Posted August 11, 2014
We are about to start our 3rd year at TMA and my husband and I couldn't be happier with the results we have seen with our daughter. At 3 years old she is only a few items away from meeting the requirements that out local elementary school has for incoming kindergartens. Also, all lead teachers in the classroom are certified AMS Montessori teachers and their accreditation are posted on the wall in the main hallway when you enter the school. Our three year old is also very active and not docile by any means and the staff has handled her wonderfully over the last two years.

Posted April 19, 2014
If you do not have a well-behaved, typical child, this school is not for you. I was excited at the possibility of sending my child here. However, after revealing that he has a learning disability to the school, the school made me jump through hoops just to be able to go through their required 3 day evaluation period. I had to go to multiple meetings, an observational meeting, and a pre-evaluation meeting just to be able to do the 3 day eval. period. Finally, the pre-evaluation day came, but the teachers made him so uncomfortable that he did not want to do the evaluation. The teachers made no effort to break the ice or make him less nervous even though I told them that he is an easily anxious child. I was not allowed in the room, so the small glimpse that I saw was that they just asked him to do some do some math. There was little to no effort on their part to try and evaluate him, at least the small part that I saw. I should have known that they weren't going to give my son a fair consideration since they didn't even ask for the the registration fee. Sadly, after he refused to complete the pre-evaluation I had to withdraw his application.

Posted April 01, 2014
The Montessori Academy- If you want an easy way to throw away $10,000/year then I recommend this school. We had to withdraw our student after 3 years being in the same class (this is the norm at this school: each student remains 3yrs. in each grade level/classroom) and barely learning. We've taught our child to read now, in 3months! and at home. We're looking into other schools.

Posted February 20, 2014
The review below is incorrect. The school is fully accredited by the American Montessori Society. This fact can be verified. The teachers are trained and certified in Montessori methods, and the materials are great. My child has attended the school for two years, starting as a toddler and moving to the early childhood classroom. Teachers are caring, and most have been at the school in some capacity for many years. The school is also very welcoming and diverse.

Posted February 09, 2014
If you do not have a docile child, this will not be a good choice for your family. The school requires you pay and enrollment fee and one months tuition just to evaluate your child. Even if they evaluate your child for only one day, you will not receive any of the tuition back. And none of the teachers are trained in montessori. The head of school and the director are trained in montessori, but none of the other teaches practice true montessori. The school is very pretentious, and if you want your child to play with a bunch of old toys and come home sick everyday, then this is the place you should take them.

Posted April 26, 2013
Our son has been attending TMA for the last 3 years and he has become a great communicator, respectful of others, and eager to learn. The multi-level classroom in preschool allowed him to learn from his peers & teach others as well. The teachers have been warm, caring and great facilitators. Whenever I have had issues, It is quickly resolved or clarified by the teachers. I love the strong focus on student's character & the fact that it fosters independence and a love for learning. GREAT SCHOOL !

The Montessori Academy 4

Posted April 24, 2013
What I love about TMA is the independence they develop in the children. At TMA your child gets more than just academics, he or she learns how to take care of their environment and conflict resolution. If you are looking for a school to help develop your future leader, TMA is a great school to consider. I enrolled my daughter at age 2 1/2 and now at age 4 she has matured wonderfully to become a respectful contributor to our home already.

Posted April 23, 2013
my daghterhas attended TMA for two years now and it has been wondeful to see her grow and mature. I love the focus the school puts on a child's independance and becoming a well-rounded caring person. The Motessori teaching model is wonderful and I only wish I could've gone here when I was in school. The children are learning to become leaders and care for themselves, others, and their environment. We have met so many wonderful families through TMA, it really does feel like an extended family to us.

Posted February 27, 2012
Our experience at TMA has been great. Our kids are developing as self-driven, confident and compassionate individuals. They enjoy every day at school. Yes, the tuition is quite high. But you get what you pay for. If you can afford tuition and you are willing to be open minded for this non-traditional system, I fully recommend the investment.

The Montessori Academy 3

Posted January 05, 2012
After 1 year in the toddler program and 1 year in the preschool program our daughter was not asked to return. While she was in the toddler program, the principle advised us to send her to a play therapist because she did not listen to the teacher ALL the time and did not respond to "redirection". The school referred their own play therapist who was very expensive and was not covered on our insurance. My husband and I took off work on numerous occasions throughout both years to observe her behavior which did not appear any different from the other children in her class. My daughters pediatrician thought that all of this was ludicrous and said that my daughters behaviors were normal for a 2/3 year old. Also, after talking to numerous other parents at the school, we learned that our child was not the only one that the school referred to see a play therapists. There were many others. We did, however, take her to see a play therapist, one that we chose that was covered under our insurance and also had ECI come and observe her and they both agreed that her behaviors were normal. I second the other reviewer's Pollyanna comment. We do still think that Montessori curric is great.

The Montessori Academy
3428 W Arkansas Ln, Arlington, TX  76016
Last modified The Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
The Montessori Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top