Bad
Good

Seguin is a fantastic school. My first two years of high school were in California, but I learned much more from the school here. I graduated class of 2014 and I'm so appreciative of the experience I had and the knowledge I gained. The students are all very friendly and the teachers are great! I would highly recommend this school to anyone. I believe the school itself is wonderful, and doesn't need much change. I think the dress code is a bit harsh but there's not much the school could do about that, it's more of a district problem.

Seguin is the smallest school in the district and is definitely not known as being of the most prestigious schools, however, Seguin makes up for What it lacks with academics and fine arts. I have had such a positive highschool career here and so many amazing opportunities thanks to my wonderful teachers and the theatre and band programs. I give my school a 5/5 stars because it is truly a great school and because I am extremely proud to call myself a cougar.

I use to be a student here at Juan Seguin High school. I was new to the school back in 2005. . . I was so greatful for the education I got here in Texas, compare to California. I had the greatest teachers and counselors. I graduated back 2007 and now attending good colleges in California, and I mention to my professors. . . How great the education I had back home in Texas. I don't know how it is now? . . . But I was greatful for the teachers, counselor, friends I had. Good luck to you and your children.

I would have to say that we have had a very positive experience at Juan Seguin. As a parent of a student at Seguin. I would have to say each school has its problems whether you choose to admit it or not. Some schools have elite drugs for the students who can afford them since the parents choose to think by giving them money and getting them out of there hair is being a good parent.

This school is a joke. The teachers don't care about their students and they act like they work about 12 hours a day non-stop. This school is absolutely dirty as well. It may look nice from the outside, but once you enter, the halls are loitered, and the students are loud, rude, and very disrespectful towards the girls there. Not to mention the school is over populated. If you want your teenager to get an education, i strongly recommend that you do not let your student attend this horrifying place they call Seguin High School.

The coaches in Basketball are more concerned with b-ball than academics. They make the students stay for all of the Freshman, JV and Varsity games and this usually ends after 9:30pm twice weekly. This is after the students have been at school ALL DAY. No quiet place to even consider doing homework since they are required to support all of the b-ball teams. The coaches have no problem changing a students schedule 2 weeks before the six weeks ends just to be placed in a b-ball class. The more appropriate thing to do is wait til the six weeks is over when it is that close to the end of a six weeks so it won't cause harm to the students grade. When I called the school counselor to complain on two separate occasions my calls were not returned. My daughter has about a 3.5GPA, but I can not say that I am impressed with the school. My daughter likes the school, but only because her friends attend the school. I am personally more concerned about my daughter being academically ready for college. They are proactive about having an automated system to call parents and update them about SAT testing and important meetings. They are also working on empowering girls through Seguin Girls Rock.

I love living so close to Segin High. My kids are able to walk to school. I enjoy hearing the band practice outside during the beginning of the school year. I can hear the pride of the parents during baseball and soccer games. I've attended many concerts by the students. They were all wonderful! I like how new the school looks. The high school students are good about volunteering at the local elementary schools. I've enjoyed the starline dance team once a year dance classes for my little girl. I love how the orchestra teachers are very involved with the junior highs in the area. There's a lot of school pride at Segin.

The teachers at the school are pathetic with the exception of a few. Some of the teachers dedicate their time to the students, no matter who the student is or what the student has been through. Their wisdom towards education carries no judgement or prejudice. Most of these good teachers run great curricular programs. Other teachers however, are simply here for the paycheck and could care less about the students! Sometimes it takes a heart to understand what a student has been through and even though education is a hard principle students must abide by, it does not mean that there should be no care, understanding, and by all means a little mercy towards the students. One thing I must point out however is that the foreign language department is pathetic and needs serious work. The current principal keeps the students punctual and under control, though with all the security guards, it seems like the school is run with an iron fist. One cannot complain about safety however.

Average, nothing special, typical American education. I would wish that the teachers were more helpful, and tried to act like they get paid based on performance and not how long they worked for the school.

Most of my daughter's teachers are really keeping me informed of what is going on. They call me with test results, good or bad, and post assignments and due dates on their websites. They have also provided me with tutoring hours in case my daughter needs exra help with her classes.

Last modified Seguin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.