Texas Empowerment Academy 1

Posted April 29, 2014
When I first went to this school I thought it was a great school. Unfortunately by my second year, the school began to go down hill. The principal happened to be a disappointment, he disrespected his staff and students. Please don't consider this school. It's for your own good.

Posted August 31, 2013
My son came to it with a special education need, caused by his prior environment. In the three years he was at TEA, his grades and scholastic attitude improved dramatically, and he was (thoughtfully) dismissed from ARD (special ed) into general education. The principal is an extremely dedicated and personable educator, the teachers smart and capable, and the education first rate.

Posted May 24, 2011
I THINK THIS IS AN EXCELLENT SCHOOL! I NOTICED MY SON HAD MORE WORK THAN HE EVER HAD DURING HIS WHOLE TIME IN SCHOOL. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL. I LOVE THE SMALLNESS OF THE CLASSES.

Texas Empowerment Academy 0

Posted April 01, 2009
I use to attend texas empowerment but now atted elgin high. I didnt like the school at first because i thought it was too small and too much work. But overall it is a wonderful school. Now that i am at elgin my behavior has gotten better, my grades have gotten better,and i even have higher standards for myself than i had before. And i rate this school as a 7 and wish the best luck to all of the new studunts and staff!

Texas Empowerment Academy 1

Posted March 06, 2009
In 2004 Texas Empowerment Academy was introduced to my family throught our neighbors. My wife and I have had two children attend the Academy. My wife and I had the original concept of trying something that was non traditional and seem to be not so chaotic, and uninspiring. Our expectations of motivating teachers, enthusiasim, and general concern for the students success seemed to be met during the years of 2004-2006. Unfortunately Texas Empowerment Academy has taken a turn for the worst. Leadership is very key in a staff. If your staff is unorganized, non-communicative with parents, and in complete disarray then you can best believe so is the leadership. This educational facility has really lost the intent of what a charter school is all about. School, parents, and child all make up the complete circle of a childs education. The School has been left out of the cirle.

Posted September 16, 2008

Texas Empowerment Academy 4

Posted February 20, 2008
This school is excellent for grades 5-8, which is the main focus. The 9th grade can help a child get ahead that might have fallen behind the first year in high school. Most charter schools are better than regular schools through middle/junior high. For higher learning they set a great foundation for the increased challenges of higher level HS courses like honors and AP. This school is excellent for young men lacking discipline. As opposed to the WOT Ann Richards school, this is the school that the AISD failed to build for troubled young boys, that is really need far more than a **SBO recruitment academy.

Posted November 29, 2007
Excellent, very rigorus program but definitely teaches children that working hard pays off. Children learn study skills which are very important to learn early. My experience with this program was awesome for both me and my child.

Posted November 09, 2007
This is one of the best schols in the world if not the best.

Posted June 07, 2006
This school is an excellent charter school. The test scores are very high, the teachers are very focused and detailed in their work. My child has attended for four years.

Texas Empowerment Academy
3613 Bluestein Drive, Austin, TX  78721
Last modified Texas Empowerment Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Texas Empowerment Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top