Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 20, 2016
Summit has some of the best educators I have seen. They push our children and encourage them at the same time!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 20, 2016
When my son entered HS he was nervous. As a part of the Jaguar band he was welcomed with open arms. The school feels like a big family.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 20, 2016
The community environment is very strong and there are high expectations for all students. Students are expected to treat everyone with respect.

Posted August 20, 2016
Our son is currently a Junior. He has had an exceptional group of teachers who care very deeply about their students. The administration is very helpful and responds to questions quickly. Summit has a wonderful fine arts department and very competitive and successful athletes department. The coaches and fine arts teachers encourage students to participate in multiple activities. I highly recommend Summit.

Posted September 28, 2015
I have 2 Summit graduates, both doing well in college and 1 junior on the same track. There are truly caring teachers, administrators & parents who make the school work. The diversity of the school is fantastic & prepares students for the world. The Summit Band and booster organization is wonderful. Students have opportunities to participate in many organizations & activities. No school is perfect, after all it is a high school but MISD and Summit prepare students for college, work or military service well. Go Jags!

Posted October 25, 2014
My children are new to the school and have adjusted far quicker and more easily than they or I had expected. They have been genuinely welcomed by students, which was a concern since others have had years to build friendships and my kids came in knowing no one. They have made friends easily and have had no issues with the normal teenage drama we've dealt with at other schools. Both of my kids are in advanced placement courses and I am pleased with the level of instruction and the access to additional help, when needed. My kids are happy and excelling. Staff has been very supportive. Additionally, I have noticed that parent participation is higher than what I've seen at other high schools. Summit was a great choice for us and I would highly recommend the school to anyone.

Posted October 25, 2014
I am very pleased with this school and the MISD district. There are all kinds of resources available and my kids really appreciate the IPads as opposed to lugging back - breaking book bags around. Students and staff are friendly with very few exceptions. Good fit for us.

Posted April 08, 2014
Love it... Everyone at the school seems to do their own thing not causing many problems with other students. I also like their dual credit classes they offer to get in college hours.

Posted March 25, 2014
Mansfield Summit is a fun school! Everyone there just seems very chill haha. I came from Bowie High and moving here to MISD was a HUGE difference. They offer so much more programs and activities. Also Summit alone has more clubs to offer than some other high schools I visited before attending here. Another thing is the sports at this high school is just great. I plan on trying out for football next school year and maybe even Cross Country hahaha if I can handle it.

Summit High School 1

Posted December 13, 2013
To the parent bashing me personally for my son's locker being broken into ( learned this later) and having IPAD stolen. I am paying this back, despite it being an economic burden. My son was not at fault, if anything I think it was interesting that the gym and locker were both locked, and it was still stolen-- and I was responsible .For something that have been their fault by the Contract you keep referring to.. BTW are you a Mansfield ISD employee? If so, then you should know as a textbook it should be waived in my situation. Interestingly enough that has been wiped out of the new "contract" for 2013/2014. By the way, you do not seem folksy when you write shoulda when telling someone "like it is". I can freely admit that my education was sporadic due to unfortunate child hood circumstances, but even I know that is improper grammar. In short, stay away from this school. I am removing my AP student at the end of this year. I will be leaving MISD. Good luck to those of you that stay.

1071 Turner Warnell Road, Arlington, TX  76001
Last modified Summit High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.