Western Africa with the intent of providing cross-cultural learning and ministry. Through these experiences, our children have developed an understanding of and appreciation for God's grace and blessings in their lives, and the responsibility that goes along with these blessings.

Posted March 30, 2011

Tuesday, April 5 is the tuition due date for the 2011-12 school year, and as we prepare to pay that tuition fee, my husband and I take pause and consider the value proposition of PCA. How much is spiritual and academic development worth? For our family, the development our children receive from PCA is "priceless". We have been involved with PCA for 9 years and have witnessed the school's evolution. Our children perform at an academic level that is well beyond their public school peers. I give credit to the school for much of their spiritual growth, as they spend 7 hours a day 5 days a week seeing, hearing and learning from Christian educators, who glorify God through their teaching. Each day as my children get out of the car, I am at peace knowing God's protection is over the school and that through those doors there is a safe environment with loving individuals who will protect my child. As a family we are enriched by the relationships with other families that we meet through the school, families that have similar goals for their children. So, with 100% certainty that PCA is a great value proposition, our family will continue investing in PCA.

Posted March 24, 2011

This is our family's first year at Pantego Christian Academy and we are so humbled to be part of such a powerful, amazing Christian and academic "family." We love the positive influence on our daughter from all sides- teachers, administrators, other students and other families. We feel the environment nurtures her own sweet and positive nature, something I feel can be broken down in a child too easily in this world. We are also extremely pleased with the advanced curriculum and the way it's taught. Our daughter is thriving academically, and we are so proud. We are continually surprised, not just by the content but by her mastery of it. My husband and I agree she's a MUCH smarter and well educated child than either of us at her age. But to me the very most important aspect of this experience is the prayer in school and strong Christian environment. Our teachers pray daily with our children. Our daughter is seeing older children in the school who boldy offer up prayer in large group settings with comfort and ease. I'm so thankful this is modeled for her. PCA has exceeded our expectations in every area and we pray all three of our kids will be PCA graduates some day!

Posted March 21, 2011

I would think long and hard before I you send your child to this school. Minorities are treated horribly at this school. I was a little apprehensive about sending my child there due to the lack of diversity but my husband and I decided to try it. I should have followed my motherly instinct and continued my search. My child and other minorities in this school were treated as inferior in several different aspects (extra curricular activities, school plays, athletics, as well as different treatment from teachers, students, and even the parents). Not to mention that the children were mean and bullied my child and would even make racist remarks, not just to my child but to other students of other nationalities. I'm thinking wow, this is 2010. Where does all of this hatred come from? I did not expect to encounter this type of behavior at a so called "Christian" school. We had always heard good things about PCA until we experienced it for ourself. We have since chosen another private school in the area and we couldn't be happier.

Posted March 16, 2011

This is our first year as a PCA family and we couldn't be happier. We decided to enroll at Pantego after attending a Preview Night when our son was three years old. After meeting the teachers and administrators our decision was easy...he would be a Panther.

Posted February 22, 2011

We have 2 daughters that have attened PCA for 6 years now. Our girls are receiving a top notch, college prep, Christian education. We have been blessed by all of the wonderful families we have become so close with over the years, which is a huge support system. The teachers are prayer warriors for our children. Not only are they teaching them great academics, but Christian leadership and life skills needed for a successful future.

Posted February 2, 2011

I have 2 chidren that attend PCA. We have been at this school for 7 years now and LOVE it! The small town atmosphere as well as small class size gives my children the cofidence and attention they need to succeed. Both my children love attending school and have huge school pride. The most important thing about PCA is the Christian atmosphere and the love that the teacher's show our children. You can definitely tell the teachers care about what they are doing as well as each and every child. We couldn't be happier with PCA. I highly recommend our school!

Posted January 21, 2011

I have 2 children at PCA. One is in elementary (started in the early childhood program) and the other in middle school (started in Kindergarten). Has it always been perfect. Nope. However, what a wonderful group of teachers and administrators that work everyday to provide a great environment for my children. Mr. Brown is an incredible Band teacher...kids of all ages truly enjoy his leadership. Mrs McCord is an amazing Kindergarten teacher. I can not imagine a better experience. Everyone knows Becky Frazier, she is a wonderful heart beat of our elementary. Mrs Hutto has helped one of my children enjoy reading and really been a support for us as we learn to manage dyslexia. Any time we have needed anything in Middle School, Mrs Bunker has been there for us. I could go on and on about all the great people. It saddens my heart that there are folks that had a poor experience. I hope they find happiness. For our family, we have been blessed and have loved every minute being apart of the Panther family.

