Posted July 08, 2014
Burgin is a great school.Both of my kids attend this school.My daughter loves all the teachers that she has had especially Mrs.Hamil.The greatest teacher ever, very dedicated with all her students and always with a positive attitude.I dislike the fact that the kids do not interact during lunch time.The kids are always sitting boy girl boy girl, and are always being told to quiet down. Lunch time should be a relax time for students from the classrooms.Also the principle can be very rude.Last the lunch lady Alicia is very nice with the students!

Posted April 10, 2014
Burgin Elementary is a fine school. Overall the staff is great and friendly as well as responsible. The only thing that parents have to worry about is: how their child gets along with others student and their behavior and commitment to get good grades. -Tony T. Former 6th Grader of the class 2011-2012

Posted October 20, 2013
My daughter is in 2nd grade this year, she has been at burgin since Kindergarden . I really like Burgin the teachers are great especially her 1st grade teacher Ms.Hankins she was a wonderful teacher my daughter an I both love her greatly she has a unique way with kids her way of teaching is really great . My daughters 2nd grade teacher is sweet an I believe as the year goes on we will be happy to have gotten her . The office staff is always so helpful an nice as is the principle. I would an will recommend Burgin to anyone looking for a school for their child .Thank you all .

Posted September 10, 2013
THE SCHOOL Y VERY FANTASTIC. ALL THOSE VORKS HARD FOR THE CHILDREN. I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE HELP WITH MY TWO CHILDREN.

Posted December 09, 2010
Two of my children go to school here. One is in Kindergarten and the other is in PK3. The teachers are awesome Mrs. Moosa is so sweet as well as her assistant Mrs. Laura my daughter has just blossomed out of her shell and has learned so much. I was pretty shocked how fast she has learned to be so little. My other daughter has Ms. Shoemaker and it has been a struggle with my daughter. I have had to have constist contact with the teacher and we have discuss the problems and concerns to improve my daughters efforts. I think both of these teachers are really great and the school is a really good school. It doesn't have a PTA but i really do not see that as a problem for the school i think it is more of the parents part. It's really sad how there are so may people that are not involved and on top of there kids. But overall Burgin has been great for my kids.

Burgin Elementary School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
My son attended Kindergarten here. His teacher was very angry with the students from day one (and admitted the district had moved her from the third grade; which is where her heart was). My son entered the school knowing the alphabet, his colors, how to count to 100... and he hadn't learned anything new by Christmas. He was one of the only kids reading in Kindergarten, so his teacher set him up to read for the principal... sad thing is, that she didn't teach him how to read, we did!!! Thankfully he got into a great charter school the next year (barely passed the tests to get in). NO, I don't miss Burgin at all.

Posted December 09, 2008
After Having horror story after horror story at a nearby school in Arlington, I sat with the Principle, discussed my concerns at length, and left feeling more than comfortable with moving my kindergarden student into this school. Today was his first day, and he came home happier than I have seen him in months.... Thank you, great job!!!!

Posted October 12, 2008

Posted July 09, 2008

Burgin Elementary School 0

Posted January 12, 2008
Burgin is a culturally diverse school with staff members that value individual students, their interests, cultural differences, and academic abilities. The lack of a PTA hinders the connection between parents and teachers; however, the Family Involvement Liaison is awesome

Burgin Elementary School
401 East Mayfield Road, Arlington, TX  76014
Last modified Burgin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burgin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top