Providence Elementary School 4

Posted April 27, 2014
Positives: Providence Elementary is a sweet, neighborhood school filled with many teachers who care about students. We came across this little town a couple years ago and have loved our time at the school. The PTA works tirelessly for the students. Our children have made some amazing friends and we treasure this little town. If we ever leave this area it will certainly be hard. Families here are a tight group and there is so much going on in this community. Negatives: As with any place, there are a few negatives. We have a few parents who insist on pulling the bully card and have made numerous accusations publicly. They themselves could be considered bullies. Our child had a brief problem with another student but he and the kid worked out their differences. Overall, we love this school and would not change much about it. My advice would be to get involved with PTA and be a presence at the school.

Posted November 29, 2013
There are a number of good teachers at Providence but overall the school is a mess. Bullys run rampant through the school tormenting the other kids and all the administration does is sweep it under the rug. They don't address the bullying they just move the victims to different classes. Great strategy, at this rate they will have classes with just the one bully and all the other kids piled up in a few. What this school needs is the principal's termination and it could be a great school.

Posted November 25, 2013
When my son was in second grade, there were two students in his class that continuously picked at him. One day on the playground he was grabbed by his neck and thrown to the ground. NONE of the teachers did anything about it even after other students confirmed what had happened. I went to the principle the next day. She told me since my child never reported any "bullying" issues before they wouldn't/couldn't consider it a bullying issue. They wouldn't even look into my complaint. So much for the "zero tolerance" policy. I took it upon myself to talk to the other parent. That took care of the situation for the most part. I am SO glad I do not have anymore children that will have to endure the administration of this school. All they care about is how they look on paper.

Posted May 15, 2013
My child attended this school from k-5 and spent an enormous amount of time in the principal's office, on punishment, etc. He was singled out on numerous occassions and targeted as a "bad" child. He didn't learn to read until second grade at which time he jumped up 5 levels due to an excellent teacher dedicated to teaching reading one-on-one. There were 2 yrs in which he had excellent educators who were pleased with his intellect rather than distracted and annoyed by his ADHD. He was paired in his final yr there with a teacher who had never taught before. Basically they told me it was either get him on medication or they were sending him to alternative school. About to complete his first yr of middle school, we have not had ONE disciplinary issue or even a call from the school. His grades are still good but now he has friends, attends school events and is flourishing socially as well as academically. I would rate Providence Elementary NO stars due to the despicable attitude permeated from the staff at the students who do not fit their "ideal" image. If you are not familiar with our current public school system and the rights of your child, you are in over your head at this school.

Providence Elementary School 3

Posted August 24, 2011
The VP at this school had my child come into the office to complete work, day after day. It was supposedly not punishment and was she only missing her recess every day so she could have extra time to do work. I was notified by a secretarial person about this situation. The VP had a very ugly, inflexible attitude and she is very poor at communication. She showed no sign of caring about children or parents. She cares about rules. She gave my child a kind of sticker chart. When that sticker chart didn't work, her next solution was another sticker chart. Eventually, when the sticker charts weren't helping and the problems continued the disciplinary solution was to send our 2nd grader to the alternative school. We had to take her out and homeschool her. My child was having a special ed issue and was later diagnosed. She hasn't had any serious discipline issues since receiving accommodations and she was commended on her TAKS tests. Things have improved, but what I remember about having to interact with this VP was her lack of ability to establish rapport with my child or to explore any solutions other than the meager and ineffective one she had to offer.

Providence Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2011
I love my son's school! I love that they are the Patriots! The school has been awarded for academic excellence and is truly a part of the community. My concerns are that there seems to be too much turnover in the staff, young inexperienced teachers that are laying the foundation for our children's future education, and, due to a very small percentage of ethnic minority students, the student body and the staff tend to stereotype those students. Minority students are ostracized and are focused on during TAKS, etc. Teachers are quick to assume that they have a learning disability and quicker still to focus on them with stricter disciplinary measures, etc.

Providence Elementary School 5

Posted February 09, 2011
Both my children have attended this school and it's fantastic. I have had experiences w/ teachers, staff, and the administration. Everyone has been wonderful. A really great school.

Providence Elementary School 3

Posted October 07, 2010
We really like this school and for the first and second grade our child was a straight A student. Third grade was a different story and we identified a significant conflict with the teacher. We brought to attention of the VP and were told that would be addressed immediately and that our child would be moved to another class. We were later contacted by the P and told that the VP did not follow proper procedure and that the VPs commitment could not be implemented. Frankly, we could care less about proper procedure. We just wanted to get out of the condescending and destructive environment that was ruining our child s experience. This year has been a complete turn around and we are glad to have a child who again looks forward to the experience. We suggest going above the immediate administration (director of education) when you have an issue.

Posted September 23, 2010
We have 6 kids. Our 2 youngest have had the UNFORTUNATE experience of going to this school. I can honestly say there is not much to love about this school. I am surprised at the positive ratings. I can only assume the 5 star raters have never experienced another elementary school. While there a handful of good teachers, the principal and vice-principal are more concerned with themselves and ratings than their students. Many of the teachers show little caring towards the students. I know of MULTIPLE (and I mean over 20 in 2 years) instances of extreme bullying that are barely addressed. My children have come home with injuries where I was failed to be notified. My son was left on the playground for over 15 minutes! My kids are A students and not troublemakers. I am transferring them out of the school this year, and will not come back.

Posted February 08, 2010

Providence Elementary School
1000 Farm to Market 428, Aubrey, TX  76227
(940) 369-1900
Last modified Providence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Providence Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top