Aubrey, TX

Paloma Creek Elementary School 5

Posted January 28, 2015
My son has been attending PCE since kindergarten and is now in second grade. Being he is ADHD he had such a horrible experience with PreK, when he got to PCE is whole world changed beginning with his amazing, understanding, and nurturing Kindergarten teacher. 1st Grade got better for him with the addition of new reading activies and his great teacher. Now in second grade he was behind due to his lake of focus and inability to obsorb the information that he was able to get. His teacher recongnized this immediately and instead of allowing him to continue to fail she stepped in to start working on accomodations for him. She discussed this with us and moved his file forward very quickly for a 504 permanent accomodation plan for him. The entire education staff jumped to attention and helped move him directly into a better path. I cannot express enough how the full support of the entire PCE staff has provided an amazing education, lifted my son up, and provided him with an amazing foundation for his learning career.
2 people found this helpful

Paloma Creek Elementary School 4

Posted January 20, 2014
Our son is in his first grade at pce. He started last year in kinder w ms turnipseed which was such a great experience. Now in first grade we have a first year teacher who we also love. I can't stand the principal and assistant principal but the rest of the staff has been pretty nice. I definitely think the school would be better with a new administration!

Paloma Creek Elementary School 2

Posted January 03, 2014
The way this school is run shocks me. The principle has shady morals and is the type to tell you what you want to hear. The teachers and staff act as if they are scared for their job security which makes their job less about teaching and more about worrying if they are going to lose their job with every choice they make. It's sad to see way this school has went down hill since the principle change. We are moving just to keep from enrolling my son again. If you have different choices, I suggest you take them.

Paloma Creek Elementary School 3

Posted October 08, 2013
Good school. Fits the norm for most public elementary schools. TEA exemplary & all that. Kids seem happy. Parent involvement is low but its a large single parent/dual income community. Teachers and admin seem to genuinely care & do their best. My child receives some special svcs & other child is general ed - both are doing well.

Paloma Creek Elementary School 5

Posted August 14, 2013
My child really likes the area. They have been great over the past year with fun activities and alwyas been so nice

Paloma Creek Elementary School 1

Posted September 09, 2012
I couldn't agree more with the last review. My son, who has severe ADHD and a host of other psychological issues and medical issues, went to this school for a short time a few years ago. I can't go into details here, but I opted to pull him out of the district---If you can avoid Denton ISD entirely, I strongly suggest you do---and I home-school him; quite an endeavor for me since I'm a physically disabled single mother, who runs my own business. We moved soon after, and now he attends a smaller, better school in another Denton County school district. He earned a 3.5 g.p.a. last year and his behavior problems have largely disappeared without ADHD medications.

Paloma Creek Elementary School 1

Posted September 07, 2012
Be ware of this school if your child does not fall into the "norm." This school strives to have "normal" children and makes life difficult for anyone with a special needs child. If I could afford to send my child elsewhere, I would in a heart beat.

Paloma Creek Elementary School

Posted July 22, 2008
Excellent school with excellent teachers and administration. The students are happy and are learning very well.

Paloma Creek Elementary School
1600 Navo Road, Aubrey, TX  76227
Last modified Paloma Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paloma Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top