Arlington, TX

The Oakridge School 3

Posted April 25, 2015
Before I began writing this review I scrolled down and read all the other comments below going back to 2009 I believe. I can honestly say things have deteriorated over the last couple of years. The ECC and Lower School do have pretty good programs I do agree with the review regarding the Everyday Math Program. That is not a reflection of the teachers though, that's a reflect of administration. The middle school for my first child was fine. I felt he had good quality instruction. Middle school athletics was a joke though. Middle school for my youngest was a NIGHTMARE! The Middle school has a serious problem with bullying and do little to nothing to stop it. If your child needs any kind of accommodations good luck! I had issues with one English teacher who chose to not do them. It was at that time that we pulled our youngest and left our oldest. By then my oldest was in the High School. Freshman year was a total joke. Geometry, English and Spanish teachers HORRIBLE! My son got nothing out of Geometry and showed on his ACT/SAT. Sophmore year was better, Chemistry instruction was lacking but that instructor has since been replaced.

Posted April 19, 2015
Oakridge has helped shape who I am today. As a junior, I started at Oakridge in Preschool, and I have been given so many opportunities. I take 4 AP classes this year, and I am in the choir and play three sports. Because of the great preparation I have had at Oakridge, I am ready to start the college application process next fall, and I know I am very prepared. All Oakridge graduates go on to four year universities.

Posted April 13, 2015
I am so thankful for The Oakridge School. After realizing the difference The Oakridge School made in the lives of our daughters as compared to each of their experiences at other schools, we wish both of our daughters had attended Oakridge as Alpha and Omegas - (grade school through high school). The opportunities both daughters have been offered as a direct result of the education, guidance and nurturing each received at The Oakridge School over a few short years is outstanding. Our daughters are precious to us. The Oakridge School improved the quality of our life and theirs. At The Oakridge School, we knew our daughters were safe and were positively working toward their future. (AISD)- Public schools can be very dangerous, especially for good kids - dangerous to a child's future, health, attitude, self perception, learning ability and mind. Just because a child can survive something, it doesn't mean it was good for them or their future. If all schools were as excellent for all students as The Oakridge School, the future of our community and country would improve. Integrity is valued at The Oakridge School. We found The Oakridge School to be EXCEPTIONAL.

The Oakridge School 2

Posted March 30, 2015
It ain't what it used to be. Arts aren't great, athletics aren't great, academics aren't great. Really lowered admission standards over the years. Headmaster is out of touch. Inflated ego and salary at 250k. Girls athletics are a very low priority. Cleaning house from top down is needed.

Posted October 07, 2014
This school has made all the difference in the world for my child. It provides the very best curriculum with loving teachers to help any child succeed. In only three years I can give countless examples of superior service and outstanding treatment by amazing professionals. My son has been able to thrive in academics, as well, have new opportunities in Athletics and the Arts. No comparison to our previous experiences at one of the "best" school districts in the state. We were so impressed from our first tour of the Middle School and the amazing administration and faculty. The ability to transition into a cohesive Upper School that is preparing my son for College complete with College Advising office is mind boggling. Best decision we have ever made for our family. Go see for yourself.

Posted March 09, 2014
I attended the Oakridge school a few years ago. The bullying issue is outstanding and the administration does little to nothing about it, in fact sometimes they just make it worse. The amount of PDA at oakridge is disgusting (in the high school) and it's hardly noticed, but when friends merely HUG it's frowned upon. The upper school also has a serious drug problem, 2 students were expelled my senior year alone for drugs, and many others sell ADHD medication that they don't need. A few of the teachers are AMAZING (senior english, theater, french, and the middle school science teachers) but the rest are just warm bodies, almost like substitutes. It's a lot of busy work! School only provides good "connections" for those it cares about (the ones with the most money). Honestly there are way better private (and public) schools out there.

Posted January 29, 2014
This school is amazing! I love the fact that I can be involved in so much from sports to musical theater (We are awesome!). The teachers are real people who care and help you. I love being an Owl and can't imagine a better school.

Posted November 27, 2013
My children have attended this school since Preschool (age 3) and are so far above their peers at other schools that it is amazing. My daughter, who is a junior, recently received a call from one of her friends at another are school who needed help writing a thesis statement. What?! Oakridge students learn how to write and research in Lower School. By the time they are in Middle School, writing research papers and presenting their findings to peers is just a normal part of their experience. Also, with the school's new Learn21 program, Oakridge is way ahead of the technology curve when it comes to giving students the skills they need to be responsible digital citizens, as well as sticking with traditional values and skills. I think the negative reviews here on this website do not represent the majority opinion. These parents are out of touch with what is going on at the school.

Posted November 17, 2013
My 11th son studying here and i have plan to move him out,the tution is too expensive and not equipvalent with the service or teaching quality.Don't let your kid in here or you will regret

Posted November 06, 2013
The Oakridge School is a very poor educational facility. The academics are consistently interrupted by scheduling meaningless activities for the during class time, such as "Family Time". This is particularly true in the middle and high school level. Rarely is there a full week of instructional time. While there are a few good teachers there, most are not. They don't have any classroom control and they don't care about teaching which is evident in how they interact with their students. The administrators turn a blind eye to problems in the school and pretend it is wonderful. I would doubt they have had any prior experience or educational training for their positions. Lots of bullying and out of control students. The athletics are substandard. The teams can't compete with other schools in their conference. The facilities of both the classrooms and gyms are poor. What other school uses their cafeteria for a gym that charges close to 20K a year for tuition. Anyone considering this school is wasting their child's education along with their money. Before sending your child here compare it to other private schools to see what you are not going to get from Oakridge.

The Oakridge School