Grace Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 172 students

We are best known for small student-to-teacher ratio.

Living in Arlington

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $77,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $780.

Sweep tile

Posted April 10, 2014

Grace Lutheran has been an absolute blessing to my child's life and education. It is a place where true learning takes place through multi-disciplinary methods of teaching. The students do projects, experiments, go on field trips... I just watched my son perform in a play as a culmination of a academic unit. As you walk in the building, you can feel the love for teaching from the teachers and the excitement for learning from the kids. Love for our Christ and Savior is demonstrated through the respect that the teachers have for the students and parents. It is also shown in the kindness that the students have for each other. Grace Lutheran is an excellent education in the heart of Arlington that has a heart for the children of Arlington.

Posted March 18, 2014

Grace Lutheran is a great school. My children attended pre-school and kindergarten, which were fantastic programs but due to financial hardship, I enrolled them in a charter school last year. Although it was an okay time for them, as children are more resilient, it was the longest year of my life! I brought them back to GLS and it literally felt like we were all home again. Teachers and staff are totally engaged and I cannot say enough about the love, patience and most of all, the top notch education at this school.

Posted March 6, 2014

Love Grace Lutheran. Small class sizes and big expectations are a perfect fit for our children.

Posted March 5, 2014

I love that the class are small and my child gets individual attention that they need! The teachers and staff are loving and caring to the children and parents.

Posted October 23, 2013

My child is happy and excited to go to school every day, a real change, believe me, from public school. Grace is providing a quality, affordable christian education and I highly recommend the school.

Posted July 26, 2013

My son and I toured several schools, they all seemed to be great. He and I discussed the ones he liked . He said : the one with the trees ( atrium ), he said : it made me feel happy. Miss Michelle, and Mrs. Ott gave us our tour, and I know he felt their kindness. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the love, care, and patience the entire staff has for, not just my child, but ALL the children. Thank you for helping him to excel in his educaton, raise his self esteem, and letting him know he belongs. Blessing him him to know, and grow with our lord and Savior! And Mrs. Taylor, I can't wait for the school plays this year! ! I am thankful for every staff member at GSL! I can never thank you enough ! We were truly blessed to find this school

Posted May 31, 2013

I LOVE this school! The teachers really love the kids and it truly is a family atmosphere. My daughter has been here since she was four years old and has gone all the way through 8th grade here. There are so many ways a child should grow and Grace Lutheran really embraces the child to help them acheive more than just academics. The kids are so confident in their individual skills by the time they go to high school. What a blessing this school has been!

Posted April 18, 2013

This school loves KIDS!They are one big family! Your child's self esteem will grow along with his academics!

Posted December 12, 2012

My son has attended Grace Lutheran School for a year and a half now (K-1st) and he has flourished. The teachers are extremely well-prepared and nurture the students individually as well as aptly coordinating an entire class. The school has implemented an accelerated math program in which the students are working up at least one grade level in math (more if the student is interested and capable). They also mix in plenty of field trips which makes the school year much more exciting for the students (and parents who go along). Every year Grace Lutheran School offers an unique academic called "Destination Imagination" in which K-8 grade can opt to participate, it is a wonderful program and Grace excels at this, with teams medalling at the regional competition in the last five years. My son, who is an extremely energetic and inquisitive child loves to go to school and often begs to stay in after school care. While he would no doubt struggle in a public school with large class sizes, he excels in the small, Christian-oriented classrooms. The tuition is affordable (for private school) as well. I highly recommend this school.

Posted February 25, 2010

My child has learned more at Glee in the last 8 months than she ever did at any other 'day care' setting. Plus she gets to learn the value of God's love!

Posted January 6, 2010

All I can say is what a blessing this school is to each child that enters the doors. They educate and love each child. Thank you Grace.

Posted January 5, 2010

I just had to respond to a negative comment on here. My family went through a horrible life changing situation and the Grace staff and faculty stepped up and got my family through not only spiritually, but even financially. Grace not only educates my children to their fullest potential, but also loves them as if they were their own. I can never say more about the love I have found for myself and my children. Thank you Grace!!

Posted December 4, 2009

The staff is entirely corrupt and money hungry, making decisions solely on the matter of gain or loss. Don't send your kids to a school that teaches one thing and lives another.

Posted December 3, 2009

Our 2 children have attended Grace since before Kindergarten - over 5 years now, and they are both excelling not only academically, but also spiritually. Teaching and life lessons occur not only in the classroom, but at lunchtime, on the playground etc. How to treat others and respect for others are woven in the very fabric of the school. My children have so many opportunities at this school to learn and grow...band, sports, art, theater, academic and creative problem solving competitions. It's a great school with a great staff.

Posted August 12, 2009

My son had previously attended a different daycare and we were absolutely dissatisfied with his treatment there. When he came to Grace, it didn't take him long to get used to being left there, and a lot of that had to do with the Director, Mrs. Ott. The teachers there are wonderful and give each child individual attention. I'm very glad that we found this school and that it has been a very positive experience for my son.

Posted May 13, 2009

Grace has been such a huge part of my children's life. Grace has exceptional teachers that not only educate but love my children dearly. I have children both at GLEE (13mnths-4yrs) and the school (k-8th). The new principal is making such positive changes and creating an atmosphere of positive, christian learning. I love Grace and recommend it to everyone.

Posted March 9, 2009

I have been a parent at the Grace Lutheran school system - both Preschool (GLEE) and elementary school (GLS) for 8 years and could not ask for more! I have three children in the program and they are well above the norm in academics, and they know they are loved from the teachers and staff. I would (and frequently do) recommend Grace to anyone looking for a quality Christian education or something more personalized than a public school. The price is very reasonable - especially considering the benefits! If you need a school for your child go check out the Grace Family!

Posted June 4, 2008

We are sooooo blessed to have found Grace Lutheran School! They teachers and staff are dedicated, patient and caring. The curriculum is awesome. The small student to teacher ratio has definitely played a major role in the success of our children. My daughter attended GLEE and will b e in their PreK next year and our son will be in the 1st grade. We would highly recommend this school to any parent concerned about their child being in a nurturing educational environment that emphasizes the importance of God in your life to the students. Go Saints!

Posted May 8, 2008

My son attended PK-3 and PK-4 here and he absolutely loved it. The staff was caring and attentive and provided a well-rounded education. As he is about to enter kindergarten, I am amazed at how well he reads already.

Posted March 16, 2008

Grace has blessed my family for many years. The education is outstanding and I would recommend this school to all. The new principal has brought this school fresh new life and it is exciting to be part of the tremendous things going on at Grace Lutheran.

Asian 5% N/A

• Spanish

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Mr. Steve Stigler
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Associations
  • LSAC
Fax number
  • (817) 277-9353

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious