Austin, TX
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The Khabele School, founded in 2001, is an independent day school serving more than 500 students and their families from 18 months old through 12th grade across three campuses in Austin, Texas. Khabele is Austin s only Montessori and International Baccalaureate school. Across the entire school, we purposely nurture a culture and learning environment founded in authenticity, character development, conflict resolution, and mindfulness. Our vision is to cultivate learning communities in which each and every student, parent, and staff member falls in love with learning, realizes their profound beauty, and lives with courage and authenticity. Our mission is to provide an effective, transformational, and community-oriented educational experience for children ages 18 months through high school.
November 11, 2014

Posted September 02, 2014
Khabele's staffs are great and friendly. They always listen to their students' opinion in class and attempt to improve the classes every year.

The Khabele School 3

Posted April 09, 2014
real learning academy.it has its ups and downs not bad but not extremely good. I dont feel as though my child the best here but it is better than his district school.

Posted March 02, 2014
The Kkabele School is what education should be; the amazing and talented teachers ignite the fires of curiosity. Students are given the opportunity to explore and dig deep in an environment that is safe, rich, open and fully supported. Resulting in an education that creates a desire to learn for learnings sake. We took a giant leap of faith and moved to Austin so that our daughter could attend Khabele and it has proved to be one of the best decisions that we have ever made.

Posted December 14, 2013
We have been at Khabele for two years and love it. Our son is a musician and I cannot imagine another school where is passion would be better cultivated.

Posted March 22, 2013
My kids have been going to Khabele for 2 years and the teachers and community are awesome. Khabele is a non-profit secular, Montessori based preschool and elementary. I think some of the most valuable things taught to my kids are emotional intelligence and principles of peaceful living.

Posted October 15, 2012
We are new to the Khabele School--our daughter started in an early elementary classroom there five weeks into the school year--and we could not be happier with our experience. We were seeking a learning environment where our child could master skills at her own pace and where she would be encouraged to think deeply about the things that interest her. Her guides made her transition to school easy; with love, kindness and grace they welcomed her into their classroom. She comes home from school each day excited about her work. The Khabele School's emphasis on global learning and peace education is a perfect match for our family ethos. We look forward to being a Khabele family for years to come.

Posted October 08, 2012
Khabele is a place where I am confident and happy to send my children everyday. Everyone is appreciated and respected for their individualism. The children are given trust and taught to respect this trust. Most kids take this trust and learn how to optimize and build upon their goals, talents and passions. It is something that gives the kids great confidence, maturity and willingness to reach for extraordinary things. I can't say enough about the unique, enriching, powerful experience that my children are living and learning each day at Khabele!!

Posted September 16, 2012
Our son graduated from Khabele a year ago (May 2011) and was very well-prepared for university. He is in his second year (17-year-old sophomore) at UT Austin majoring in Plan II Honors Degree Program as well as Dean's Scholars Honors Degree Program (Physics) with an almost 4.0 GPA in his university work. He enjoyed Khabele from 6th-12th grade and as parents, so did we. It's a great school and community. Go Khabele Class of 2011! It's a great school for a wide variety of young people.

Posted September 13, 2012
The Khabele School now covers from pre-K to 12th, having merged with Primavera Montessori. For my children, in the primary and elementary classes, it's just an amazing experience. The kids love to go to school so much, it has to be seen to be believed. They are encouraged to learn in all areas, as in most Montessori schools, but also have added a nice art/creative side. I encourage you to check this school out for your children.

Posted September 12, 2012
I enjoyed my first Khabele Parent Social and Summit. Thank you Barbara Frisbie for THE MOST DELICIOUS FOOD! And, I didn't get the lady's name who prepared four of the desserts, but she told me it was an accident that she signed up for four of the dessert slots, and yet she still committed; also, much love to everyone else who contributed in delighting our palates. The Summit was informative and fun! I am very proud to be a member of the Khabele community - The Khabele School is on THE LEADING EDGE OF THOUGHT!

The Khabele School