Austin, TX
Before care: Yes

Austin International School 1

Posted December 03, 2014
Nous avons mis nos enfants dans cette cole afin qu ils poursuivent le fran ais et qu ils soient aid s dans l apprentissage de l anglais. Malheureusement cela a t de la peu pr niveau anglais, ESL ( ENGLISH SECOND LANGUAGE) au compte goutte par des professeurs un peu p,erdu car aucun dipl me pour cette enseignement, les professeurs d anglais m me avec la meilleures volont s ne savent pas quoi faire avec les enfants fran ais, n ayant pas d'aide de l administration pour les guider. Des tas de promesses tr s rarement tenues ou pas du tout, et les raisons avanc es fausses. Les fran ais sont tr s peu consid r s car tr s peu nombreux donc aucun int r ts financiers pour l cole. Ayant d cid une nouvelle fois de supprimer le peu t aide apport nos enfants, sans nous conserter auparavant, nous avons demand un rendez vous, l administrations n a pas voulu nous recevoir "trop occup e". Nous avons imm diatement enlev nos enfants de cette cole et les avons mis dans une cole am ricaine. Au bout d une journ e nos enfants avaient retrouv le sourire, nous avions fait le bon choix.

Posted November 13, 2014
This school has an amazing staff and an even more incredible faculty. The parent community is also very warm, friendly, and engaged. The school's administration does a fabulous job of finding, recruiting, and retaining teaching talent from literally all over the world. The school brings languages, cultures, and ideas from around the globe into my son's classroom everyday. Teachers are always available, and more importantly, eager to engage with parents regarding their students. The facilities have been upgraded, with more to come, to create a modern learning environment commensurate with the needs of today's students. Austin International School is truly a world-class learning institution. I could not be happier that my son attends AIS. He speaks three languages, thrives in Math and Science, and has improved in the singular area where he was not excelling last year, in less than a few months into this Fall. More importantly, he loves it there. My two younger son's will attend AIS as well.

Posted November 12, 2014
Austin International School = Tri-lingual immersion, internationally minded school philosophy, stimulating parent community, and kids that love school. We have 2 girls at AIS, the eldest in her 6th year. We enrolled for the tri-lingual native speaker language education and are getting so much more. Our children have the advantage of learning, thinking, and speaking in three languages. The integrated curriculum ensures they aren t simply repeating the same work in each language, but learning about related aspects in all subjects leveraging their language skills. Children are educated in concepts and learn to think, not taught to memorize facts to pass tests. My children LOVE going to school. We are a community of kids, parents, and teachers with diverse backgrounds and while my husband and I speak English, our girls communicate seamlessly with native speakers of other languages and cultural backgrounds. I know I m giving my children the irreplaceable gift of having a global perspective and ability to think and communicate in multiple languages. The best part is they don t even know it s unique because for the kids at AIS this is all just a normal day!

Posted November 08, 2014
My daughter attended AIS for two years, starting from the age of three years to almost five years. Then we moved to a french speaking country for two years, where my daughter continued going to a french language school. Had it not been for AIS, my daughter would not have succeeded, especially linguistically, as she has thus far and as she did in Europe. My son attended preschool abroad and learned quite a bit; he continues to do very well at AIS and has not lost his French comprehension or communication skills . He does well in Spanish, in addition to speaking English. His teachers are excellent, as well as those of my daughter's. She, too, has learned to read English at a very rapid rate, which was not something she had been studying in Europe. Personally, I think the addition and subtraction calculations that she is doing now are pretty amazing. All this I contribute to the excellent quality and positive reinforcement of the teachers and administrative staff at Austin International School. I would definitely recommend this school.

Austin International School 1

Posted November 06, 2014
This school reaches for the image of global communication and global leadership however that could be farther from the truth. Although the staff is amazing and very international the administration is horrible. They use many fear tactics to make sure their already abiding staff meets all of their expectations. They harass their staff for taking sick days and not making it to all school events. They threaten their employees with expectations that are unachievable and do not take into consideration the expectations of their own daily lives. Student learning is not the center of the school. However, making sure the staff conforms definitely is. Amongst the administration there is no knowledge of how students learn or what best practices teachers should be using. Their is no desire to improve student learning or to hold students accountable. There are no common expectations in the hallways, cafeteria or recess. Students often bang their hands on the table shouting: "we want pizza". I am teacher who has 7 years experience and who has worked in three different schools. I have a masters degree and I speak two different languages. I would not put my child in this school.
7 people found this helpful

Posted November 03, 2014
Austin International School is a wonderful school if you are looking for a tri-lingual education with a dedicated multi cultural staff. We love the small size of the school which gives us the opportunity to forge relationships with parents and feel like a community. Diversity and culture are very important to education, and we feel like AIS offers this more that any other school in the Austin area. As you come and go on campus, you hear Spanish, French and English regularly being spoken amongst staff, parents and children. The staff and administration are very communicative with parents and there are numerous opportunities to be involved in the school life in and outside of the classroom. In addition, we feel very informed about our child's progress throughout the year and have been able to get additional feedback and advice from the staff when requested. The director, Christophe, is a superb leader in the vision of the school and is in touch with parents and students on a daily basis. Our child is in his second year at AIS and loves going to school everyday. He is excited about school and is very fond of all his teachers.
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 30, 2014
Our son has been at Austin International School for two years now and we are delighted with the school, the staff and his progress in all areas, especially languages! Our son also loves the place and the teachers and is looking forward to school every day! We thought that three languages could be confusing for a small child but it hasn t been, he s surprising us daily with his evolution in languages that we don t even speak at home! Highly recommend the school to anyone, no matter what the child s background is.

Posted October 28, 2014
The subjects are taught in French and augmented in English and Spanish. The teachers understand the children's levels and give them extra work to keep them challenged and engaged. This in turn adds a lot of enthusiasm in them where they love coming to school. A variety of after school activities like chess, LEGO, tennis and cooking are taught in different languages providing enrichment and fun outside of school life. We are very happy with the school and what it offers.

Posted October 24, 2014
We really love AIS and are native English speakers with only a little Spanish and French speaking exposure. We are amazed by how well our daughter speaks both languages in just 2 years! She is in kindergarten (her 3rd year at the school) and is showing great confidence by correcting our pronunciation & learning to read. The after school program offerings are also really wonderful & varied which allow us to extend her school day without driving around town. Her favorite after school classes this year include Tiny Chefs cooking class, chess, piano & art. We look forward to next year when our son will be able to start AIS at age 3! Additionally, we love the parent community which is diverse, talented & engaging. One of our daughter's best friend's family is from Spain & are engineers / own a winery in Spain. They have taught us so much about the Spanish culture! And other parents are successful entrepreneurs & professionals of all types who truly believe & live by example the school's motto of "expanding minds, broadening perspectives". As they get older, we also really look forward to traveling abroad with our personal little translators & families we've met at the AIS!

Posted October 21, 2014
Our two children have been at AIS for 4 years and we couldn't be happier with their experience there. It is a wonderful international and diverse community, speaking both of the teachers and the students/families. What I would like to rave about most is the amazing collection of brilliant, creative and devoted teachers. Christophe seems to be able to handpick the most talented from France, Spain and the US to join this school. They all work carefully together to achieve a synergistic curriculum so that your child's day is not a disjointed jumble of three languages, but each building on the other. And amazingly, when the reading starts, it takes off in three languages. Most importantly, my children are happy and thriving.

Austin International School
4001 Adelphi Lane, Austin, TX  78727
Last modified Austin International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Austin International School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top