Canyon Ridge Middle School 3

Posted February 20, 2014
I am a student that is a 7th grader at CRMS. The main issue with this school is the bullying. I have had boys slam me into lockers, and I am a girl. Lots of constant harassment between other students, which is never handled, and the child who is a victim of bullying tends to be the one who gets in trouble. Lots of physical harassment when teachers are even around. The cafeteria food isn't the best either. The band program is fabulous! I love band more than anything else! The athletics and dance programs are also great. The teachers are fine, but mostly oblivious to bullying between other students, mostly verbal harrasment between cliques. The education is fine, but students are not. I cannot stress how much attention should be payed outside at lunch, as there is little supervision.

Canyon Ridge Middle School 3

Posted February 12, 2014
Let me preface this by saying, my son has Dyslexia/ADD. So, if your child has any learning issues, then this review might be helpful to you. Canyon Ridge has an excellent 6th grade program and 6th grade IEP Staff. (I would have given this school 5 stars based on last year's experience). My son loved going to school because the focus was less on unnecessary homework assignments and more on hands-on learning through science experimentation, creative thinking, stimulating discussions, etc. He was a straight A student. The 6th grade teachers are the cream of the crop! They are engaging, fun, and extremely supportive to all of their students. When my son entered 7th grade, everything changed. The 7th grade teachers and IEP staff seem very disorganized, overly strict, uncaring, and unresponsive to my son's issues. I am not the only parent (learning disabled child or not) who has watched her son's grades plummet from A's to C's and D's in one year. There is little to no communication! There is a serious disconnect between 6th and 7th grade at this school that needs to be addressed and fixed. We have had a very frustrating year, and will not be attending 8th grade at this school.

Canyon Ridge Middle School 1

Posted January 12, 2014
My son in seventh grade has had constant struggle in this district. My son went to four points and disliked it, a close Freind of mine had a daughter who is in eighth and he reccomded me I send my son here. The teachers are rude and do not treat the kids with respect, and some don't know how to teach their subject. Also the facility is not in good condition, And my son has a constant issue of bullying. My son was more happy at four points and even there he wasn't content. Would not recommend this school district as a whole.

Canyon Ridge Middle School 4

Posted October 18, 2012
My daughter went to CRM for 6th grade and we were underwhelmed. Yes, the building is lovely and the sports and drama programs are very well funded, but this is not an ideal place for an academically accelerated child. We came from a highly performing public school in illinois and found the lack of pre-AP and language classes at CRM distressing. Gifted enrichment programming is at the absolute minimum level required by state law and my very bright daughter was mostly bored to tears in her classes and got straight A's with only minimal homework, even though she was in the one gifted language arts class available and doubly advanced in math. After some research, we moved to a section of Austin served by RRISD and are much happier with the school, both in terms of classes and academic extra curricular activities, which CRM also lacks. Frankly, I'm surprised that a school in such a nice neighborhood where so many parents are obviously very bright and successful would have so little to offer academically accelerated children.

Posted November 25, 2010
Yes, I think CRM is a good school, though I would not call it a great one due to LISD issues. I really miss a second language class opportunity from the 6th through 7th grade. Why can Round Rock and Pflugerville school dictricks do that? The RRISD and PISD students already can choose 2 Pre AP classes from the 6th grade too. Why is it more important to have cheerledder or dance classes than a second language or a Pre AP LA class in middle school?

Posted October 19, 2010
I have had 3 of my kids go through Canyon Ridge, and have been so impressed with the quality of education. The principal runs a tight ship and hires teachers who truely care for the kids. Teachers are accessible for tutoring and want their students to succeed. The band program is fabulous, as is athletics. I felt the school prepared all three of my kids for high school and beyond.

Posted June 02, 2010
My son and daughter just completed their first year at CRMS and it has been great. I've been very impressed with both the quality of academics as well as the positive feedback from my kids. They like and respect their teachers, which makes my life easier too ;-)

Posted December 10, 2009
The teachers are great. there are good academics and the band program is good, the director is fabulous.

Posted June 04, 2009

Canyon Ridge Middle School 0

Posted April 09, 2009
Going to Canyon Ridge Middle School is one of the best parts of my life. We have many amazing teachers and coaches. Our drill team is awesome! GO EAGLES

Canyon Ridge Middle School
12601 Country Trails Lane, Austin, TX  78732
Last modified Canyon Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canyon Ridge Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top