No rating

Athens Christian Academy

Private | K-6 | 107 students

Living in Athens

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $91,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $697.

Posted August 22, 2012

My child went to ACA for a year. I would very loosely term it a "Christian School". ACA is more along the lines of a military academy. My extremely shy child was told to "shut his mouth" the second morning I dropped him off, while telling me goodbye. The students are not able to speak during lunch, or really at any other time that I saw other then on the playground. Several days they had to eat their lunch with their head down in the dark. I spoke to the head master several times regarding the way the students were spoken to, etc. each time feeling it was a complete waste of my time, which it was. The other parents that I visited with always stated "well it is better then the public school here" and that it is the only one in town.

Posted April 4, 2008

My children attend the Academy and we are so greatful. They are encouraged to develop educationally as well as high moral conduct. We intend to keep our children at ACA thru 8th grade. I only wish the athletic, science and foregin language programs were much stronger.

Posted February 14, 2008

I'm from Dallas orginally and I had my child in Plano schools, and was pleasantly surprised to find the academy so diligent in academics and personal care for it's students. I think the amount of tuition is negligible when you consider the quality of education. The new classrooms are nice as well. The parents are very involved and I found the families to be very nice and welcoming. East Texas twang is hardly heard in these hallways, mostly excellent grammar and good manners. A great example for other schools! Adena Wilder

Posted February 11, 2008

My daughter has attended ACA from K-7 and will finish next year in 8th grade. It is amazing to see a learning environment where the children are so eager and excited to learn. This school has been such a blessing!

Posted November 5, 2007

The teachers teach to each child individually instead of holding them back because others do not understand. My kids are excited to tell me about everything they have learned each day and how interesting it was. On top of the education my children have been loved, treated and disciplined in a 'Christ like way'. They learn the Bible better everyday and love sharing it with others.

Posted August 8, 2007

My daughter will start her 7th year at ACA this month. Teacher quality, spiritual development, office and secretarial leaders, parent involvement down to cafeteria workers are above and beyond the call of duty. I would also like to thank the church members at First Baptist Church for making this possible. Never under estimate what a blessing this school has been for my daughter and our community.

Posted November 7, 2005

Athens Christian Academy has been a blessing to our daughter and our family. We could not ask for a more loving, yet educational environment in which her formative years are being developed. The staff and teachers are our extended family!

Posted November 7, 2005

My daughter attended Athens Christian Academy from grades K-6 where she recieved an excellent education while being nurtured and guided spiritually. She was a straight 'A' student her entire career because of the one on one attention and direction that she recieved from her teachers. The administrator,office staff and church staff were caring, compassionate and concerned about the needs of each child and family. Always available and willing to assist in any way possible I felt comfortable going to them with any requests or questions great or small. I initially chose ACA because of the discipline policies and procedures as well as the excellence in academics and spiritual nurturing. The standard is 'Excellence' at ACA and the students and staff reflect that standard. ACA provides a firm foundation meeting the needs of the whole child not just academics. The staff at ACA reflect that it's not just a job, it's a ministry.

Posted November 3, 2005

Teachers do a great job! The curriculum is for academic excellence. They use Concordia Science, Saxon Math, Abeka Bible curriculum, etc. Discipline is not a problem. Parents are highly motivated and cooperate with the school.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted November 3, 2005

This is a wonderful school! It has been nothing but a huge blessing to my child. The teachers and staff are loving, caring, supportive, and the teachers run well managed classrooms. This school, the children, and parents are like one big happy family. The academics far exceed local schools and the overall atmosphere is exactly how a christian school should be. The children and parents are kind to one another and all work together for the good of the kids and the school. There are strong christian beliefs taught and demonstrated by all. The children get a high quality education in a warm, happy, loving, fun, Christ-centered environment. My child's last three years at this school have been more wonderful than I could ever express!

Posted October 18, 2005

Today I pulled my son out of athens christian academy.I believe that for the money is paid there should be better monitering and education. sincerly, doyle arender

Posted October 4, 2005

I'm not too impressed with the quality of teachers for the price being paid. Rather than teachers assisting the students having problems...their answer is a Tally and a call to the parents. There is obviously no encouragement for students to interact in a postive manner with each other. The teachers seem to turn their head when their favorites act out. The physical education is lacking to say the least.

Asian or Pacific Islander N/A 3%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Supports home-based learning
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

105 S Carroll Street