PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My 2 children have thrived in the elementary school where the culture is Catholic and the academics are strong.

We have been at Holy Family for 4 years and are extremely happy with the education our daughter has received. Her teachers all sincerely care about her as a person and have kept up with her and with us even after she left their grade. Our child is constantly praised for her behavior, attitude and compassion by others, but, frankly she is no different than most children at HFCS. They are held to a high, but attainable, standard of behavior and respect for classmates without exception. Compassion and empathy, hallmarks of a peaceful society, are stressed in each grade. Academically, HFCS excels. There are high academic standards, but isn't that what we want for our children, to be well prepared to enter middle school, high school and college? It may be more work than neighborhood kids are doing, or friends might have, but mediocrity is always easier, isn't it? I would recommend HFCS to anyone considering private school.

Academics are strong, especially in the middle school. Students can achieve as much as they can and will be pushed. Excellent programs in music, theater, and language. Sports teams are decent (especially good in soccer), but the school does not obsess over them. Holy Family won the State Championship in PSIA - a wide-ranging academic competition involving over 100 private schools around the state. Principal is very forward looking, and willing to try new programs. Accessibility and commitment of the teachers is absolutely outstanding. It is a very nice community, devoted to educating all aspects of our children. We're very happy with the school

I attended Holy Family for 6 years and loved it. Not only do I think it effectively prepared me for high school (all honors classes) I think it also taught me valuable life lessons. I still keep in touch with my former teachers. I know that regardless of the situation I can always go back and ask questions from some of the best teachers I ever had!

the school is amazing, the teachers are supportive, there are pracitcally no bullies, and the soccer team is the best in the AIPL

We are so blessed to be able to be a part of the Holy Family community! The school nurtures my children and challenges them in many ways. I have children in both the elementary and middle schools and am happy with both! My children have very high test scores and find the academics challenging and creative. I will recommend Holy Family to anyone expressing interest in private school.

It's a great elementary school, but by the time your kids hit middle school, forget it. They ask for way too much, with up to 5 hours of homework each night. The teachers do not communicate with each other and do not know how to teach properly and connect with students.

I love this school. My kids have been at HF for 1 year and I couldn't be happier. The teachers are top notch, their main priorities are, help advance the kids and ensure kids safety. The school office team is great with excellent communication between office and teachers. The principal looks quiet and proper yet she has the strenght to enforce HF quality standards. I love this school and look forward to stay with them many years to come. Thank you HF.

This school has high academic standards, teaches Catholic doctrine and provides a very caring atmosphere.

We are very impressed with the teachers and academics in the middle school. They really care and motivate your child to work to his potential. It was our child's first year at Holy Family this year. The school feels safe and comfortable as compared to the large over crowded public school we were attending. We are so happy with our experience we enrolled our two younger children for next year. Dr. Wagner is an experienced principal with a vision for the school's successful future.

Last modified Holy Family Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8