PK-1|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I am a licensed child psychologist and a licensed school psychologist, and have close to 30 years of experience working with children of all ages. I mention this merely to emphasize how pleased I was with Country Day School of Arlington (CDSA) during the time my daughter attended there, as both a parent and a professional who works with children and educators. Starting with the leadership provided by Ms. Joyce Hunt, whose genuine passion for her job was exhibited daily in her interactions with all the children at CDSA, the school and its staff consistently met or exceeded my expectations for providing a safe, supportive environment for all the children, many of whom came from diverse backgrounds, and with different experiences and abilities. During my daughter’s time at CDSA, I regularly saw many of the best practices I train school personnel on, already implemented as part of the school’s curriculum. Seeing how closely aligned the school’s culture and climate were with recommended best practices for both daycares and educational environments, immediately put me at ease when I enrolled my daughter at CDSA, and endeared me that much more strongly to the school. My daughter’s behavioral, emotional, and academic growth while at CDSA were simply remarkable. From her eagerly sharing with me what she was learning each week, to her exhibiting at home the standards of conduct taught at CDSA (be gentle, share, tell the truth, treat others with respect, etc.), seeing her blossom while she went there was an amazing experience. In addition, the many extra-curricular activities available at CDSA also allowed my daughter to explore her interests and develop new skills, making her time at the school a wonderful opportunity to further her intellectual, social and emotional development. In summary, as both a parent and a professional, I cannot recommend Country Day School of Arlington highly enough! I truly wish more schools were like CDSA, in terms of not just simply following best practices when it comes to the academic, social/behavioral and emotional support of children, but also embodying these expectations in the culture and climate of the school itself, starting with the staff exemplifying these values in their words and actions, and sustained through the love, attention and support they give to all the children in their care. I give CDSA an enthusiastic A+!

My two toddlers have attended CDSA for 2 years. I could not be more pleased! The staff is so warm and caring. And the education is top notch. I love this little Montessori school!

Ms Joyce Hunt is the director and she is wonderful. She reinvests in the teachers, invests in updated technology so we can see how our two children are doing at the end of the day, and in turn, the teachers are able to focus on the children. Our 1 and 3 year old are so well rounded, learned life skills, loves to learn and are excited to go to school. They are rarely ill as a result of small classrooms and attention to detail (disinfecting classrooms during cold seasons). I walked in one day as Ms Sue was teaching a child how to stand up for themselves and the other to apologize as one snatched a book from the others hands. The teachers not only love our children as their own, but also teach them as their own. Cleaning after themselves, learning to be respectful, focusing on a lesson, being role models to other classmates. It is a wonderful school filled with love and passion.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers here have worked wonders. My five year old had never been in any school setting or daycare and only knew a few letters and sounds. After less than a year, he is a FLUENT and AVID reader. His progress was just so unbelievable. I almost could not believe that he had only been in school a few months. The teachers are tremendously effective and so patient and loving.

The impact this school has made on our lives is indescribable. My five year old flourished like never before at CDSA and we are all very grateful. We are disappointed in having had to leave CDSA because of an unexpected change in our lives but we appreciate the firm foundation and the warm, caring environment that CDSA provided. This place is irreplaceable. It's a gem.

I am a busy attorney and protective first time mom of a 15 month old little boy. After developing some concerns over my son s previous daycare, I started researching other options. Within moments of our tour at Country Day, we knew it was the right place for us. We ve never regretted the decision to move and our expectations are continuously exceeded. My son is hearing impaired, so it was of paramount importance that his teachers be cognizant of his speech development and the extra attention he requires due to his hearing aids. As a parent of a child who has some extra needs, it s an unfortunate fear that some caregivers may perceive your child as a burden. This has never been the case at Country Day- he was warmly welcomed from day one. They are interested in his development, ask appropriate questions and welcome his speech therapist. Simply put, Country Day is in a different league. The facility is immaculate, the directors are professional and the teachers are refined and care for the children as their own. Not only am I confident that my son is safe and well looked after, I know that he is being enriched and a strong foundation is being set for his future.

Confident, respectful, and cheerful. CDSA students consistently exhibit those attributes when I see them at the school (when I am visiting my two children) or outside the school at parties or sports. From the first week my older child switched to this school from her old daycare, she showed change and improvement in her vocabulary and socialization. The curriculum is a great balance of group and individualized work. And most importantly, the teachers are very experienced, excellent learning facilitators, and so loving and caring. I can't say enough wonderful things about CDSA. My child will attend kindergarten there this year. The only drawback is that they do not offer all elementary grades! I am confident my children will be very well prepared for another school when the time comes to move them.

This is a wonderful school that allows the child to learn and love school. I have 2 children going here and they have learned so much. The teachers allow my child to learn at her pace, which happens to be fairly advanced for her age. Before, when she was in other curriculum-based daycare, she would have to wait until the other kids understand the same concept before the teacher would move onto another subject. Subsequently, she became bored and started to tune out the teacher and the activity. I am happy to say that ever since she came here to CDSA, she has been continually engaged and have learned many concepts. Most importantly, she is happy and loves going to school. My other child, who is a toddler, has also learned a lot. Ever since he enrolled, he has talked more and understand more. Also, a side note, a plus is the school also offers extracurricular activities (extra charge as they are independently sourced). My daughter takes ballet, piano, and karate...which she probably not would have if I have to pick her up and take her to each of these lessons.This is a wonderful school with caring teachers and staff.

CDSA is a gem in the heart of Arlington. There are very few place where you can get educational excellence, and nurturing, caring teachers for kids as young as 14 mos through first grade. I can't say enough good things about the principal of the school, Joyce Hunt-French. I've known her for 7 years , as long as my kids have been going to the school. She is an outstanding leader who is completely hands-on. You see Joyce everyday and she will call and email you to touch base several times a month. This school is worth every penny.

Country Day is an exceptional environment for nurturing and inspiring young learners. The pride that the staff takes in every aspect of interacting with the children is phenomenal. It is a place that i look forward to coming to daily. The majority of the staff have a 10year + tenure and authentically share - motivate- encourage each other to excellence in the classroom. They are open to sharing concerns and feel they will be embraced and considered - even if the end result it different than desired. A school where teachers take pride in their classrooms, come to work earlier than contracted to ensure their classroom has a "prepared environment" - sometimes as early as 6:30 a..m. is truly remarkable. The students have a "Love " for learning and it is such a vital foundational educational quality. Areas of improvement for our school seems to lie in marketing - as there should always be a waiting list with what is being offered and delivered daily with excellence. A place where I would personally be delighted to have my child in any classroom. Additionally, the respect for the diversity is high. Every child is not only educationally "safe" but "emotionally" safe!

Last modified Country Day School of Arlington is a Private school that serves grades PK-1