Arlington, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted July 22, 2014
I am a busy attorney and protective first time mom of a 15 month old little boy. After developing some concerns over my son s previous daycare, I started researching other options. Within moments of our tour at Country Day, we knew it was the right place for us. We ve never regretted the decision to move and our expectations are continuously exceeded. My son is hearing impaired, so it was of paramount importance that his teachers be cognizant of his speech development and the extra attention he requires due to his hearing aids. As a parent of a child who has some extra needs, it s an unfortunate fear that some caregivers may perceive your child as a burden. This has never been the case at Country Day- he was warmly welcomed from day one. They are interested in his development, ask appropriate questions and welcome his speech therapist. Simply put, Country Day is in a different league. The facility is immaculate, the directors are professional and the teachers are refined and care for the children as their own. Not only am I confident that my son is safe and well looked after, I know that he is being enriched and a strong foundation is being set for his future.

Posted May 09, 2014
Confident, respectful, and cheerful. CDSA students consistently exhibit those attributes when I see them at the school (when I am visiting my two children) or outside the school at parties or sports. From the first week my older child switched to this school from her old daycare, she showed change and improvement in her vocabulary and socialization. The curriculum is a great balance of group and individualized work. And most importantly, the teachers are very experienced, excellent learning facilitators, and so loving and caring. I can't say enough wonderful things about CDSA. My child will attend kindergarten there this year. The only drawback is that they do not offer all elementary grades! I am confident my children will be very well prepared for another school when the time comes to move them.

Posted February 26, 2014
This is a wonderful school that allows the child to learn and love school. I have 2 children going here and they have learned so much. The teachers allow my child to learn at her pace, which happens to be fairly advanced for her age. Before, when she was in other curriculum-based daycare, she would have to wait until the other kids understand the same concept before the teacher would move onto another subject. Subsequently, she became bored and started to tune out the teacher and the activity. I am happy to say that ever since she came here to CDSA, she has been continually engaged and have learned many concepts. Most importantly, she is happy and loves going to school. My other child, who is a toddler, has also learned a lot. Ever since he enrolled, he has talked more and understand more. Also, a side note, a plus is the school also offers extracurricular activities (extra charge as they are independently sourced). My daughter takes ballet, piano, and karate...which she probably not would have if I have to pick her up and take her to each of these lessons.This is a wonderful school with caring teachers and staff.

Posted October 17, 2013
CDSA is a gem in the heart of Arlington. There are very few place where you can get educational excellence, and nurturing, caring teachers for kids as young as 14 mos through first grade. I can't say enough good things about the principal of the school, Joyce Hunt-French. I've known her for 7 years , as long as my kids have been going to the school. She is an outstanding leader who is completely hands-on. You see Joyce everyday and she will call and email you to touch base several times a month. This school is worth every penny.

Posted October 17, 2013
Country Day is an exceptional environment for nurturing and inspiring young learners. The pride that the staff takes in every aspect of interacting with the children is phenomenal. It is a place that i look forward to coming to daily. The majority of the staff have a 10year + tenure and authentically share - motivate- encourage each other to excellence in the classroom. They are open to sharing concerns and feel they will be embraced and considered - even if the end result it different than desired. A school where teachers take pride in their classrooms, come to work earlier than contracted to ensure their classroom has a "prepared environment" - sometimes as early as 6:30 a..m. is truly remarkable. The students have a "Love " for learning and it is such a vital foundational educational quality. Areas of improvement for our school seems to lie in marketing - as there should always be a waiting list with what is being offered and delivered daily with excellence. A place where I would personally be delighted to have my child in any classroom. Additionally, the respect for the diversity is high. Every child is not only educationally "safe" but "emotionally" safe!

Posted April 29, 2012
My daughter attended this school for 1 &1/2 and I moved her to a more religious based school. Nothing against religion, but what a mistake!! She seemed to have regressed academically and I'm now realizing what a mistake it was to take her out of CDSA. The student teacher/parent interaction was SUPERB at CDSA, and progress reports were many. We were always kept aware of how our child was doing, and given suggestive methods of improvement. I REGRET LEAVING CDSA, but luckily the damage is not irreparable. ( One semester was all I could tolerate at her present school) She will be going to Kindergarten at another Catholic Private school in Dallas in the Fall. Were it not for my present employment situation, she's be returning to CDSA.

Posted August 16, 2011
We love this school! Our first child attended a different private montessori school in fort worth, this one is comparably priced (not cheap), but SO much better. Classroom space is not great (a bit cramped), but the outdoor facilities are top notch & the teachers are incredible! It is run as a cohesive community & offers some extracurriculars as well (which is great for such a small school). I cannot say enough good things about the lead teachers, they really are amazing (professional, strict when needed but never demeaning, well trained in montessori). Even with a 30 min. drive, we will continue to send our children here as long as possible!

Posted January 05, 2011
Country Day School of Arlington Montessori program is an excellent school with an extremely dedicated principal and an equally as dedicated teaching staff. We chose this school because of its rigorous curriculum, its rich diversity and because of its low/no turnover in teachers. The Music teacher and Stretch and Grow classes are wonderful. Spanish is offered. It is a small school where everyone knows everyone. And there seems to be a great mix of various income levels at the school. But, everyone appears to be treated equally! Cons: Expensive! High tuition with lunch/before after school care as an additional fee. Extended Day staff has a moderate turnover, seems to be lacking a little in computer/technology courses. And they could have more extracurricular choices. Over all a WONDERFUL school and I would highly recommend. We have found each teacher to be loving and caring but a disciplinarian when needed. My child has settled in well and looks forward to going to school.

Posted January 13, 2009
This is a great school. They really keep the parents informed and the students on track. My son moved here from a private prep type school and did so much better here and learned so much more.

Country Day School of Arlington 0

Posted March 04, 2008
This 50-year old Monterssori school is now soley for 16 mth olds to Kindergarteners. It has established roots, great diversity and very dedicated, qualified teachers. It fosters independence of the child and creates a love for learning with lots of hands-on exploration with colorful teaching tools in a carefully laid out classroom. The other portion of the once 18 acre school is now known as Summit International Preparatory for K - 9th graders to become a IBO World school (www.ibo.org).

Country Day School of Arlington
1105 W. Randol Mill Rd., Arlington, TX  76012
Last modified Country Day School of Arlington is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Country Day School of Arlington Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top