PK-1|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted July 25, 2016
My two toddlers have attended CDSA for 2 years. I could not be more pleased! The staff is so warm and caring. And the education is top notch. I love this little Montessori school!

Posted May 10, 2016
Ms Joyce Hunt is the director and she is wonderful. She reinvests in the teachers, invests in updated technology so we can see how our two children are doing at the end of the day, and in turn, the teachers are able to focus on the children. Our 1 and 3 year old are so well rounded, learned life skills, loves to learn and are excited to go to school. They are rarely ill as a result of small classrooms and attention to detail (disinfecting classrooms during cold seasons). I walked in one day as Ms Sue was teaching a child how to stand up for themselves and the other to apologize as one snatched a book from the others hands. The teachers not only love our children as their own, but also teach them as their own. Cleaning after themselves, learning to be respectful, focusing on a lesson, being role models to other classmates. It is a wonderful school filled with love and passion.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 21, 2015
The teachers here have worked wonders. My five year old had never been in any school setting or daycare and only knew a few letters and sounds. After less than a year, he is a FLUENT and AVID reader. His progress was just so unbelievable. I almost could not believe that he had only been in school a few months. The teachers are tremendously effective and so patient and loving.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 21, 2015
The educators lead the way with the respectful way in which they treat their students. They acknowledge the deep potential in each student and they work to realize that potential with the utmost patience.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 21, 2015
The students are from many diverse backgrounds and this school actively promotes understanding, compassion, cooperation, and love.

Posted July 21, 2015
The impact this school has made on our lives is indescribable. My five year old flourished like never before at CDSA and we are all very grateful. We are disappointed in having had to leave CDSA because of an unexpected change in our lives but we appreciate the firm foundation and the warm, caring environment that CDSA provided. This place is irreplaceable. It's a gem.

Posted July 22, 2014
I am a busy attorney and protective first time mom of a 15 month old little boy. After developing some concerns over my son s previous daycare, I started researching other options. Within moments of our tour at Country Day, we knew it was the right place for us. We ve never regretted the decision to move and our expectations are continuously exceeded. My son is hearing impaired, so it was of paramount importance that his teachers be cognizant of his speech development and the extra attention he requires due to his hearing aids. As a parent of a child who has some extra needs, it s an unfortunate fear that some caregivers may perceive your child as a burden. This has never been the case at Country Day- he was warmly welcomed from day one. They are interested in his development, ask appropriate questions and welcome his speech therapist. Simply put, Country Day is in a different league. The facility is immaculate, the directors are professional and the teachers are refined and care for the children as their own. Not only am I confident that my son is safe and well looked after, I know that he is being enriched and a strong foundation is being set for his future.

Posted May 09, 2014
Confident, respectful, and cheerful. CDSA students consistently exhibit those attributes when I see them at the school (when I am visiting my two children) or outside the school at parties or sports. From the first week my older child switched to this school from her old daycare, she showed change and improvement in her vocabulary and socialization. The curriculum is a great balance of group and individualized work. And most importantly, the teachers are very experienced, excellent learning facilitators, and so loving and caring. I can't say enough wonderful things about CDSA. My child will attend kindergarten there this year. The only drawback is that they do not offer all elementary grades! I am confident my children will be very well prepared for another school when the time comes to move them.

Posted February 26, 2014
This is a wonderful school that allows the child to learn and love school. I have 2 children going here and they have learned so much. The teachers allow my child to learn at her pace, which happens to be fairly advanced for her age. Before, when she was in other curriculum-based daycare, she would have to wait until the other kids understand the same concept before the teacher would move onto another subject. Subsequently, she became bored and started to tune out the teacher and the activity. I am happy to say that ever since she came here to CDSA, she has been continually engaged and have learned many concepts. Most importantly, she is happy and loves going to school. My other child, who is a toddler, has also learned a lot. Ever since he enrolled, he has talked more and understand more. Also, a side note, a plus is the school also offers extracurricular activities (extra charge as they are independently sourced). My daughter takes ballet, piano, and karate...which she probably not would have if I have to pick her up and take her to each of these lessons.This is a wonderful school with caring teachers and staff.

Posted October 17, 2013
CDSA is a gem in the heart of Arlington. There are very few place where you can get educational excellence, and nurturing, caring teachers for kids as young as 14 mos through first grade. I can't say enough good things about the principal of the school, Joyce Hunt-French. I've known her for 7 years , as long as my kids have been going to the school. She is an outstanding leader who is completely hands-on. You see Joyce everyday and she will call and email you to touch base several times a month. This school is worth every penny.

1105 W. Randol Mill Rd., Arlington, TX  76012
Last modified Country Day School of Arlington is a Private school that serves grades PK-1