Holy Rosary Catholic School

Private | PK-8 | 450 students

Living in Arlington

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $121,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $970.

Sweep tile

Posted July 4, 2013

Wow just can't believe that last comment. My girls have been going there for seven years total now and simply love the environment and the teachers. Of course there are disagreements among students but bullying? I am i involved parent and have never seen it..i say to that last person..good luck in public middle school..

Posted May 14, 2013

My Child currently attends St. Joseph Catholic School and I have been very disappointed in the lack of supervision in the classroom and the bullying by MANY of the students. The Principal shows lack of leadership skills and does not communicate well with parents. It was a BIG disappointment to send our child to this school and was not worth the money we spent.

Posted May 26, 2012

I recently graduated Holy Rosary after attending this school since Pre-K. These 10 beautiful years have taught me something new everyday. I am so thankful I was given the opportunity to study at HRCS because the strong moral code and religious values everyone possessed kept me focused on school and out of trouble. With all of the negative ideas floating around in public schools, HRCS was a safe haven from that. The academic environment is friendly yet challenging, and the teachers instill good study habits in every student. In addition to the academics, I am comfortable enough to say HRCS is my second home. I feel completely safe there. All the teachers are like family - they greet you by name in the hallways, love listening to stories and continue their support for you even as you get new teachers. The families in this school are impeccable. They are so active in the school to the point where you will know families with kids in kindergarden even if your child is in 8th grade. I honestly cannot express how much knowledge HRCS has given me throughout the years. I hope your child will have as much of a great time I had during my years there.

Posted September 27, 2011

This is our second year at Holy Rosary (parish school of St. Joseph s Parish) and we are pleased. We leave drop-off with a big smile knowing the care our child receives here from the teachers and faculty. The Faculty lines the parking lot to greet the children on the way in and I believe they are the greatest asset to the success of the students. The parental involvement and inclusion of religion are why we have enrolled our first child with plans for the younger siblings. I wish I had this much parental involvement when I was in school. I don not see a problem with home life and school life feeling like 2 separate worlds. The curriculum seems to start at a pace to capture each child but yet accelerate when a child shows the ability to handle more. Based on my observation, the environment is relatively structured for the children compared to a Montessori school our child attended prior. Holy Rosary turned out to be a better environment for our particular child. The diversity of students at the school is an additional benefit that we sought in our decision of schools. We look forward to all our children graduating from Holy Rosary.

Posted April 23, 2011

We love this school! Our daughter is just finishing Kindergarten, and she has grown and learned so much. The teachers are awesome - they rotate different leadership positions every week, giving them the opportunity to gain confidence and independence, and it shows. The 5th graders are assigned to the K classes as mass buddies or reading buddies, so they are gaining valuable experience at that level, too. parental involvement is expected and important, but at a reasonable level. We have smack-dab middle class and have not found income level to make a difference in treatment of us or our daughter. We are very happy with our decision.

Posted August 1, 2009

I am a student at Holy Rosary, and I enjoy the school very much. Holy Rosary teaches you to be independent, caring, and kind, and the teachers are friendly, but firm. You can tell that this school cares alot about your saftey. It is in a safe and prayful learning environment.
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 22, 2009

If you are wealthy this is the school for you. Having had 3 family members attend this school, if your parent is a big contributor or you are the child of a staff member you can do no wrong. Other children are left to fend for themselves

Posted January 15, 2009

The Pre-K program at this school is not for the working parent. It is hard for a child to adjust two/three days here and the other time spent at daycare. It is another Mommy's Day-Out program. Be prepared to jump through many hoops.

Posted May 3, 2007

Having had the two children go through this magnificent facility, I have to applaud it on so many levels. The teachers are professional, knowledgeable and they teach to the advanced learner yet nurturing and accomplishing wonderful curricular mastery to the middle to lower end students. They sincerely care about the children as a person. All families are treated with respect and encouraged to participate extensively with the spiritual/academic/physical growth of the school. In times of sorrow, the entire Holy Rosary family extends their emotional and spiritual support to the family in need. Manners are a big priority as well as embracing all ethnicity and cultures. It is rich in its diversity. No school stacks up to this one in my opinion! Perfect choice for any parent who is genuinely interested in the total growth of their children. Two thumbs up!

Posted February 17, 2006

We have been very pleased with Holy Rosary! Our son is in Pre-k there and he has enjoyed it a lot. This school has not only tought him acedemically, but socially! His manners and caring towards others is just great. This school has proven to be outstanding.

Posted July 15, 2005

This school strives on excellence and has a strong curriculum. I have a son who attends and it is a safe and prayerful learning environment.

Posted April 1, 2005

This is an awesome school! We are very pleased with the academic education our son is receiving. He absolutely loves the 5th grade-his teachers are firm but fair! It's the best education he's received thus far-he's always attended private schooling and we definetly feel like it's worth the money!

Posted February 18, 2005

Awesome school! My 5th grader loves it here. Both 5th grade teachers are wonderful and disciplined. He had improved in all subjects and has a 98 or above in most subjects. Lots of science activities on a daily basis. Everyday he says, 'mom I love my school'. For me it's worth every penny. You get your money's worth and then some! It's so hard finding quality education even in private schools. Good luck! I thank God we have found this school.

Posted March 16, 2004

Now called Holy Rosary, my daughter has been there since the doors opened in 1995 at age 4. We have seen many changes over the last 9 yrs. but for the most part they have all been Good! The school is like an extended family and they are always there for you when times are tough. As a parent I love it! Next year my daughter will be in the 8th grade and will graduate, I am already sad that we will have to leave. If you are looking for a small extended family school, Holy Rosary is the best I know.

Asian 22% N/A
Two or more races 2% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (817) 419-7080

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Ft. Worth