Posted April 11, 2014
I have two kids who attend Gideon and we couldn't be happier. Every time that I have had to speak with my kid's teachers involving any issues or needing more information - it was all dealt with in a timely and respectful manner. Emails and paper correspondence are sent out to inform parents of upcoming events well in advance - our principal even sends out weekly emails informing parents of upcoming events. I don't agree with the previous commentator's views on our new principal. Our new principal and vice principal are very involved in the school and clearly want to make a difference in our kid's lives. They are quite approachable and are willing to talk about any issues/questions you may have. I believe our improved school rating and test scores are proof that they and our wonderful teachers are making a huge impact. Also, yes, I do agree that the previous front office lady was rude and impatient to parents, she has since left and we now have a friendly person in her place. I can honestly say that Gideon really is a wonderful school with great teachers and admin.

Imogene Gideon Elementary School 1

Posted April 10, 2014
My child has been there for 2 yrs. I have had nothing but a poor experience with the older lady at the front desk being rude while on the phone and in person. Principal is clueless. Lack of communication between school and parents. They send notes home the same week and at times same day of an event, therefore working parents can not participate. Also they send notes home for volunteers but when you want to go volunteer when nothing is going on they give you a hard time. Guess they want parents to move on their terms. I pay property taxes to support this school but do not get quality service in education as MISD is known for. Which is the reason we purchased a home here. Will be changing my child's school next school year.

Posted November 15, 2012
Gideon has dedicated staff and teachers who take pride in the students and their accomplishments. With a diverse student population, Gideon offers a true representation of the area's diffrerent cultures. I'm involved in PTA and we work hard to get parents involved. We're proud to be Gators!

Posted August 07, 2010
The teachers here are all so friendly and truly care about the children here. The expectations are high and I wouldn't want my child to go anywhere else.

Posted May 22, 2009

Imogene Gideon Elementary School 0

Posted December 01, 2008
The administration and faculty sincerely care about the success of each child at this school. They work with each child to help them achieve providing every support system available to insure their success.

Posted August 02, 2008
This will be my nephews third year and my nieces (his little sister) second year going to this school and they love it there. They have both made great progress. My nephew even won the Superintendent s Star Award for the month of March.

Imogene Gideon Elementary School 0

Posted February 07, 2008
I love the teachers and faculty! Ms Barrett, a Kindergarten Teacher at Gideon, is the absolute BEST. I have had children attend her class and they both learned a great deal!

Imogene Gideon Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2007
This will be my son's third year at Gideon and he has had an overall great experience. The teachers are really great and involved. However, the staff that works in the front office is very rude and not helpful at all. Dealing with them is not pleasant at all.

Posted August 02, 2007
The teachers at Gideon are outstanding. They really care about the students. My kids love it at Gideon.

Imogene Gideon Elementary School
1201 Mansfield Webb Road, Arlington, TX  76002
Last modified Imogene Gideon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imogene Gideon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top