No rating

Pantego Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 845 students

Distinctively Christian Education

Living in Arlington

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $124,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $730.

Posted April 14, 2010

This is my son's first year at Pantego and we love it. The curriculum is tougher than public school, the teacher's are caring and compassionate, and the students are great too. I will definitely keep my son here until he graduates. The tuition amount is worth it here.

Posted April 14, 2010

My son has attended for the last 2 years. He is currenty in 2nd grade. This school has been a fantastic experience for us all. We feel welcomed and comfortable here. They keep school interesting and fun for my son, and have even placed him in advanced spelling after they noticed he wasn't being challenged by the current 2nd grade spelling words. They have given him the special attention he needed to keep school challenging, and he loves it!

Posted April 2, 2010

Our children have been at PCA for the last 10 years. Several things jump out as being special. 1. The size and intimacy of the campus allows for parents and students to get to know the faculty and staff on a personal way. 2. Having both a Christian World View and a challenging academic environment is preparing our kids for life with a solid foundation. 3. The breadth of the extra curricular activities allows our kids to be active in athletics, the arts, mission trips and investing in our local community through organizations like Mission Arlington. 4. We are very excited about the addition to the facilities over the years and are expecially excited about the new High School being build on the expanded site next to the current campus. 5. PCA is a family and our family's best friends and fun are rooted here. It's awesome!

Posted March 16, 2010

It is sad in these times that this school doesn't pay attention to what is going on around them. They have raised tuition almost $900 a year per child, starting in the up coming 2010-2011 school year. No discount for families with more than one child. We are sad that our family will not be back next year. Advice to PCA: Full-time teacher's children should have full tuition paid as part of their benefits. Raise the money before starting building projects and putting the high cost on the families backs, that had no say in the matter. Do a better job at hiring speciality teachers. When there are programs, don't pick the same children for the lead parts. Give every child an equal chance to shine. We pray that PCA will return to the wonderful school they once were.

Posted November 20, 2009

We have had children at PCA for the last 12 years. The school is uncompromising with incorporating a Christian worldview throughout the curriculum The academics are strong throughout the school, ranging from gifted and talented program in elementary to AP and dual-credit offerings in the high school. One element of a great school is the ability to analyze and address weaknesses, since every school has weaknesses. Throughout their recent growth, the school has taken, and continues to take, steps to continually improve every aspect of the experience at PCA. They have strong extracurricular activities to supplement the academics. I would recommend this school to anyone without hesitation.

Posted September 23, 2009

My child's homeroom and PE teachers for the years we have been at PCA has been loving christian people and educated my child well. Outside of the class home room is a different story some elementary specialty teachers and the principal don't show the same christian character tracts as you would want from a 'Christian' school. The homeroom teachers are a 5-star rating but the high tuition and some of the other staff rating of a 2-star rating brings PCA average to a 3-star rated private school.

Posted February 26, 2009

All they care about is money! My child had special needs and we were promised help that we never recieved! There are to many clicks among the teachers and kids. You can get this type of education for free in public school so why pay big bucks for a envirment that is not Christan like.

Posted February 24, 2009

I love this school, only because of the security that it gives me knowing he is in a Christian based school. But unfortunately it is very expensive. I am a single mother and with no help from the father. I wish PCA would offer some sort of assistance for my 4 yr old. It really gets difficult paying tuition and being able to pay my bills. Cost is the only reason why i am currently looking for another school. Over all great school.

Posted September 9, 2008

We are very pleased with PCA. My oldest is in his 4th year at A & M in the Computer Engineering Program. He started in PreK and finished at PCA. He was prepared for college and even had over 30 units of college credit. If you want to do well in any subject there is an opportunity for it - especially Math, English & Science. The school has made significant - positive changes over the last two years, particularly in fine arts. Last year (2007-2008) had the highest retention rate in the school's history. We appreciated the balance of Christian foundation and challenging curriculum.

Posted July 7, 2008

My husband and I have two children at PCA one just finished kindergarten and the other 1st grade. We have been extremely pleased with both the quality of the education as well as the caring and nurturing of the teachers. We have been at Pantego for 2 years now and can't foresee any reason we would move them elsewhere.

Posted June 25, 2008

I was disappointed in PCA. My child attended PCA for several years. If you are not an athlete, you don't fit in. I feel teachers are hired based on merely being a christian rather than being a quality christian educator. My child began to suffer academically when he entered high school. I expressed my concern frequently, but no additional help wasoffered to him. I even offered to pay for additional tutoring. Teachers often berated the students and this was acceptable behavior. I regret sending my child to this school. I wish I would have forced him to go to another private school in the area.

