No rating

Childrens University

Private | PK-6 | 444 students

Living in Arlington

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $121,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $970.

Posted January 24, 2014

I don't see any improvement on my son behavior . and also the class is so boring for kindergarten which make them not focusing for what the teacher say

Posted October 1, 2013

CU puts the fun in learning! I have 2 sons that have attended CU for several years. They teach a grade ahead with high academic challenges. They have a very low turnover in teachers leaving which tells me they like where they work! We've have been very pleased with both our sons being excellent readers, excellent in math and science and over all well rounded. We highly recommend the school!

Posted August 27, 2013

This is my son's second year at CU and we absolutely love it. From an academic level they are excellent. His teacher really took the time to help him with the extra work that I requested for him to take home.

Posted August 21, 2013

CU is an AMAZING School - ahead of other private schools in curriculum, and so personable with the parents and families. My son was barely talking when we enrolled him at 2, before entering Kindergarten he can read, write his own name from memory, and is so far ahead of a friends child who goes to another private school in the area. Worth every dime we pay to give my child the headstart to love learning!

Posted July 22, 2013

My daughter has attended CU since kindergarten and my other daughter has started preschool. We LOVE CU! They are getting a terrific education in a nurturing and supportive environment.

Posted July 10, 2013

My son loves CU. He has attended CU since Pre-K. Overall CU is a good school with a lot of fun. Small class size allows teacher to give each kid personal attention. My son skipped a grade in January and took ITBS in May as a second grader. His core score is in 97% percentile. That speaks for the school academically at least through second grade.

Posted March 21, 2013

My Grandson is in kindergarten at CU and what he has learned in the past two years is amazing! I enjoy participating in school activities with him.

Posted March 30, 2012

I am a former CU Student who now attends Oakridge. Whoever wrote below, I sincerely hope you are pretending to be in the upper grades, because you should know to capitalize proper nouns & your subject-verb agreement should be correct. You could not have made all A's with that grammar. Anyway, I attended CU for over 7 years. My experiences & my education were simply outstanding. At CU, I was given the chance to explore and learn from games, experiments, trial & error, and yes, textbooks, too. The teachers really care about you and want you to succeed. They want you to have fun learning, but they certainly have high expectations, too. I was prepared for Oakridge and other opportunities I have had in life as well. If you want your child to have a great start in their education, take a look at CU!

Posted January 25, 2012

Cu is not an academic nor influential school these days. I had gone there from 1 grade - 6 and it was a fun school unitl 7 grade. Since cu stops at seventh grade, I went to Oakridge( private school). When I entered 7 th grade, I was not ready nor my fellow classmates from cu. cu had not prepared me at all for a more academic level like oakridge. I had straight a's at cu and it was not helpful at all, cu is rather like a daycare than a private school. Your child would be better off at a public school and I regret for my parents sending me there. My litter sister is in 6th grade and all they do is play and have fun and the school shows no effort in preparing them for a new school. She also wants to go to oakridge but it will be very hard for her because cu has not taught her anything. If you want your child to have a correct education, rather than playing and not studying at all, send them to a public school or Oakridge.

Posted August 7, 2009

Our daughter has attended CU for 2 years now and absolutely loves it. We love it too. She's excited about her teachers and loves to tell all our family and friends about her school. They've got a great library program, a wonderful music instructor, and she's excited about what's she's learning. She also attends CU's Summer Camp program and it's totally worth the value. Her days are filled with laughter and fun and she's surrounded by encouraging adults who genuinely enjoy being at work. It's a great environment and we'll continue to part of the CU family for several more years to come!

Posted March 6, 2009

My children have been at CU for 2 years now. We love it. The teachers are wonderful and caring. The activities avalible for the students are 'top-notch'. There are things like Nature school, where the children participate in taking care of goats, chickens, rabbits and even a llama! The area is set up like a 'farm' and the students 'help' to care for these and other animals. They have an amazing tree house, playground, and an outdoor theater! There are many, many more wonderful things to see at this truly one-of-a-kind school.

Posted November 22, 2008

I attended this school for seven years and i couldn't be luckier. I had amazing teachers, a nice place to go to school in, and awesome friends. If i had to rate this from a 1 to a 10 i would most definetly choose a 10.

Posted October 20, 2008

I can't say enough about this amazing and unique school! My son attended CU from third through sixth grade, and it was an incredible experience for him. CU has such a positive, nurturing environment, and a hands-on style, with gifted and talented curriculum, that shows kids that learning is fun...and the students are most definitely learning as you can see from their fantastic standardized test scores! In addition to the core academic subjects, my son learned so much about computers, technology, business, broadcasting, journalism, art, and even animal husbandry! Speakers come to talk to the students about business, and the upper elementary grades create their own businesses step by step and have a Business Expo! The inside of the school is a kid's dream come true- like a combination of a castle and a museum, with the children's artwork and other projects throughout. I highly recommend taking a tour! -Meredith D.

Posted July 30, 2008

My children have been attending CU since preschool and I couldn't be happier six years later at their academic outcome.

Posted March 14, 2008

My kids both attend school here, and I could not be more pleased. This school incorporates strong academics with a wonderful learning environment. The kids have special days including: World Gratitude Day, Inauguration Day for Student Goverment, Polar Express, and many more. The emphasis is on the child at this campus. The playground area is a dream with a log cabin, teepee, and who can compare to the barnyard complete with goats, a llama, bunnies, chickens, and other animal friends. Electives offer 3-6 graders opportunities to learn about cooking, photography, animal husbandry, and other areas! The teachers really care about the student, and the administration is hands-on, dressing up for special days. Don't be surprised to see the principal dressed as Cinderella or Minnie Mouse on special occasions!! I highly recommend this school!

Posted August 7, 2007

My experience at CU has as well been the excellence that everyone else has spoken of. In addition to all of those great things CU has given me peace of mind as a working parent that my child was well cared for after school and never bored during the summer camp. We started at CU in Pre K and have now been there 7 years. It is a regular occurrence that you see children crying because they have to leave and go home at the end of the day.

Posted July 25, 2007

Children's University is an excellent school for children from 2 years old through 6th grade. The school is unlike most schools. The teachers and administration both provide a fun learning environment. The best part is that much of this is through hands-on experience. Also, the school provides many opportunities for after school activities. These activities enhance the learning that starts in the classroom, from chess club to cheerleading. The focus is always on encouraging the children to be the best that they can be through these extra-curricular activities and the various outside speakers/guests. Also, the business class/speakers have provided invaluable life lessons to our children. Take a tour and you will be sold!

Posted April 24, 2006

Very good programs. Feels like a college.

Posted April 14, 2006

The academics at this school are amazing. The level of learning is hard to match. Kids learn in a fun and challenging environment. If you have a child that is bright, this is the place to challenge them!

Posted November 5, 2005

Children's University is one of the best private schools in Arlington. The academic programs are exceptional and the teachers are great. One would think that it is a lot for a child to retain, however my son has been there since he was three & tested in the 1% percentile amongst 1st kindergarten Nationwide. The kindergarten teach Mrs. Johnson is one of those teachers that you wish would move along with the children. She truly enjoys what she does & it shows by the results of her class. The kindergarten class is a must before your child enters public school. The schools is beautiful & there is tons of activities, but that is not the only strength. The teachers and curriculm makes up the school.

Asian or Pacific Islander 10% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab