Bad
Good

Don't even consider taking your children here. Do some research on the teachers that the school hires. The school does not do background checks.

I strongly disagree with the previous comments. This is truly an amazing school doing great things for the students. The teachers do not yell at my child and he loves it there. My son learns things about his culture that he can't learn at a cookie cutter school district. If you ask me, the school districts are going down hill fast. At least at Texas Empowernment, the children build relationships with the teachers and gain a solid education. Great school if you're willing to work with the teachers and you truly care about your child's education.

When I first went to this school I thought it was a great school. Unfortunately by my second year, the school began to go down hill. The principal happened to be a disappointment, he disrespected his staff and students. Please don't consider this school. It's for your own good.

My son came to it with a special education need, caused by his prior environment. In the three years he was at TEA, his grades and scholastic attitude improved dramatically, and he was (thoughtfully) dismissed from ARD (special ed) into general education. The principal is an extremely dedicated and personable educator, the teachers smart and capable, and the education first rate.

I THINK THIS IS AN EXCELLENT SCHOOL! I NOTICED MY SON HAD MORE WORK THAN HE EVER HAD DURING HIS WHOLE TIME IN SCHOOL. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL. I LOVE THE SMALLNESS OF THE CLASSES.

I use to attend texas empowerment but now atted elgin high. I didnt like the school at first because i thought it was too small and too much work. But overall it is a wonderful school. Now that i am at elgin my behavior has gotten better, my grades have gotten better,and i even have higher standards for myself than i had before. And i rate this school as a 7 and wish the best luck to all of the new studunts and staff!

In 2004 Texas Empowerment Academy was introduced to my family throught our neighbors. My wife and I have had two children attend the Academy. My wife and I had the original concept of trying something that was non traditional and seem to be not so chaotic, and uninspiring. Our expectations of motivating teachers, enthusiasim, and general concern for the students success seemed to be met during the years of 2004-2006. Unfortunately Texas Empowerment Academy has taken a turn for the worst. Leadership is very key in a staff. If your staff is unorganized, non-communicative with parents, and in complete disarray then you can best believe so is the leadership. This educational facility has really lost the intent of what a charter school is all about. School, parents, and child all make up the complete circle of a childs education. The School has been left out of the cirle.

This school is excellent for grades 5-8, which is the main focus. The 9th grade can help a child get ahead that might have fallen behind the first year in high school. Most charter schools are better than regular schools through middle/junior high. For higher learning they set a great foundation for the increased challenges of higher level HS courses like honors and AP. This school is excellent for young men lacking discipline. As opposed to the WOT Ann Richards school, this is the school that the AISD failed to build for troubled young boys, that is really need far more than a **SBO recruitment academy.

Excellent, very rigorus program but definitely teaches children that working hard pays off. Children learn study skills which are very important to learn early. My experience with this program was awesome for both me and my child.

This is one of the best schols in the world if not the best.

Last modified Texas Empowerment Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.