Kenneth Davis Elementary School

Public | PK-4 | 623 students

Posted June 22, 2014

My daughter has attended Davis since Kindergarten. She is now a 3 grader Kenneth Davis is a great school with a strong principal leadership. all teachers very friendly The teachers have been so helpful and everybody makes you feel welcome. They care about the all the kids..

Posted June 22, 2014

good school great Principle.vice Principle & great all the teachers, and even the very nice lady ( Maria )in the front office.they all so helpful and everybody makes you feel welcome. They care about the all the kids.. noticed! Much LOVE for Keneneth Elementary! Sincerely, a very thankful parent!

Posted April 28, 2014

I am a proud parent at Kenneth Davis Elementary School. I have two children one in PreJudice and the other in 2nd grade. The teachers are so genuine and thoughtful. My children always look forward to going to school.

Posted November 10, 2013

My school is Kenneth Davis Elementary. I have been part of this school for many years with having children at different ages and I can not even think about going to a different school. The teachers do care about the kids education so much and also want to make sure its a fun enviroment too. They play music before the morning bell, they have their own news tv network where the 4th graders do the "school news" each morning, and a new vice prinicipal who brings a new joy with him. With carnivals, programs for us parents, and parties for the holidays too, my children love going to school. It's hard to get them to leave each afternoon because they have to talk and hug, it seems, everyone goodbye. I'm always greeted with smiles and hellos by office staff and if I ever need to speak with anyone, including the principal, I am welcomed and my questions are wanting to be answered. There is no place other than this school for my children. I will be so sad when it is finally time to finish up here but my children will have so many great memories because of Kenneth Davis.

Posted August 13, 2012

I sooooo love this school and my daughter loves it as well!!! Mrs. Vornin was her teacher she was GREAT/ AWESOME/ INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! That was her first year there and she will be going back there 2012-2013 school year!!!!

Posted March 1, 2012

My daughter has attended Davis since Kindergarten. She is now a fourth grader and will be moving on. We will be sad to leave this school. The staff has become like a second family. They are very caring and want good things for the children. They want them to learn, but to have discipline as well. It is about making the children believe in themselves and encouraging them to do well. I have interacted with alot of the staff and have only found a couple of teachers that were detached from the children. Overall this school is highly recommended.

Posted February 2, 2012

My two nieces go to this school and they always tell me that they love this school. They love everyone there. They tell me how great the teachers, principal and even the very nice lady in the front office. :) I am in California currently but will be moving to Texas to be closer to my family. My daughter is one and I can't wait to enroll her in this school.

Posted February 2, 2012

Kenneth Davis Elementary School is great. I have had 1 grandson graduate and 1 still going to school there. The education they have recieved there thanks to the teachers, all the office staff and yes even the crossing guard has been fantastic. My grandson has to stop to talk to everyone each day because he feels so loved. I would not want my grand children going in any other school.

Posted February 2, 2012

I never write comments on public posts. I am weary about referring people anywhere BUT, I have to say, Kenneth Elem. is too amazing NOT to write about it! I would have NO hesitation to refer ANY parent to this school. I have 5 kids that have been in different school systems. This school BY FAR has been the most accomodating to the challenges my kids face. I have a child with severe ADHD and the school has been incredible with him. They cater to HIS specific needs and REALLY care. My other children look forward to going to school because of the staff and caring teachers. I CAN'T tell you enough how much that means to a parent. A GREAT BIG thank you to everyone there who do their jobs with such passion! It warms my heart that someone can love my kids almost as much as I do! I don't know WHERE we would be without your continued support, especially to me THE PARENT! Thumbs UP! I wish there was a way to show you how much you mean but I figured by writing about how I felt about the school MAY show you that your efforts DON'T go un-noticed! Much LOVE for Keneneth Elem! Sincerely, A VERY thankful parent!

Posted January 31, 2012

I don't know where to really begin, it seems that everything about Kenneth Davis Elementary School upsets me. My husband and I recently purchased our first home in this neighborhood two years ago. Thinking that MISD would be better than AISD. I wish I would have sent me son to Martin High School fed schools, I regret the purchase of my house and plan on selling it because I have no attachments to this school and my son has had nothing but issues with being LABELED ADHD by his kindergarten teacher as well as the Asst. Principal Ms Williams. Their response is medicate him, because they can only teach to the "medium". Is this why I pay 20% more school taxes than Arlington ISD on my house???? I can also say that many times the lady who is the receptionist acts as if she hates her job when I have interacted with her, or maybe she just doesn't like me BECAUSE she lost my son's school paperwork twice? Ms Williams is not the best to interact with either. Also highly recommend checking other parents opinions before sending your child to this school.

Posted April 11, 2010

My son has attended Davis Elementary for the past three years. The teachers he has had and curently have are excellent. They do not push a liberal agenda (Imagine that!) and teach indiviual responsibility. They are not affraid to dicipline a child when necessary. It's too bad the school only goes to 4th grade. Next year will be my son's last year at Davis. But I knnow he has been given the proper foundation and education he needs to succede in junior high and high school and college. Thank You to all teachers and staff at Kenneth Davis.

Posted August 26, 2008

Great school, wonderful educators, a caring environment. Wouldn't want to go anywhere else!

Posted June 5, 2008

My 4th grader just graduated and is so sad to go! Awesome teachers, Awesome experience!

Posted May 29, 2007

I have had two children at Davis. Your experience will depend on which teacher you get. There are some fabulous caring teachers. However the school orverall has a very negative and punitive attitude toward children. My children were never in trouble but it was so sad to see how mean some of the teachers are to these children. The principal is detached and the focus is on rules and scores not on building the child and creating a love for learning. I have pulled my children out of that school because I hate the environment. Even though my sons did well academically they both hated going to school. Find another school if you have a choice.

Posted December 5, 2006

My daughter came in the middle of her K year & we disliked the teacher from the start. My daughter went from loving school to crying every morning she had to go to school & due to stress of this & her cousin dying she developed Post-tramatic stress disorder & hated the rest of Kinder. 1st grade she had Mrs. voronin, she is one of the best teacher we ever met we were so pleased & our daughter started loving school again. Then 2nd grade our daughter is back to hating school & begging me not to make her go.

Posted May 28, 2006

Good school great Principle. Many programs to help or to challenge.

Posted October 12, 2005

We think Davis is a great school overall. The teachers have been so helpful and everybody makes you feel welcome. They care about the all the kids. My kids are so happy to have PE everyday. It's really neat that they have art and spanish too. The only problem we have seen is the bad traffic around the school in the morning and afterschool but we like this school!

Posted September 15, 2005

I have one child currently enrolled at Davis and have two other children who have attended the school since it's opening and moved up to higher grades. This school has some extrodinary teachers but that is overshadowed by very poor administration. The PE and Music departments are in need of a grand overhaul. The teacher/student relationship in these areas are not much to be desired.

Posted July 15, 2005

Davis has a large availability of cultural experiences. The enrichment teachers are wonderful at providing these opportunities for the students. The parents have stepped up to help out with extracurriculuar activities, although involvement with school parties and functions has dropped since the school opened. Davis has a good academic program - focused on teaching what Texas requires.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 7, 2005

Kenneth Davis is a great school with a strong principal leadership.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

113 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

114 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

All Students89%

Limited English proficient (LEP)86%
Proficient in English87%
Not migrant87%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

122 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

114 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students75%

Proficient in English72%
Not migrant70%
Not Gifted68%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Asian or Pacific Islander 7% 4%

• HOLLY SMITH
Fax number
  • (817) 472-3267

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now