Arlington, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted December 10, 2014
I tried to get into this school but after hearing that my son has a learning disability, the school administrators made me jump through hoops just to qualify. I had to go to 3 separate meetings where my son's disabilities were discussed and and an interview with my son where I could not be in the room. 15 minutes later, they came to get me and my son was suddenly anxious and did not want to talk to them. It was obvious they did not want to give the extra effort my son needs. I have enrolled him in a different Montessori school nearby and he is doing well and loving the school. Oh, and the teacher at the new school where my son is at says he does not need much of her extra time.

Posted November 28, 2014
My 3 grandchildren attend TMA, one has special needs. The youngest entered at 23 months old, she was extremely shy and fearful of new surroundings and new people. This is her 2nd year and she has blossomed into an outgoing and confident 3-year old. The 4 year old has Down Syndrome and the teachers have nurtured him so that he is on level with other children in his class. His therapists visit the school for his sessions and are impressed with the quality of educational and social experiences provided by his loving and caring teachers. This is his 3rd year at TMA. The school is lie a family; every one knows everyone by name. The 8 year old cant wait to go to school every morning. The Montessori Academy is an excellent school providing top quality education.

Posted August 11, 2014
We are about to start our 3rd year at TMA and my husband and I couldn't be happier with the results we have seen with our daughter. At 3 years old she is only a few items away from meeting the requirements that out local elementary school has for incoming kindergartens. Also, all lead teachers in the classroom are certified AMS Montessori teachers and their accreditation are posted on the wall in the main hallway when you enter the school. Our three year old is also very active and not docile by any means and the staff has handled her wonderfully over the last two years.

Posted April 19, 2014
If you do not have a well-behaved, typical child, this school is not for you. I was excited at the possibility of sending my child here. However, after revealing that he has a learning disability to the school, the school made me jump through hoops just to be able to go through their required 3 day evaluation period. I had to go to multiple meetings, an observational meeting, and a pre-evaluation meeting just to be able to do the 3 day eval. period. Finally, the pre-evaluation day came, but the teachers made him so uncomfortable that he did not want to do the evaluation. The teachers made no effort to break the ice or make him less nervous even though I told them that he is an easily anxious child. I was not allowed in the room, so the small glimpse that I saw was that they just asked him to do some do some math. There was little to no effort on their part to try and evaluate him, at least the small part that I saw. I should have known that they weren't going to give my son a fair consideration since they didn't even ask for the the registration fee. Sadly, after he refused to complete the pre-evaluation I had to withdraw his application.

Posted April 01, 2014
The Montessori Academy- If you want an easy way to throw away $10,000/year then I recommend this school. We had to withdraw our student after 3 years being in the same class (this is the norm at this school: each student remains 3yrs. in each grade level/classroom) and barely learning. We've taught our child to read now, in 3months! and at home. We're looking into other schools.

Posted February 20, 2014
The review below is incorrect. The school is fully accredited by the American Montessori Society. This fact can be verified. The teachers are trained and certified in Montessori methods, and the materials are great. My child has attended the school for two years, starting as a toddler and moving to the early childhood classroom. Teachers are caring, and most have been at the school in some capacity for many years. The school is also very welcoming and diverse.

Posted February 09, 2014
If you do not have a docile child, this will not be a good choice for your family. The school requires you pay and enrollment fee and one months tuition just to evaluate your child. Even if they evaluate your child for only one day, you will not receive any of the tuition back. And none of the teachers are trained in montessori. The head of school and the director are trained in montessori, but none of the other teaches practice true montessori. The school is very pretentious, and if you want your child to play with a bunch of old toys and come home sick everyday, then this is the place you should take them.

Posted April 26, 2013
Our son has been attending TMA for the last 3 years and he has become a great communicator, respectful of others, and eager to learn. The multi-level classroom in preschool allowed him to learn from his peers & teach others as well. The teachers have been warm, caring and great facilitators. Whenever I have had issues, It is quickly resolved or clarified by the teachers. I love the strong focus on student's character & the fact that it fosters independence and a love for learning. GREAT SCHOOL !

The Montessori Academy 4

Posted April 24, 2013
What I love about TMA is the independence they develop in the children. At TMA your child gets more than just academics, he or she learns how to take care of their environment and conflict resolution. If you are looking for a school to help develop your future leader, TMA is a great school to consider. I enrolled my daughter at age 2 1/2 and now at age 4 she has matured wonderfully to become a respectful contributor to our home already.

Posted April 23, 2013
my daghterhas attended TMA for two years now and it has been wondeful to see her grow and mature. I love the focus the school puts on a child's independance and becoming a well-rounded caring person. The Motessori teaching model is wonderful and I only wish I could've gone here when I was in school. The children are learning to become leaders and care for themselves, others, and their environment. We have met so many wonderful families through TMA, it really does feel like an extended family to us.

The Montessori Academy
3428 W Arkansas Ln, Arlington, TX  76016
Last modified The Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
The Montessori Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top