Bad
Good

My daughter is a kindergarter here. This is not our home school, Goodman is, and we were recommended to attend this school . I did not research this school much but should have. The first time I met my daughter's teacher she did not introduce herself...as I had to ask her if she was the lead teacher. I feel like my daughter's teacher could have better parent/teacher relationships. She doesn't seem to involved with the students. The prinicipal was nice when we first met her but that changed. I rarely see her outside her office. She doesn't have much interaction with students in my opinion either. The traffic is awful in the afternoons! There are few teachers and principals helping monitor parents and students to get in and out safely. My daughter has done well there academically. Her writting and reading comprehension has improved a great deal.

We transfered from Ashworth to Beckham. I could not be happier with that choice! Faculty and staff are great. Principle is visible everyday and all day! She is there for the kids and the parents. She is an example for other Principals to follow! We think my son's teacher is great! The PTA does alot for the kids, but it really needs more parent envolvement!!!

Good Teachers and great support. Excellent admininstration, clean school. Student relations are great.. PTA team need more help.

There are exceptional teachers at Beckham. I have been impressed with teacher quality in light of the lack of support they get from the principal. The school has extreme discipline problems that continue to go unchecked. The principal shows little if any regard towards parents and not much more towards students.

My child has gone to Beckham for several years. I think the staff at Beckham has really suffered. There are negative undertones as the teachers do not get along well. They re always stressed out. The good teachers they ve had were quick to find another school. The absence I ve seen with the teachers has amazed me. It got to the point I would walk my child in and saw there was a substitute well that meant an absence for the day. The discipline is not there at all. They look the other way. As for the curriculum my child was not challenged at all. My advice is if your living in this area your much better off with home school.

I am a parent at this school. Most of the teachers at this school are fantastic. There are a few though who need work. The vice principal is exceptional. The principal is not so good. The does not appear to really care about the kids. She is more involved in appearances instead of learning. There are many advantages in your child attending this school. The overall parent involvement is lacking in the upper grades. I would recommend this school for the teachers, vice principal, and support staff. We have had 5 complete years in this school with two children who attend, and only a few incidents that I have found lacking.

The school has come close to exemplary several years in a row. It's a great school and I love the teachers there. I could not have hand selected a better staff myself.

Beckham is truly an impressive school. We just moved from Ohio and our 3 children were in a private school before coming to Texas. I was so pleased with the teachers at Parent Night and the first day of school. They were all very friendly. The curriculum is top-notch. The students are expected to listen and be respectful of everyone teachers and other students. It s a blessing for my children to be a part of Beckham.

Last modified Beckham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.