Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Posted September 28, 2015
I have 2 Summit graduates, both doing well in college and 1 junior on the same track. There are truly caring teachers, administrators & parents who make the school work. The diversity of the school is fantastic & prepares students for the world. The Summit Band and booster organization is wonderful. Students have opportunities to participate in many organizations & activities. No school is perfect, after all it is a high school but MISD and Summit prepare students for college, work or military service well. Go Jags!

Posted October 25, 2014
My children are new to the school and have adjusted far quicker and more easily than they or I had expected. They have been genuinely welcomed by students, which was a concern since others have had years to build friendships and my kids came in knowing no one. They have made friends easily and have had no issues with the normal teenage drama we've dealt with at other schools. Both of my kids are in advanced placement courses and I am pleased with the level of instruction and the access to additional help, when needed. My kids are happy and excelling. Staff has been very supportive. Additionally, I have noticed that parent participation is higher than what I've seen at other high schools. Summit was a great choice for us and I would highly recommend the school to anyone.

Posted October 25, 2014
I am very pleased with this school and the MISD district. There are all kinds of resources available and my kids really appreciate the IPads as opposed to lugging back - breaking book bags around. Students and staff are friendly with very few exceptions. Good fit for us.

Posted April 08, 2014
Love it... Everyone at the school seems to do their own thing not causing many problems with other students. I also like their dual credit classes they offer to get in college hours.

Posted March 25, 2014
Mansfield Summit is a fun school! Everyone there just seems very chill haha. I came from Bowie High and moving here to MISD was a HUGE difference. They offer so much more programs and activities. Also Summit alone has more clubs to offer than some other high schools I visited before attending here. Another thing is the sports at this high school is just great. I plan on trying out for football next school year and maybe even Cross Country hahaha if I can handle it.

Posted December 13, 2013
To the parent bashing me personally for my son's locker being broken into ( learned this later) and having IPAD stolen. I am paying this back, despite it being an economic burden. My son was not at fault, if anything I think it was interesting that the gym and locker were both locked, and it was still stolen-- and I was responsible .For something that have been their fault by the Contract you keep referring to.. BTW are you a Mansfield ISD employee? If so, then you should know as a textbook it should be waived in my situation. Interestingly enough that has been wiped out of the new "contract" for 2013/2014. By the way, you do not seem folksy when you write shoulda when telling someone "like it is". I can freely admit that my education was sporadic due to unfortunate child hood circumstances, but even I know that is improper grammar. In short, stay away from this school. I am removing my AP student at the end of this year. I will be leaving MISD. Good luck to those of you that stay.

Posted June 11, 2013
In the year 2013, the only year I have had the "pleasure" to attended Summit High School, it has been the worse academic year ever. I moved from a nice community in California to a nice community in Texas in hope that I would still be going to a nice school. Summit is the exact opposite of what I had in mind, the kids smoke and fight all year long and instead talking in civil tones to one another they yell as if one is the other's parent. The children disrespect the teachers all throughout class and the teachers, more than likely, won't do anything about it. And as if the attitudes the children carry towards the teachers weren't bad enough now they give each child an iPad, the iPads were their (the school district's) worse idea by far. iPads are stolen all throughout the year and are a hassle for the teachers who have to yell to get the children's attention away from the iPads, in hope that once they have their attention they MAY be able to teach their planned lesson. Over all this school is an academic travesty.

Posted May 20, 2013
Oh okay. My review was deleted again. Why you ask? Because the truth hurts. Apparently you can't warn everyone about this "school" if it doesn't benefit them. There are a ton of issues that people aren't allowed to know I guess. I never named names or used obscene language yet the truth is deleted. Okay Summit. Parents: Look more into this place before you send your poor child here.

Posted May 05, 2013
To parent that has a child w stolen ipad first of all sorry-that stinks! But I suggest u opt out of something u know u can'tafford it. At each informational meeting option for your child NOT being assigned an ipad has been offered. Your child can do text books instead so shoulda considered that option-however you still are responsible for paying if they are lost /stoeln. By high school they must learn that they don't leave something laying around or it gets stolen-sad but just truth. My child has had $ stolen from her purse-her mistake as she didn't lock it-I didn't blame school. Not trying to sound harsh but if your student would have had his ipad with him at all times or LOCKED in a locker like they have been instructed to do it could not have been stolen. Tax payers shouldn't pay another $500 for the ipad YOUR child lost. Imagine if you got by with not paying & if everyone could just say they lost an ipad & sale or keep knowing they could lie & say they can't afford to replace. My advice-can't afford insurance then don't get ipad nobody else's responsibility-You also signed clear document about this & agreed to it as you yourself stated. Good luck :(

Posted September 03, 2012
This is a great school; if your interested in being part of the solution, then they are happy to let you assist. The teachers work hard to do their best for the students. At any school, you will find rebels, but they also have excellent AP and Dual credit classes.

Summit High School
1071 Turner Warnell Road, Arlington, TX  76001
Last modified Summit High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.