No rating

Pantego Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 845 students

Distinctively Christian Education

Living in Arlington

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $124,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $730.

Posted December 15, 2010

We have been at Pantego Christian Academy for the five years starting each of our three children in the Early Childhood Program. It has been a decision that we do not regret. We have seen our boys grow and develop in immeasurable ways. The Christian education is top notch. All subjects are taught with excellence and with a Biblical worldview. The teachers are loving, fair, and well trained. They pray with my children everyday! What a blessing. The academics are geared toward the student and are well above what my friends children are doing in public school. PCA truly promotes Biblical community and our family is proud to be part of the PCA family.

Posted December 15, 2010

We love that the academics are challenging and broader in scope than what is offered in public school. We also really appreciate that the children are competing in speech meets, young author's competitions, spelling bees and science fairs. What a great time to learn public speaking and presentation skills - before they are old enough to be nervous! I love how encouraging the children are to each other, and I love watching parents treat every child as their own. There is an amazing sense of community among these families. The children (all ages) participate in various efforts to share the love of God around the world - shoe boxes for operation Christmas Child; cereal drives for the local food pantry; welcoming troops at the airport; reading the Christmas Story at a local nursing home; and mission trips hundreds of miles from home. The children are learning the Bible and applying its teaching. Most importantly, I happened to walk into the school one morning last week and notice that the faculty and staff was praying together before school started. Wow! How great it is knowing that my daughter's teachers love her enough to pray for her!

Posted December 15, 2010

We have had our kids at PCA since 1999 and have been very satisified. Our original criteria was to find a Christian School that was steeped in the Word and a Christian World View, but at the same time had enough academic rigor to enable our children to compete for the best of colleges. We have watched the school go through two major recessions and yet remain financially strong. We have witnessed teachers praying for our kids and going the extra mile to help them learn when they were struggling. We have experienced the the joy of seeing a new band program, enhanced athetics and a new high school. PCA has a unique middle school program with its own principal and the high school is delivering on the academic rigor through AP and Dual Credit programs. Will we continue to be excited about our choice after 11 years, we are more excited about the future with the expansion of the technology laptop program, the expansion of the new high school and the vision the school has for the future. I'd do it all over again!

Posted December 15, 2010

For the time we have spent at PCA, we have known that our daughters were getting a great education, along with the day-to-day guidance and friendships that will make a difference in their lives and, indeed, the life of our family. Every person at PCA that we have had contact with has made a difference and we are deeply grateful and hugely blessed. Today seems to be a good time to say thanks. Today, our senior received her acceptance letter to Texas A&M University, and that has been her goal. Today, her hard work and YOUR hard work have paid off in her life. She is on top of her little world today, because she has realized a goal and has begun to be more aware of what her future holds and how important these school years have been. We believe her acceptance is a blessing and a reward for her hard work and the hard work and dedication of the entire faculty and staff at PCA. We wanted to let you know the good news and again Thank You for all you do for our children every day. We feel honored and blessed to be part of the PCA family.

Posted December 14, 2010

We have been at PCA for two years and couldn't be happier with our choice! (We even drive from Dallas everyday to attend.) All the teachers, leadership, and everyone we've come in contact with, including the custodians, have been been so nice and beyond helpful. Between the nurturing yet structured environment to the challenging curriculum, our child feels loved, safe, inspired and is learning above his grade level...we are truly blessed to have found PCA!

Posted December 12, 2010

My children have been attending Pantego Christian since they were 1 years old. We could not be happier with the nurturing yet structured environment of PCA. The students are treated with respect and in turn have learned to be respectful of each other and the adults in their lives. The quality of education is supurb. PCA teaches the foundations from which everything else is built upon. They use games and songs to help teach the children so that they not only learn, but retain. The Christian environment is evident from the minute you step foot in the door and with every person you entounter. PCA provides positive reinforecemnt that allows the kids to excel in school and extra-curricular activities. The after school programs available through the school are amazing! I highly recommend Pantego Christian Academy.

Posted December 11, 2010

There is no "perfect school". We've tried public, home school, private/home school, charter, another charter, and finally private Christian. We finally found a school that meets most of our expectations. Pantego Christian Academy has been our "home" for 3 years now and we are very happy with the academics, the teachers, the leadership, and especially the environment. When I drop off my kids, I don't have an uneasy feeling. I know that they are in a loving environment where they are inspired, nurtured and challenged. Perfect? No, but by far the best we've experienced!

Posted December 10, 2010

Pantego Christian has been great for us. The quality of the educational and after school activities has been outstanding for my child. I would recommend PCA for any of my family and friends.

Posted December 10, 2010

PCA's curriculum is far above the AISD standards. My son is in the AIM program which is a program for students who are considered gfted & talented. They meet for an entire day with a GT teacher. We have been very impressed with the attention he gets. Also, PCA creates an environment for the kids which includes positive reinforcement. All the teachers know the students by name in all grade levels. Kids learn to respect their peers & encourage each other to excel in both academics & sports. We have been very impressed with PCA & what they stand for.

Posted December 9, 2010

We have been memebers of the PCA family for seven years. We have two students at the school and are completely pleased with the quality of the education our children are receiveing. While quality academics are very important to us, having our children in a Christ-centered environment is even more important. We are so grateful that our children are receiving superior training in a Godly environment.

