Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted October 13, 2015
This school feels more like a home than an institution. The school provides a peaceful, happy and productive learning environment. Teachers and administrators are available and willing to make elementary school the building block it needs to be.

Martha Reid Elementary School 1

Posted February 13, 2014
This school should be renamed, because she abused kids, not helped them. She hated children that she could not manipulate, or their parents. Their were kids who were abused by the teachers and she did nothing to prevent this.

Posted December 16, 2013
Martha Reid Elementary is one of the best schools. I paid for my son to go to a private school last year and was highly disappointed. I always heard great things about Martha Reid and now im able to see what a great school it is. The teachers have great communication with the parents and we work as a team with the kids. They don't tolerate bullying and make sure the kid have a heightened awareness of it. Miss Watson is a great teacher and we are blessed to be in this district!

Posted November 25, 2012
Love the new Principal! My very shy granddaughter is blossoming! Great teachers, innovative programs, warm and welcoming front office staff, laughter floats down the hallways....safe and happy place to learn!

Posted May 31, 2012
Martha Reid has a wonderful staff of teachers and administrators. My three grandchildren are in this school and the caring of students is amazing. I am helping my son-in-law raise my grandchildren and believe me this has been a challanging year for us and techers. The communication and education of the staff is what I had wished for when my children were in elementary school. The staff of this school is making happy memories for my grandchildren and I am so proud,

Martha Reid Elementary School 1

Posted January 17, 2011
There are some truly great parents and teachers at Reid, but sadly there are tons of uninvolved parents and they soak up all of the resources with their poor parenting. :( Praying for rezoning.

Posted May 27, 2009
My sons attend Martha Reid and we have been very happy with the school. From the administrators who are always so friendly and helpful to the wonderful teeachers who make such an impact in our kids lives. The enrichment teachers are amazing and I am continually impressed by their talents.

Posted November 20, 2008
Martha Reid is everything and more that I could want for my kids. The staff and administration are very active and devoted to the safety and educational growth of all the children. Mrs. Hostin is truly a wonderful principal and a great person. I have found my daughter's teachers and the staff to be more than accomodating and communicative. I receive constant updates about her behavior and educational growth and her teacher's door is always open. I also appreciate that parents are encouraged to be active in the activities of the kids at school. There is great focus on math and reading along with specialists on staff to help any child that is having trouble. They also have an amazing art and music department. I am so glad that my children are able to attend this school. I wish I could have gone to a school like this! Jennifer Cass

Martha Reid Elementary School 2

Posted November 19, 2008
This is not a great school and quite frankly, the administration is below average. They are weak on discipline and often enable students and parents in the practice of responsibility avoidance. When a discipline issue arises, the blame and responsibility is immediately placed on the teacher. Neither the student, nor the parents are held accountable. Learning and achievement are average and there is not enough emphasis placed on mathematics and the sciences. I would not recommend this school over any other.

Martha Reid Elementary School 3

Posted August 01, 2008
My son is an honor roll student at this school. I keep hearing about the great principal and staff but haven't noticed any unusual reaching out. I find each and every group activity to be very disorganized and I don't think the staff is lead to respect the parents at all. I feel as though we are treated as their staff actually. I'm fairly exhausted from trying to provide ample support for everything...with very little notice and communication. I keep a brave, polite front for the sake of my son. He'll never know that I feel like these administrators and teachers are treating the parents like servants. Academically, my son is doing so well there that I'll continue to be supportive and smile.

Martha Reid Elementary School
500 Country Club Drive, Arlington, TX  76002
Last modified Martha Reid Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martha Reid Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top