Posted April 1, 2008

I graduated from Pantego. I went there for 12 years and never considered leaving. The teachers at Pantego are wonderful. The size of the school really promotes community. I knew all of the teachers and felt like they genuinely cared about me. The teachers have so much passion for their subjects. I loved getting involved in the athletic program at Pantego. I know at a public school I would have had to choose one sport, but at Pantego I was able to do everything. I think the new prinicpal is doing great things for the school!
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 12, 2008

My daughter is in Pre-K this year at Pantego. I have been very pleased with Mrs. Frazier. She is very nurturing to these little ones. She has made the transition from private sitter to classroom so smooth for my daughter. I love the family atmosphere at Pantego. It is my goal for both of my daughters to get their education at Pantego even though I teach at a public school. Pantego has so much more to offer. We love it!

Posted November 4, 2007

Our two children have graduated from PCA and both had a wonderful experience due to their longlasting friendships with both students and teachers. Because of PCA's high quality of education both were accepted into fine Christian colleges. The Fine Arts and Sports programs have grown so much in the past 10 years and provided hours of fun family time for us. We recommend our school to you!

Posted November 2, 2007

Pantego Christian Academy has an excellent academic program. Our family has been very happy there. We agree that they also have made great strides in their Fine Arts programs. The Secondary Principal, Dave Emler, is very approachable and bends over backwards to help students achieve their goals. He has the highest integrity. There is something for everyone at PCA. It is true that there is a huge emphasis on sports but that is because the teams have been so successful. Coach Hohulin, Coach McBroom and Coach Cushing are all very godly men. Don't mistake their strong leadership for a lack of leadership in our fine principal. They are a team and work together with our teachers and staff to make an excellent school. Come check us out!

Posted October 17, 2007

This school DOES NOT WORK WELL WITH GIFTED STUDENTS! If your child is of average intelligence, they will do great! The school is built for the masses, however, if your child is gifted, go elsewhere!

Posted March 25, 2007

Outstanding Christ-centered education! We have had our kids at PCA for 12 years now and feel that it is one of the best decisions we have ever made. Godly leadership in the administration, outstanding teachers and a great athletic program.

Posted February 20, 2007

My son has attended PCA for his pre-K year (September- March) so far. Mrs Frazier, his Pre-K teacher is amazing. She has made her self available in so many ways and is so fair to each of the children and loves these kids unconditionally. I have been impressed with my son's dedication to the school and his love for Christ. What this school has to offer is priceless. He comes home some days begging to attend full-time (he attends 3 days a week). He came home last week and asked to color pictures of Jesus and angels. Priceless. I have truly enjoyed our experience thus far. If I had to improve anything at PCA it would probably be the after-school program. I wished the activities were more structured and the children were grouped together in smaller groups with age appropriate activities. This school is awesome

Posted January 21, 2007

PCA is a great place for our children. It is not perfect, no place is until we get to heaven. We have been at PCA for 9 yrs. The leadership of this school is committed to Christ and the ultimate goal is to bring children to Christ. The quality of academics is very good. They evaluate each year and improve areas in order to maintain academic excellence. Sports is a very important part of PCA. It brings both students and parents together. PCA was weak at one time in fine arts, but not any more. Our fine arts department is excellent. Our parents are very involved, we have a prayer group, we have parents that help in the classroom and our parents are very involved in fundraising. PCA has so much to offer. Come and see how God works in the hearts and lives of these families.

Posted January 2, 2007

We are continually impressed with the curriculum, staff, and overall atmosphere of PCA. I have never experienced such a supportive and caring teacher/parent relation as it is here. The phonics curriculum is the best around, weekly chapels are very meaningful, and every special musical program has been a blessing to our family. Come see how God can bless your family too at PCA.

Asian or Pacific Islander 2% 4%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
College counselor(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
School social worker/counselors(s)
Special education coordinator
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Extra learning resources offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

• SAT/ACT prep classes
  • School-sponsored trips to college campuses
  • Summer college prep programs
  • National Honor Society

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Diane Bunker
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Block scheduling
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Religious
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Writing
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
  • Chinese (Mandarin)
  • Latin
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
Vocational or skills-based training offered
  • None

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Special education coordinator
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Performance stage

• Drama
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club
  • Cyberpatriot
  • Drill team
  • Drum line
  • Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
  • Foreign language and culture club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom