No rating

Holy Family Catholic School

Private | PK-8

Living in Austin

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $231,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $980.

Posted August 9, 2012

We have been at Holy Family for 4 years and are extremely happy with the education our daughter has received. Her teachers all sincerely care about her as a person and have kept up with her and with us even after she left their grade. Our child is constantly praised for her behavior, attitude and compassion by others, but, frankly she is no different than most children at HFCS. They are held to a high, but attainable, standard of behavior and respect for classmates without exception. Compassion and empathy, hallmarks of a peaceful society, are stressed in each grade. Academically, HFCS excels. There are high academic standards, but isn't that what we want for our children, to be well prepared to enter middle school, high school and college? It may be more work than neighborhood kids are doing, or friends might have, but mediocrity is always easier, isn't it? I would recommend HFCS to anyone considering private school.

Posted June 13, 2012

Academics are strong, especially in the middle school. Students can achieve as much as they can and will be pushed. Excellent programs in music, theater, and language. Sports teams are decent (especially good in soccer), but the school does not obsess over them. Holy Family won the State Championship in PSIA - a wide-ranging academic competition involving over 100 private schools around the state. Principal is very forward looking, and willing to try new programs. Accessibility and commitment of the teachers is absolutely outstanding. It is a very nice community, devoted to educating all aspects of our children. We're very happy with the school

Posted April 26, 2012

I attended Holy Family for 6 years and loved it. Not only do I think it effectively prepared me for high school (all honors classes) I think it also taught me valuable life lessons. I still keep in touch with my former teachers. I know that regardless of the situation I can always go back and ask questions from some of the best teachers I ever had!

Posted November 20, 2011

the school is amazing, the teachers are supportive, there are pracitcally no bullies, and the soccer team is the best in the AIPL

Posted June 4, 2011

We are so blessed to be able to be a part of the Holy Family community! The school nurtures my children and challenges them in many ways. I have children in both the elementary and middle schools and am happy with both! My children have very high test scores and find the academics challenging and creative. I will recommend Holy Family to anyone expressing interest in private school.

Posted March 3, 2011

It's a great elementary school, but by the time your kids hit middle school, forget it. They ask for way too much, with up to 5 hours of homework each night. The teachers do not communicate with each other and do not know how to teach properly and connect with students.

Posted April 13, 2010

This school has high academic standards, teaches Catholic doctrine and provides a very caring atmosphere.

Posted June 3, 2009

We are very impressed with the teachers and academics in the middle school. They really care and motivate your child to work to his potential. It was our child's first year at Holy Family this year. The school feels safe and comfortable as compared to the large over crowded public school we were attending. We are so happy with our experience we enrolled our two younger children for next year. Dr. Wagner is an experienced principal with a vision for the school's successful future.

Posted April 25, 2009

We have been at the school for 6 yrs & are very happy. The registration did go up dramtically, that being said, we are less expensive than most private schools. With the addition of Dr. Wagner this yr (our new principal) we have seen a lot of change & look forward to seeing what is in store for us next year!!!

Posted April 10, 2009

My child just joined the School and already I am thinking of taking her out. No matter how much I try I cannot make a connection with the Teacher. The academics is also not great in this School. If your child is gifted and talented it is important to find another private school. I wanted a catholic school education for my child but I feel this makes kids so closed to other religions. It is important to be able to interact with people of all religions. Nothing great about this School. Just waiting to get out! a parent Submitted by a parent

Posted March 24, 2009

Wow! This school is changing, and changing fast! Enroll your child now before there is another 2 year waiting list! I have to agree with the review before mine. Tour the school today! Middle school is finally getting some discipline as well! They are all becoming little angels. And can't wait till next year when there are lots of new changes and new teacher's and a Dominican Nun! This school is rising up, up, up, to the top! Trust me!! The principle has to be the best one ever! And she has a plan!

Posted January 15, 2009

We've been at Holy Family 4 years, and each year the focus seems to be more about serving an elite group of families and not the masses. This has become apparent in the fact that 12% of the students are on financial aid, and that those with enough money to donate can get their own personal parking spaces. It is seen in the little things like certain children's photos who are included in the school Christmas card and on school publications. Every year tuition is raised and this year an 80.00 increase to the registration fee is being charged. They are slowly 'pricing' out families who can not get financial aid but are barely making it to give their children a 'Catholic' education. The new principal rarely comes out of her office and seems more withdrawn than the former principal who was always visible. Not sure how long we will stay.

Posted November 7, 2008

Posted November 4, 2008

Just go there and you'll see. kids who need more help will fail . No one wants to help them .

Posted September 26, 2008

Posted September 25, 2008

Almost all of these reveiws have been writen a long time ago and now in 2008 the school has changed dramaticly! With the new principle Dr. Wagner. I saw that most of the reviews are if your child falls behide thats it. Well thats tottaly wrong now. Teachers do as much as they can to help the children reach there leavel of academic sucess!

Posted October 30, 2007

We are blessed being part of Holy Family Catholic School, this is our 2nd year. Now joining our 3rd grader, daughter. My son, was a preschooler last year, my daughter had always been into a public school. What I like the most of the school is the dicipline, how religion is thaught, how we are all treated as family.

Posted April 27, 2007

This school treat kids as ' if you fall behind , oh well'. So if you child has trouble with a subject , it's too bad. But they will still ask constantly for money all year round. The campus is nice. I for one am leaving holy family after this year. They do teach religion and are passionate about it but the education is not as good as most public schools. If you do your research you will see.

Posted March 14, 2007

This in an exceptional school! The principal, Mrs. Turner, runs a tight ship and is as sharp as a tack. The academic standards are high but it's also a nurturing environment. I like the fact that Spanish is taught from Pre-K on up unlike most schools who don't start foreign languages until middle school. The campus is a beautiful 20 acres and routinely deer can be spotted. Because we moved out of state during the middle of the school year we had to put our kids in public school for a semester. Even though they are in one of the best public schools (rated 9 out of a possible 10) it doesn't hold a candle to the private school education they received at Holy Family. We are looking into private schools for the Fall but Holy Family has set a very high standard. This school is worth every penny!

Posted June 23, 2006

Our child bloomed at Holy Family. Her teacher was fun, inspired her to do her best, and inspired a love of reading. She never liked to read before third grade and now she reads all the time!

Asian or Pacific Islander 9% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • TCC,NCEA
Fax number
  • (512) 246-4454

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Austin