Posted August 09, 2012
We have been at Holy Family for 4 years and are extremely happy with the education our daughter has received. Her teachers all sincerely care about her as a person and have kept up with her and with us even after she left their grade. Our child is constantly praised for her behavior, attitude and compassion by others, but, frankly she is no different than most children at HFCS. They are held to a high, but attainable, standard of behavior and respect for classmates without exception. Compassion and empathy, hallmarks of a peaceful society, are stressed in each grade. Academically, HFCS excels. There are high academic standards, but isn't that what we want for our children, to be well prepared to enter middle school, high school and college? It may be more work than neighborhood kids are doing, or friends might have, but mediocrity is always easier, isn't it? I would recommend HFCS to anyone considering private school.

Posted June 13, 2012
Academics are strong, especially in the middle school. Students can achieve as much as they can and will be pushed. Excellent programs in music, theater, and language. Sports teams are decent (especially good in soccer), but the school does not obsess over them. Holy Family won the State Championship in PSIA - a wide-ranging academic competition involving over 100 private schools around the state. Principal is very forward looking, and willing to try new programs. Accessibility and commitment of the teachers is absolutely outstanding. It is a very nice community, devoted to educating all aspects of our children. We're very happy with the school

Posted April 26, 2012
I attended Holy Family for 6 years and loved it. Not only do I think it effectively prepared me for high school (all honors classes) I think it also taught me valuable life lessons. I still keep in touch with my former teachers. I know that regardless of the situation I can always go back and ask questions from some of the best teachers I ever had!

Posted November 20, 2011
the school is amazing, the teachers are supportive, there are pracitcally no bullies, and the soccer team is the best in the AIPL

Posted June 04, 2011
We are so blessed to be able to be a part of the Holy Family community! The school nurtures my children and challenges them in many ways. I have children in both the elementary and middle schools and am happy with both! My children have very high test scores and find the academics challenging and creative. I will recommend Holy Family to anyone expressing interest in private school.

Holy Family Catholic School 1

Posted March 03, 2011
It's a great elementary school, but by the time your kids hit middle school, forget it. They ask for way too much, with up to 5 hours of homework each night. The teachers do not communicate with each other and do not know how to teach properly and connect with students.

Holy Family Catholic School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
This school has high academic standards, teaches Catholic doctrine and provides a very caring atmosphere.

Posted June 03, 2009
We are very impressed with the teachers and academics in the middle school. They really care and motivate your child to work to his potential. It was our child's first year at Holy Family this year. The school feels safe and comfortable as compared to the large over crowded public school we were attending. We are so happy with our experience we enrolled our two younger children for next year. Dr. Wagner is an experienced principal with a vision for the school's successful future.

Posted April 25, 2009
We have been at the school for 6 yrs & are very happy. The registration did go up dramtically, that being said, we are less expensive than most private schools. With the addition of Dr. Wagner this yr (our new principal) we have seen a lot of change & look forward to seeing what is in store for us next year!!!

Holy Family Catholic School 1

Posted April 10, 2009
My child just joined the School and already I am thinking of taking her out. No matter how much I try I cannot make a connection with the Teacher. The academics is also not great in this School. If your child is gifted and talented it is important to find another private school. I wanted a catholic school education for my child but I feel this makes kids so closed to other religions. It is important to be able to interact with people of all religions. Nothing great about this School. Just waiting to get out! a parent Submitted by a parent

Holy Family Catholic School
9400 Neenah Avenue, Austin, TX  78717
Last modified Holy Family Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Family Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top