Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

They try but they fail. With even 1 or 2 mean-hearted teachers in the mix, it makes for a miserable environment for an already struggling child.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

There are some that have it but it's clearly not getting through to others and nothing is being done about it.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

If the teachers don't have integrity, compassion, or respect, they can't teach it to their students.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

They are not genuine and smart children can feel that. Would you have respect for someone that you can't trust? Nope.

Let's just hope your child isn't in 3rd grade... One selfish, miserable, immature teacher can ruin the whole bunch.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

You're always going to have some teachers that are more effective than others, so far my experience is 1 very effective teacher and 1 somewhat effective and 1 very ineffective

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework was adequate for the most part however I wish they had more student/school involved activities, such as science fairs, spelling bee's. Any type of event that would encourage and single out individual accomplishments.

Develops character: Disagree

My answer is based on my past experience at the school! My child's 1st grade year was a complete waste, the students in my child's classed suffered severely because their teacher was out of the classroom 1/2 the school year! She sporadically missed days throughout the year, which resulted in her classes missing out on a lot of valuable classroom time spent learning! Those students in that particular class were not provided with the same standard and experience as the rest of their peers! Honesty /integrity was failed in that the school should have dismissed this teacher if she could not commit to her students and was it fair for these students to enter second grade slightly behind their counterparts!

I am not a big fan of their grading system, they grade on the numeric basis ( 1, 2, 3's) I do not feel that this grading system truly reflect the status of what the kids are learning! Me as a parent can not gage a 1,2,3 when accessing my child report card. I know that 100-90 is an A and a 89 -80 is a B, I know the range and I can work with that, I know that if my child makes 75% on a test, that she needs a little help with that subject. However if you present me with a 2, I have no idea what to do with this number! What is a 2, is it a B, but what's the range of this B, is it an 89 or an 80! I feel that the 1,2,3's do not challenge the kids because they don't mean anything to the kids either, they have a vague idea as to what it means however a 100% or 95% on a test is concrete, something that they can transform into an accomplishment, something that they can work towards and strive for on the next exam! This is one of the major reasons why I am dissatisfied with my experience at this school. I know it's a district standard however my experience is only with the school and so far, I am not thrilled my overall experience.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Providence Elementary truly has the best teachers in the state of Texas! We are truly lucky for our children to have been educated by these educators!

Last modified Providence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.