Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

MISD & Summit encourage homework to enhance the learning environment, not simply as busy work. My 2 SHS graduates and current senior have done well with the homework policy.

I am a student who graduated in '14 and had a sibling graduate in '16. If I had to do it all over again I would. I loved every minute of being a Summit Jaguar. Yes, we have a certain reputation, but it is entirely baseless and rests on damaging false stereotypes. Summit was an amazing experience and I don't know a single friend who would disagree with me.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Summit has some of the best educators I have seen. They push our children and encourage them at the same time!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The community environment is very strong and there are high expectations for all students. Students are expected to treat everyone with respect.

Our son is currently a Junior. He has had an exceptional group of teachers who care very deeply about their students. The administration is very helpful and responds to questions quickly. Summit has a wonderful fine arts department and very competitive and successful athletes department. The coaches and fine arts teachers encourage students to participate in multiple activities. I highly recommend Summit.

I have 2 Summit graduates, both doing well in college and 1 junior on the same track. There are truly caring teachers, administrators & parents who make the school work. The diversity of the school is fantastic & prepares students for the world. The Summit Band and booster organization is wonderful. Students have opportunities to participate in many organizations & activities. No school is perfect, after all it is a high school but MISD and Summit prepare students for college, work or military service well. Go Jags!

My children are new to the school and have adjusted far quicker and more easily than they or I had expected. They have been genuinely welcomed by students, which was a concern since others have had years to build friendships and my kids came in knowing no one. They have made friends easily and have had no issues with the normal teenage drama we've dealt with at other schools. Both of my kids are in advanced placement courses and I am pleased with the level of instruction and the access to additional help, when needed. My kids are happy and excelling. Staff has been very supportive. Additionally, I have noticed that parent participation is higher than what I've seen at other high schools. Summit was a great choice for us and I would highly recommend the school to anyone.

I am very pleased with this school and the MISD district. There are all kinds of resources available and my kids really appreciate the IPads as opposed to lugging back - breaking book bags around. Students and staff are friendly with very few exceptions. Good fit for us.

Love it... Everyone at the school seems to do their own thing not causing many problems with other students. I also like their dual credit classes they offer to get in college hours.

Mansfield Summit is a fun school! Everyone there just seems very chill haha. I came from Bowie High and moving here to MISD was a HUGE difference. They offer so much more programs and activities. Also Summit alone has more clubs to offer than some other high schools I visited before attending here. Another thing is the sports at this high school is just great. I plan on trying out for football next school year and maybe even Cross Country hahaha if I can handle it.

Last modified Summit High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.