Posted January 10, 2011

I am a single mom who sacrifices much to keep my daughter in private school. By no fault of our own, this is her 3rd private school. She began at PCA in 7th grade, a time that for many kids is a very difficult time to make a change. She was accepted readily by most students & teachers. By Christmas, not only did the MS teachers know her on a personal level, many of the HS teachers did as well. She was accepted with open arms into both the drama & athletic programs. The academic program is top notch, but even more importantly to me is the family atmosphere at PCA. She loves her teachers, as well as many of her friends' parents & considers many of them family! To a single mom, this is a definite plus, as I truly believe it takes a village to raise a child!!! The difference I have seen in her maturity and self-motivation has been huge & the love we have both been shown from the teachers & families at this school have been a true blessing!!! With any school, there will always be things that we would like to see done differently. However, we have been extremely happy at PCA & with God's blessing, this is where she will graduate from!!

Posted December 22, 2010

I have had children in both private and public schools. Our family has been involved with Pantego Christian Academy for over 25 years. Our children and now some grandchildren attend. The school is first class in all respect. Teachers really care and the class size allows them to work one on one with the students. The Christian teaching builds character and lasting values. Without hesitation, I can say this is a great education that is not available in public schools and many private schools. Bill Rosenberry

Posted December 21, 2010

PCA has been our home for nearly five years. We just finished the Christmas Season w/ class parties and gift giving; I can confirm a very active Christian atmosphere is alive and well at PCA! It is very obvious the children love their teachers and the teachers love their students. My wife and I moved our child to PCA for kindergarten and I have been sold on the product offering since day one. The school offers an academic challenge that our child wakes up to each morning ready to tackle. PCA offers just the right amount of homework, studying, and fun activities for students and parents alike. The students are proud of the school and what the school brings towards helping them achieve their goals. PCA has been blessed with many fantastic teachers and administrators being part of the halls. The former headmaster, Mr. Newby, did an excellent job of bringing the school to the forefront of private education offered in the DF/W area. His successor, Mr. Pritcher, has made it a personal goal to continue to outpace other private schools with a Christian atmosphere filled with love, challenges, and fun for our children. We are blessed to be a part of the PCA family.

Posted December 15, 2010

Pantego Christian Academy has enriched our entire family's lives. Our daughter is receiving an exceedingly high quality education based in Christian values and through all the wonderful programs that include community support, mission trips, field trip, sports activities and more, we as parents have been exposed to a continuing education program as well. We have met so many wonderful new friends through the school because of the inclusive familial environment that PCA strives for everyday. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK PCA!!!!!! GO PANTHERS!

Posted December 15, 2010

We have been at Pantego Christian Academy for the five years starting each of our three children in the Early Childhood Program. It has been a decision that we do not regret. We have seen our boys grow and develop in immeasurable ways. The Christian education is top notch. All subjects are taught with excellence and with a Biblical worldview. The teachers are loving, fair, and well trained. They pray with my children everyday! What a blessing. The academics are geared toward the student and are well above what my friends children are doing in public school. PCA truly promotes Biblical community and our family is proud to be part of the PCA family.

Posted December 15, 2010

We love that the academics are challenging and broader in scope than what is offered in public school. We also really appreciate that the children are competing in speech meets, young author's competitions, spelling bees and science fairs. What a great time to learn public speaking and presentation skills - before they are old enough to be nervous! I love how encouraging the children are to each other, and I love watching parents treat every child as their own. There is an amazing sense of community among these families. The children (all ages) participate in various efforts to share the love of God around the world - shoe boxes for operation Christmas Child; cereal drives for the local food pantry; welcoming troops at the airport; reading the Christmas Story at a local nursing home; and mission trips hundreds of miles from home. The children are learning the Bible and applying its teaching. Most importantly, I happened to walk into the school one morning last week and notice that the faculty and staff was praying together before school started. Wow! How great it is knowing that my daughter's teachers love her enough to pray for her!

Posted December 15, 2010

We have had our kids at PCA since 1999 and have been very satisified. Our original criteria was to find a Christian School that was steeped in the Word and a Christian World View, but at the same time had enough academic rigor to enable our children to compete for the best of colleges. We have watched the school go through two major recessions and yet remain financially strong. We have witnessed teachers praying for our kids and going the extra mile to help them learn when they were struggling. We have experienced the the joy of seeing a new band program, enhanced athetics and a new high school. PCA has a unique middle school program with its own principal and the high school is delivering on the academic rigor through AP and Dual Credit programs. Will we continue to be excited about our choice after 11 years, we are more excited about the future with the expansion of the technology laptop program, the expansion of the new high school and the vision the school has for the future. I'd do it all over again!

Asian or Pacific Islander 2% 4%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
College counselor(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
School social worker/counselors(s)
Special education coordinator
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Extra learning resources offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

• SAT/ACT prep classes
  • School-sponsored trips to college campuses
  • Summer college prep programs
  • National Honor Society

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Diane Bunker
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Block scheduling
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Religious
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Writing
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
  • Chinese (Mandarin)
  • Latin
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
Vocational or skills-based training offered
  • None

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Special education coordinator
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Performance stage

• Drama
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club
  • Cyberpatriot
  • Drill team
  • Drum line
  • Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
  • Foreign language and culture club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom