Arlington, TX

Posted November 19, 2013
Thelma Jones Elementary is a great school. My step son attended here a few years back. And now both my daughters are here. We have had 5+ years at this school. I love the staff and the constant communication. I have only had one issue and brought it to VP attention. I did not receive any resistance and things were taken care of immediately. Every teacher has been amazing and truly love what they do. Lots of parents are involved. They do so much to make your feel like family. My kids are doing very well. I have had experience with an adjacent school district prior and MISD is top notch and way ahead of the curve.

Posted May 02, 2013
Our son previously attended this school from kindergarten to 4th grade. This school is filled with the most wonderful teachers on earth! Our son really enjoyed his childhood partly because of the wonderful environment at T.J.E. Things got even better once Principal Gray arrived & was there for his final 3 years ! I did not really appreciate how remarkable he was until our child entered another school. Appreciate T.J.E's teachers & staff because there is no other place to find such wonderful & supportive educators. I really loved the leadership and dedication. Our son was taught solid academics. One thing about T.J.E. is that your child will become the most respectful, intelligent, educated, humble, and caring human being. It was a great 5 years! Mr. Gray, Mrs. Bloodworth, Ms. Phillips-Brown, Ms. Anders/Williams, and Ms. Conklin were grand.

Posted May 10, 2012
Excellent School, wonderful teachers and staff members. My son attended pre-k there and I have no complains at all.

Posted May 08, 2012
As all schools there is room for improvement. I have TJE continue to improve over the past two years. I was apprehensive at the beginning but chose not comment until I have given them a fair shake. Parent involvement is a necessity in ANY school. You here about no parent involvement well it just takes one of you to start a movement. I have seen a increase in parent involvement and it is because of their PTA. If you choose to attend this school don't think about just sending you child here think about how you can fit in. They can always use parent help. Good Job Thelma Jones and I am proud to say I am a Shark!

Thelma Jones Elementary School 4

Posted June 20, 2011
This my daughter's first year at Thelma Jones and she had an excellent teacher. The administrative staff was quite helpful and friendly. They were extremely hands on, which I greatly appreciate. I am totally looking forward to her next year. I just there was more parental involovement in the classroom and school activities.

Thelma Jones Elementary School 4

Posted October 20, 2010
This is the first year my kids are going to Thelma Jones. So far my oldest is doing well in class and my youngest is getting the patience and persistence they need. I hope this year works out and this is like a 2nd home to us. As parents we cannot expect our kids to learn everything they need to at school therefore parents must remember that we are responsible for our children's mind, bodies, and souls. Do not just hand them over and expect them to get to it. Its your responsibility to mold them and enrich their lives; its also your responsible to hold the school's staff responsible for their role in your child's life. No one's time should be wasted. Expect the most of your school, your children, and yourself. Turn off the t.v. and read a book or have them watch something more educational, reduce time spent with video games and tell them to go outside. Exploring is good for the mind. Be responsible parents....not mindfully abstent. Your child's education is what you make it with your child.

Posted August 31, 2010
TOPS! Best of the best in Mansfield, Tx. We moved last year & changed to Thelma Jones Elementary School. Thelma Jones is an outstanding public school. We could not ask for a better educational enviroment. The parental involvment is outstanding and the teaching and admin staff is incredible. The principal, counselors and teachers come early, stay late and even some Saturdays to offer things like tutoring, reading club and great performing and visual arts programs. The expectations of excellence are unparalleled at Thelma Jones and it starts at the top. Thank you Mr. Gray for giving us the support and motivation to accept nothing less than the best from ourselves and all of our children.

Thelma Jones Elementary School 1

Posted May 03, 2010
This school is the most horrible school my children have ever attended. I am pulling my 2nd grader out to attend Connections Academy at home with me next year. This is a free program. My 1st grader, who doesn't yet qualify for the free program until 3rd grade, will also be pulled out and I will pay for her to get out of this school ASAP!!! The office staff is rude, the principal is pretty much nonexistent and parents are made to feel very unwelcome for anything. You're never informed of any kind of parties or activities and if you are, it's last minute and you also can't bring any younger siblings....even to an end of the year party at a park!!! I'm sorry, but I want to be involved in my child's education and this school doesn't provide that opportunity!

Thelma Jones Elementary School 1

Posted August 10, 2009
My children both went there last year. I had several problems throughout the year and had to have my son transferred out of the school. I tried to get them to change teachers, and the administration refused. I met with teachers and administration several times to tell them what I thought would work best for my son, and they did not listen at all. I never knew what was going on at the school. When I did get information about events, it wasn't always correct and my children ended up missing events for no reason. I pulled both of my children out of the school and they will be attending elsewhere. I do not feel like anyone cared about my children and I feel like the administration was clueless as to how to run a school.

Thelma Jones Elementary School 0

Posted June 08, 2009
My child has been here three yrs and is heading to the 3rd grade.I would rate the school as 10/10 for the sweetest office workers.10/10 for the most wonderful, dedicated art,music,p.e, and computer teachers ever! Honestly,these enirchment teachers work hard to give these kids everything they have & they love each and every child! I trust them daily & never worry about my child.Now, each homeroom teacher is different & if you have issues then move them early in the yr to avoid confusion. Don't wait to address any issues! Although, the administration & I ended on a very rocky note this yr, I still believe the principal is a real sweety pie & that he did so many wonderful things this yr from awards to programs.I would also give a 10/10 for safety & 10/10 for cleanliness. My child loves it there & thats the most important factor 10/10.

Thelma Jones Elementary School
7650 South Watson Road, Arlington, TX  76002
Last modified Thelma Jones Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thelma Jones Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top