K-8|Private

Bad
Good

I'm the current parent of two Trinity students. Our experience over the past 3+ years has been excellent. I was initially concerned that we might not be a typical Trinity family (we're politically liberal atheists, and not at all sporty), but I'm happy to report that our kids are thriving and we've found other families that we really love. I'm so surprised at the negative comments (although I guess most were from a few years ago when I've heard there were some school politics going on). My personal experience has been that Trinity attracts and retains great teachers and that the administration is genuinely interested in innovating. Education is an extremely high priority for our family, and I'm happy to report that Trinity has exceeded my expectations.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students and staff begin each day with chapel service, and during this time, they are discussing what it means to be a good citizen, an honest person or friend, and how to be a person that contributes to your community. These messages are woven into the curriculum throughout the days, weeks, and even the year. I believe Trinity students know they are valued as individuals and that respect is something you give to each other. They respect that People have different beliefs in God, but that they all share in the belief that life is a gift and that God loves everyone.

Please come and see what Trinity Episcopal School is all about! As a family, we feel so blessed and grateful to have our girls attending this school that values learning and growth, along with the individuality and spirit that my kids bring each day. The entire staff and faculty become like a second family, and it really is a place that values diversity and community building concepts. The curriculum is top notch, rigorous and relevant to each child. The standards exceed the national average and go beyond just the basics. The Trinity curriculum encourages your child to think about how they are thinking and to feel confident in their thoughts and work that they produce. Trinity students genuinely have a sense of pride and sense that they can make a difference in the world around them. Trinity Episcopal School is invested in your child's academic, emotional and spiritual growth. They really mean "each child, each day" when it comes to meeting the needs of their students. Please come check out what Trinity Episcopal School has to offer your child! You'll be glad you did.

First-hand experience from parents who want the very best for their children: -As new parents to the school, we were not welcomed by anyone except by our child's teacher (who has since been fired). Parents here are extraordinarily 'cliquey'. This is not the best by any means. It is an out-dated representation of what a private school should be and it falls far short of any East Coast private school. We took our kids out and waited for an opening at a truly great Episcopal School in Austin that's been educating and caring for over 50 years. Trinity's new website, new message, new faculty and staff can only validate that things were really bad when we were there. We paid the facility fees and tuition, and we left early because it was a bad fit. i hope this helps.

I would encourage any parent of a prospective student to get the facts on things such as standardized test scores, not just the mean or median compared against all schools or private schools, but also the standard deviations to get a feel for how well students do at both ends of the distribution. My personal experience is that Trinity prepares its students well for standardized tests. For example, my daughter and many of her friends did well enough on the SAT (as 7th graders) to qualify for various Duke TIP programs. Again, this is one observation. On the issue of textbooks (or the lack thereof), I would not judge the quality of the education based on the use of a textbook. Many of my daughter's teachers create their own material and follow the approach of encouraging students to discover and problem solve the specific topics/issues being studied in class. For example, instead of relying on a textbook to teach geometry of circles (e.g., area, circumference, pi, etc..), our daughter's teacher assigned the students homework to "prove" (empirically) that pi=3.14...I doubt she would have had the same level of enthusiasm for pi, if she were simply told its value

I attended Trinity since kindergarten and it was the best decision I have ever made. The curriculum can suit both advanced and struggling students. Every teacher cares for their students individually, on both an academic and personal level. Trinity offers an incredible environment and community to learn in.

Awful--administrators are exceptionally pretentious. Don't know how to work with kids that don't fit the mold. Spend those dollars elsewhere--lower school administrator is particularly abrasive and obnoxious.

Pretentious. Huge disappointment. Administrators are outright rude and dismissive. We felt this was an unhealthy environment and chose to leave. This is not a premium school where seats are coveted. We took our kids and money to a far superior school across town. I'm glad we didn't settle.

I am a parent of a current 4th Grader at Trinity. Most of the recent negative posts are from a handful of parents who did not get their way last year. These parents wanted a traditional approach to education, read the text book, and recite back the information on the test. Trinity doesn t believe in this type of education; rightfully so because it doesn't result in students who can think for themselves. When Trinity refused to change its educational philosophy to please a small group of parents, these parents became anger, and did not re-enroll their children in 2013-14. It's nice to hear their kids are doing well in public school; it is interesting these parents don't see a connection between their child's Trinity education and their child s current public school success. Trinity teachers do not teach "the test", Math is not taught in traditional fashion, homework reinforces classroom learning, it doesn't do the teaching. Trinity educates individuals, resulting in students able to think for themselves, find more than one way to solve problems, work collaboratively with others and confidently alone. Trinity isn't perfect but for us it s a close as you can get!

Before you jump into this school, ask who writes the curriculum and don't fall for the fancy answer you will probably get. Ask why there are no text books. We were told our child may have a learning disability when really it was not our child at all, but the fact that there is no curriculum that has been tested and known to work so our children are the guinea pigs. It is truly sad how much our child's self esteem was shattered. Our child felt stupid and now in Eanes has a 100 in every class except one and has a 91 in that class. The social situation is also terrible at Trinity. This school was so disappointing I can't even explain. They can get you in there with all the bells and whistles but ask why so many families left last year and many more are leaving this year. And the families that left, no one bothered to even ask why.

Last modified Trinity Episcopal School of AU is a Private school that serves grades K-8