Bad
Good

I am in love with the principal she is the best I love this school

School is not the problem, the assistant principal E**** is! Watch out! Other than that, any child would be okay.

I like the diversity at Pearcy. The school isn't crowded. I like the PTA events throughout the school year. I like being able to communicate easily with the teachers through daily planners, email, or meetings. I like the automated calling system. It lets me know if my child arrived at school tardy or important information as needed. Having lunch with my child in the cafeteria is now much more pleasant since the removal of the noise control light. The teachers seems to have it together.

I too agree that the teachers are wonderful at Pearcy however the prison like enviroment of the cafeteria is really taking a toll on my children. The 6th grade is not allowed to talk at all and is severly disciplined for any talking they are also NOT allowed any recess time until Friday and that is only the last 20 minutes of the day.....I dare any of you to go to work for 8 hours a day and not say a word. How depressing that would be. My 2nd and 4th grader are also in assigned seats at lunch and they must all face forward. Why??? Noone seems to have a good answer. The vice principal, Mr. Egner is in charge of all of this as well and seems to quite enjoy this control much to the parents objections and complaints. I have twice this year asked him for a meeting and he never returns my calls and acts as if I have never asked for anything whenever he see's me volunteering in the school. I believe they will soon have a hard time keeping the wondeerful teachers they have.

Although the teahcing is good my child is complaning about lunch. It seems every one's child is complaning about that. I have been getting complaints fromm my child about how when the whole cafeteria is loud they all get punished. It's not fair that they all have to be quiet, because the only reason it's so lound is because the whole school is eating at the same time! I will be thinking about moving my child to a different school.

Teachers care about the kids and make them want to achieve their goals

Pearcy Elementary is a great school with a dedicated staff.

My child attends Pearcy & loves coming to school, but it seems my childs self esteem has changed lately because it is felt he/she cannot meet the standards of the cafteria rules. It is one thing to discipline for fighting, throwing things, but for a child to be disceplined for talking in the cafeteria when its felt the noise is too loud when do the students get to be sociable besides recess? Sincerly

I have been impressed so far with Pearcy. After a 2 year absence, my daughters came back to a new principal and assistant principal, and I could tell there had been a positive change. I felt good about the teachers and I'm sure it will be a smooth school year.

The only thing I can say about Pearcy this year is that the teachers are great.. Keep up the good work.

Last modified Pearcy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.