Bad
Good

ACA stands for Arlington Classics Academy and was founded to give really smart kids a place to grow and develop their passions. Think about this...Public schools exist to teach to the average students and other charter schools exist for troubled or learning challenged students. ACA was a place for the smart kids whose parents could not afford the private school alternative. And my kids and a lot of other kids grew and blossomed under the caring but rigorous curriculum. Each grade was taught at a level one grade above the school district requirement and the results were evident in the scores of the state mandated tests. The school could make smart kids great, average kids better and/or could provide a safe place of learning for those who could not find that haven in public schools. It was never designed for kids who don't want to learn. Yet, some parents still insist that ACA "fix" their kids which is not what their charter intended. Now, because the administration is more interested in pursuing student dollars, the school is rapidly dropping in quality. Some of the principals are allowing students who have issues get away with their aggressive and disruptive acts and often side with parents over the teacher when trying to issue reprimands. The mantra of quality through hard work (by the students, teachers AND PARENTS) has been replaced with the quest for dollars and the "participation trophy/everyone is a winner" mindset. It is a false ideology and will not prepare your child for life in the adult world. BRING BACK THE OLD ACA!

This is our 3rd year at ACA. Having come from an established private school, I would say ACA exceeded our expectations. The academics are comparable to none and I love the fact that the kids are challenged to maximize their potential. We have had nothing but the best teachers and it keeps getting better. The love flows from the top(administration), principals, reception and to the classroom. The teachers are dedicated and that is evident in that they go the extra mile to make things work. ACA is family and it takes the parents, teachers and student to make it a great experience. I highly recommend it.

My grandson is in his second year. Kindergarten was so good for him. I could see his enthuasism for learning just blossom. At the end of the year he was reading on first grade level. As a first grader he is excited about school. The curriculum and teachers are excellent. The principal is an outstanding administrator and is intersted in the success of all students. It is rare to see a principal who knows the students and their parents. She is always outside at drop-off and pick-up.i would recommend ACA to any parent interested in quality education. I only wish it had existed when my kids were in school!

This school has treated us marvelously. My daughters love it! My oldest struggles with dyslexia and consequently math, but they have worked hard with her and have stayed in contact. We loved it so much, my other daughter now attends as well with my son soon to follow. Probably one of the best assets they have is the environment of the school. Parental involvement is high and seems to make a big difference.

We absolutely love Arlington Classics Academy and the standard they set for our children, the atmosphere they provide, and the strenuous curriculum they teach. I cannot say enough about the teachers and administration. We love how involved they allow us, as parents, to be. We get to spoil our fantastic teachers, and be a part of our children's education and well being. We started in Kindergarten and are so glad we had the opportunity to start from the beginning and foster a love of learning.

i cannot say enough about this school. i was so nervous to send my little kindergartner off all day, but all my fears were put right at ease immediately. you can tell the teachers really care about their students and the principal and asst principal are right there, down in the trenches, working hand-in-hand with the teachers - from working the drop-off lines in the morning to the pick-up lines in the afternoon. the 'specials' classes - spanish, art, PE, technology, and music are incredible! the librarian is wonderful too. everyone treated my child nicely and made this transition really easy for both of us. the academics are top-notch and the parent involvement is amazing. i'm so proud to be associated with this school. if you have a chance, SEND YOUR CHILD HERE. you won't regret it.

The primary school at ACA is about two things: love and high expectations. The teachers are here because they want to be here and they love what they can do at ACA. They could all earn more at the ISD down the street, but at ACA they get to spend more time on teaching and less on discipline. It is obvious from the very first day that the teachers love their students. The compassion also shows in the confidence and expectation that students can perform at much higher levels than new parents usually expect. That translates into some long nights of homework at the dinner table and kids that are very well prepared to succeed academically. After seven years at ACA, I would not even consider sending my kids anywhere else.

We've had children in ACA since the early days. It has been overall a good experience. The early days were held together by parents. The growth has changed the dynamics and understandably so. Given that charter schools have reduced public funding and without healthy support from the families funding becomes problematic. There has been an increasing effort to pursue and increase the size of the student body to increase funding. As a result staff quality has suffered top to bottom. It is still a good school but you do have a factor of unexperienced teachers who don't know the value of a supportive home environment. The main objective of the school is to teach a person critical thinking skills. I believe that focus has degraded in the pursuit of ranking. The entire ACA family would do well to remember that brain development is a life long pursuit.

ARLINGTON CASSICS ACADEMY----CANT DESCRIBE HOW GOOD WE FEEL ABOUT OUR DAUGHTWER ATTENDING---SEVERAL FRIENDA ARE TEACHERS AT OTHER PUBLIC SCHOOLS AND WE CANT BELIEVE WHAT THEY ARE UN ABLE TO CONVEY TO THEIR STUDENTS. OUR CHILD IS 6 AND READS ART GRADE 3 + LEVEL. MOST OTHER CHILDREN HER AGE CANNOT WRITE THEIR OWN NAMES!!!! OTHERS DONT KNOW WHERE THEY LIVE OR A PHONE NUMBER OF A PARENT---ACA HAS GIVEN OUR DAUGHTER THE TOOLS TO ACQUIRE AND RETAIN THIS BASIC INFORMATION AND MUCH MUCH MORE----THREE CHEERS FOR ACA STAFF AND ADVISIRS----SIMPLY WONDERFUL FOR THE BUDDING MIND!!!!

ACA Primary....where the best begin! Our Griffins are Respectful, Responsible, and Safe! Our staff exhibits outstanding teaching strategies and creates an enthusiasm for learning!

Last modified Arlington Classics Academy - Primary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-2