Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Supports LD students: Neutral

Community member and I do not have experience with the SPED at this location.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

They could care less about the safety of not only their only school community but school communities that share the same space. They also would rather deal with a road block insuring people are at risk, instead of dealing with traffic making everyone exiting campus safer.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The students lives are put at risk entering and exiting the school, they also teach their students that community isn't important by showing them that other community members lives/safety are not important.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

They tell the community that they don't want to deal with insuring the communities safety. However they'll have those teachers out there dealing with the road block insuring everyone is NOT safe.

Amount of homework: Neutral

I am a community member I do not know anything about their homework process. But their lack of care for safety of the community is very appalling.

We currently attend ADS and KIPP Austin was a serious contender for his high school education once he was out of ADS. ADS shares a campus with KIPP however, and I have found they have no care about the safety of not only their own students, their close school communities, but also the community as a whole. Anyone who uses 969 live is put at risk without even knowing it, due to KIPPS actions. They recently have took to blocking roads to not allow access for safe exit from campus for our school. This in turn puts everyone including their school community at risk. They are very aware how their actions are putting people lives at risk, and they simply say they don't want to deal with the traffic. Yet they staff a road block and spend time to do that, they have time to insure that we can't exit safely...but no time to insure safety for ALL. This is a sad stance for a school to take, and shows what your community means to this school. Being an important part of your community and insuring your safety should be a priority of this school. It is absolutely not. Not only does this affect our small school community it affect KIPP students, and anyone using 969 during peak hours. Our school not only rearranged school hours to insure our school start and stop don't interfere with their traffic, they still insist on blocking this road. I will be happy to sarcastically thank the staff manning the road block everyday...thank them for insuring that my life is put at risk...because a school doesn't want to deal with safety. Baffles me they'd rather deal with insuring everyone isn't safe.am I will tell anyone and everyone the lack of care for human life this school has.

My daughter is going into 6th grade this year and I love that they have many field lessons to surrounding colleges and libraries. I also love that the teachers help my daughter with school work whenever she asks for it. Love that they have healthy meals at school, and don't allow junk food AT ALL. The one thing that drives me nuts about the school is when your child misses a day of school because they are sick or whatever reason they GRILL you about why and when and want all the details, then they try to convince you to bring them in!! It's like no, my child is SICK, I AM their parent and they are not going to school today period. I don't want other children getting sick.. Sorry! Especially Ms. Sanchez in the office, she is nice and all.. But don't let them miss a day or else! Other than that I love the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They teach the kids good manners. They don't tolerate bad behavior, they have a check/money system you can lose and add $ depending on you're behavior and whether or not you turn your homework in.

Amount of homework: Agree

They give lots of homework, but it keeps them busy and focused. At first I thought it was great that MOST teachers gave out their phone numbers for extra help on homework if they needed it, only to find that when my daughter tried to reach out for help, they wouldn't answer, or call back after leaving a voicemail. I understand that the teachers are tired after a long day of work, but what's the point of giving out your number for help if you're not going to answer.

My daughter is in the 6th grade this year & this is her second year at KIPP, she absolutely loves this school & so do I. The teachers and principle are awesome, preparing our young adults for college. I also love the fact that they have tutors at the school to help in whatever subject your child is having a problem with, my daughter struggled in math last year & WOW, she's a math tutor this year. The school also have buses that travel all over the austin area. KIPP doesn't provide any sports so if that is what your looking for this is not the school for you. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Last modified Kipp Austin College Prep is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.