Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Canyon Ridge Middle School is an okay place. Though this neighborhood of Steiner Ranch is 100% spoiled, the teachers and staff aren't that bad. This school also has 75% strict and 25% freedom rules. You can wear whatever you want as long as it meets the dress code. It is not fun to hang around with kids here because they are spoiled brats and they think they are the best and there is a popular sports kids that mostly talk about dating and little of the times talk about inappropriate things. These are most of the kids here. Also they do peer pressure a lot. They think it is funny and cool and the teachers don't do anything about it. The condition is good of the huge middle school building and the teachers aren't bad and that's the reason I gave them a 4 star. Also, they have really good sports programs but half of the students in sports are bratty sports kids with Nike and Under Armor and all that crazy expensive clothes they get for an A on a report card. (I don't get a single thing for an A on the report card)

Develops character: Disagree

There are favorites and non-favorites in this school. Also some kids don't do what there are suppose to do and they get Nike shoes and Clothes and an IPhone at 6th or 7th or 5th grade just for an A

I am an 8th grade student at CRMS and I have to say that this school is great. The school physically is in great condition, and helps in every way to get you to high school prepared, regarding STAAR and SAT preps. Now, a lot of you are saying that this school has problems with bullying, but from my stance, I believe that it's close to impossible to have a school with "Perfect" students. We have, currently, a anti-bullying program, and if a student is troubled this school gives you the resources you need to get help. The only problem with this school that might be discussable is probably the amount of homework. Depending on the student, you could either have homework for 4-5 hours a night, or 1-2. I did a study earlier this year on the amount of homework, and interviewed many students, and we all agree that the amount of homework is too much a night, and I wrote a proposal, but it didn't make it through the system. Other than these problems, I suggest this school to a student who is ready for a challenge, reaches out to teachers when in need, and prepared to learn. Hope this helps

Develops character: Disagree

Most students at this school don't respect each other if they aren't friends, ESPECIALLY if you aren't 'cool'. Many students lie to teachers (e.g. A student tells the teacher he's/she's working on homework but instead he's/she's on his/her phone), which really tick me off. Many students just slack off, sometimes after not doing their work at all! When it comes to fairness, it's a nightmare for kids that aren't 'cool'. Whenever there's a cool game that everybody's playing on their phones, and a person like me asks if I can play just one round, the answer is almost always no (by the way I can't download games on my phone because my parents say it's a waste of battery). The above complies to almost all students. Rarely there's a kid who is nice and develops honesty, fairness, etc. Overall, most of these students don't develop these traits, and most students take this school for granted. They don't care about the awesome academics. They only worry about friends and their cellphones.

Overall, the school is great, the teachers know what they're teaching, the band program is awesome, and unlike many schools, this school offers advanced placement classes. However, the only problem with school is bullying. As an 8th grader, I constantly get harassed, and usually if there is a group project, a person like me will have nobody to work with, no matter how intelligent you are. You either have to work on the project by yourself or attempt to join in another existing group. At least there is the advanced placement classes, where you can start Spanish a year early, Pre-AP (Pre Advanced Placement) classes, and even take math 2 years ahead. So overall, I say if you have a student who loves to learn and/or is an honor student, I highly recommend you taking your son/daughter to this school.

I am a student that is a 7th grader at CRMS. The main issue with this school is the bullying. I have had boys slam me into lockers, and I am a girl. Lots of constant harassment between other students, which is never handled, and the child who is a victim of bullying tends to be the one who gets in trouble. Lots of physical harassment when teachers are even around. The cafeteria food isn't the best either. The band program is fabulous! I love band more than anything else! The athletics and dance programs are also great. The teachers are fine, but mostly oblivious to bullying between other students, mostly verbal harrasment between cliques. The education is fine, but students are not. I cannot stress how much attention should be payed outside at lunch, as there is little supervision.

Let me preface this by saying, my son has Dyslexia/ADD. So, if your child has any learning issues, then this review might be helpful to you. Canyon Ridge has an excellent 6th grade program and 6th grade IEP Staff. (I would have given this school 5 stars based on last year's experience). My son loved going to school because the focus was less on unnecessary homework assignments and more on hands-on learning through science experimentation, creative thinking, stimulating discussions, etc. He was a straight A student. The 6th grade teachers are the cream of the crop! They are engaging, fun, and extremely supportive to all of their students. When my son entered 7th grade, everything changed. The 7th grade teachers and IEP staff seem very disorganized, overly strict, uncaring, and unresponsive to my son's issues. I am not the only parent (learning disabled child or not) who has watched her son's grades plummet from A's to C's and D's in one year. There is little to no communication! There is a serious disconnect between 6th and 7th grade at this school that needs to be addressed and fixed. We have had a very frustrating year, and will not be attending 8th grade at this school.

My son in seventh grade has had constant struggle in this district. My son went to four points and disliked it, a close Freind of mine had a daughter who is in eighth and he reccomded me I send my son here. The teachers are rude and do not treat the kids with respect, and some don't know how to teach their subject. Also the facility is not in good condition, And my son has a constant issue of bullying. My son was more happy at four points and even there he wasn't content. Would not recommend this school district as a whole.

My daughter went to CRM for 6th grade and we were underwhelmed. Yes, the building is lovely and the sports and drama programs are very well funded, but this is not an ideal place for an academically accelerated child. We came from a highly performing public school in illinois and found the lack of pre-AP and language classes at CRM distressing. Gifted enrichment programming is at the absolute minimum level required by state law and my very bright daughter was mostly bored to tears in her classes and got straight A's with only minimal homework, even though she was in the one gifted language arts class available and doubly advanced in math. After some research, we moved to a section of Austin served by RRISD and are much happier with the school, both in terms of classes and academic extra curricular activities, which CRM also lacks. Frankly, I'm surprised that a school in such a nice neighborhood where so many parents are obviously very bright and successful would have so little to offer academically accelerated children.

Yes, I think CRM is a good school, though I would not call it a great one due to LISD issues. I really miss a second language class opportunity from the 6th through 7th grade. Why can Round Rock and Pflugerville school dictricks do that? The RRISD and PISD students already can choose 2 Pre AP classes from the 6th grade too. Why is it more important to have cheerledder or dance classes than a second language or a Pre AP LA class in middle school?

Last modified Canyon Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.