Posted October 25, 2010

A reviewer shouldn't make less of another parent or student's review. There are SEVERAL reviews of bullying at this school. That's great if this was NOT your experience! I was disgusted as a parent of the amount of bullying that my child and several others endured at this school and we attended for years! Yes, bullying happens everywhere and kids are mean but I am amazed how the teachers and administrators at a Christian school handled (or refused to handle it). The only thing RIDICULOUS is how a lot of students there are treated and nothing is done about it. If it hasn't happend to your child, you just wait!

Posted October 5, 2010

What a wonderful school PCA is. Our family has attended for a few years now, and could not be any happier with this school. It is a loving Christian enviroment. I have one in high school and one in elementary. Reading the last review, I disagree strongly, it's ridiculous. I have never heard or witnessed any bullying at PCA. The administration works with parents, when there are issues, I could never imagine them telling a parent who complaines to leave. We love it here, and highly recomend this school. Two Thumbs Up for this family!

Posted September 29, 2010

I attended PCA for a few years and I was BULLIED the entire time! I would report it and nothing was ever done. My parents were told by other parents that all "complainers" need to leave so eventually we did when we saw that the administrators weren't going to handle the problem. The teachers are concerned and caring and Christ-like until you complain about one of their favorite students or a sports star. Then they (principal, teachers, students, etc) will turn the tables on you and the students will even lie on you. They at that point will force you out . If you are looking for a Christ like environment, I suggest Grace Prep. They practice what they preach and don't show the favoritism. The DO NOT allow bullying like PCA and I feel like an equal, not a "complainer" or an outcast because I didn't participate in a clique.

Posted September 22, 2010

We transferred our oldest to Pantego last January. I cannot tell you the difference we have seen in him since the transfer. The loving, caring environment has been a blessing to our family. He has never felt bullied or excluded from any event. Just the opposite, in fact. We cannot be thankful enough for the grace this school has provided to our family. Our son strongly disliked going to school until the transfer. He now is ready and excited to go to school every day and looks forward to it. Not a bad attitude, coming from a High School freshman! We are so pleased with the transition and the blessings of the teachers and staff. I highly recommend PCA and look forward to the remaining High School years.

Posted September 21, 2010

Pantego Christian Academy is an excellent school! My family has been a part of PCA for 12 years. The impact that the teachers have had on my children will last a lifetime. It is comforting to know that my children are not just receiving an excellent education, but are also being cared for by teachers who go above and beyond. The dedication of teachers and the level of parental involvement make it feel like family. Each year has been a blessing, as I see my children developing into everything God created them to be, thanks to PCA!

Posted September 21, 2010

1. kids are mean. Public school or private school some kids are just mean. They call each other names and pick who they like and who they don't like. 2. Just because you pay tuition does not entitle your child to everything. Both of my children go to PCA. I love that I know if my child is having a bad day, his or her teacher will give them a hug. Kids need love. Children need comforting between 8AM and 4PM. God has graced PCA with wonderful loving christian teachers and staff. I am very blessed to have such wonderful children who are leaps and bounds beyond where their friends from public school are. And best of all they get to pray and learn about God.

Posted September 18, 2010

Our children have attended PCA since Elementary and are both now in High School. We highly recommend this school! It is a true blessing to receive an excellent education in a Christlike environment. Our Senior who is now making applications to college meets/exceeds the acceptance requirements for any Public or Private school in the state and has many opportunities to receive scholarships. The academic enviornment is challenging and rigorus but well worth the benefit. Our children are being eqipped with the tools they need to defend their faith in Christ. We truly believe in the return on the investment at Pantego Christian Academy.

Posted August 19, 2010

If you haven't experienced bullying at PCA, you will soon. All of the other posts that speak to bullying and favoritism are true. We sent our child to PCA for 6 years and finally left this year after 3 years of trying to get administration to do something about the mean kid problem. But, since some of these kids are teachers kids, not much can or will ever be done. And it is a stretch to leave the word "Christian" in the school's name. Sadly, there isn't much Christ-like behavior there anymore. The culture has changed in recent years from a family-oriented, Christian faith-based school to more of an elite private school. No thanks. If you are looking for a school where your families Christian values will be reinforced, KEEP LOOKING!

Posted July 26, 2010

I spent one year as a teacher at Pantego and I can tell you it is not a place you want your child. There is favoritism all over the place, the kids are mean to each other like nothing I have seen before, there is no support for the teachers and there are many teachers teaching things they are not qualified or even interested in. Save your money, this school is not worth it.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 11, 2010

This is my daughter's 3rd year at PCA. We transferred here from a public school in 1st grade. There are too many things for me to possibly list that are wonderful about this school. If this is a testimony for you, my husband was laid off last year and we agreed that we would rather lose our home than to pull her out of this school. It means that much to us. I'm bothered by the comments that money talks here. We sacrifice GREATLY to have her at this school, we are by no means rich and we have never been made to feel out of place or as if we don't belong. There are certainly wealthy families that are a part of PCA but for the most part they are middle-class families that have chosen to sacrifice to give their kids a Christian education. This school is our family.

Asian or Pacific Islander 2% 4%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
College counselor(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
School social worker/counselors(s)
Special education coordinator
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Extra learning resources offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

• SAT/ACT prep classes
  • School-sponsored trips to college campuses
  • Summer college prep programs
  • National Honor Society

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Diane Bunker
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Block scheduling
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Religious
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Writing
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
  • Chinese (Mandarin)
  • Latin
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
Vocational or skills-based training offered
  • None

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Special education coordinator
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Performance stage

• Drama
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club
  • Cyberpatriot
  • Drill team
  • Drum line
  • Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
  • Foreign language and culture club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom