Public charter
Austin, TX

Posted August 05, 2015
My daughter is going into 6th grade this year and I love that they have many field lessons to surrounding colleges and libraries. I also love that the teachers help my daughter with school work whenever she asks for it. Love that they have healthy meals at school, and don't allow junk food AT ALL. The one thing that drives me nuts about the school is when your child misses a day of school because they are sick or whatever reason they GRILL you about why and when and want all the details, then they try to convince you to bring them in!! It's like no, my child is SICK, I AM their parent and they are not going to school today period. I don't want other children getting sick.. Sorry! Especially Ms. Sanchez in the office, she is nice and all.. But don't let them miss a day or else! Other than that I love the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 05, 2015
They teach the kids good manners. They don't tolerate bad behavior, they have a check/money system you can lose and add $ depending on you're behavior and whether or not you turn your homework in.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 05, 2015
They give lots of homework, but it keeps them busy and focused. At first I thought it was great that MOST teachers gave out their phone numbers for extra help on homework if they needed it, only to find that when my daughter tried to reach out for help, they wouldn't answer, or call back after leaving a voicemail. I understand that the teachers are tired after a long day of work, but what's the point of giving out your number for help if you're not going to answer.

Posted September 03, 2014
My daughter is in the 6th grade this year & this is her second year at KIPP, she absolutely loves this school & so do I. The teachers and principle are awesome, preparing our young adults for college. I also love the fact that they have tutors at the school to help in whatever subject your child is having a problem with, my daughter struggled in math last year & WOW, she's a math tutor this year. The school also have buses that travel all over the austin area. KIPP doesn't provide any sports so if that is what your looking for this is not the school for you. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 08, 2013
just love it this school im.so proud that my son attent this school I dont care what that people toll me just.ignored them!!!..my son hi have adhd so for him its really diffiucut to stay quit & sit for long periods..i like tha way how the teachers treat him..excellent school 1000%recommended..u will.not find excellent schhol.like this one ever never.!!!! he is at kipp.austin connections kinder..to 12..

Kipp Austin College Prep 1

Posted July 19, 2012
Starting from the principal and continue with teachers they make work very hard to the students but exist a lack of commnication between teachers and parents, level of education is very low my daughter likes challenges there are no challenges here..so sad somebody recommend it to me, no sports programs and they overwork all students they only have 2 week summer vacation and tons of homewwork also they treat middle school students as a kindergarden ....not recommend this school to anybody

Posted May 03, 2012
I am a 10th grader at KIPP Austin Collegiate and have attended KIPP since 5th grade. This is my 6th year at KIPP and I have not regretted attending KIPP ever! I am more than satisfied with the help provided by teachers and staff there. They show a love for teaching and helping students climb the mountain to college. I can't lie KIPP is hard work and it can be challenging, but it is nothing you can't handle. They prepare you for what you can expect in college and are there for you every step of the way. The most important and helpful thing about KIPP is the student-teacher relationships developed. They make sure that you understand that they are there to help, not only during school hours, but as well as after school hours. If any problems arise at school or at home they are there to listen and offer solutions to whatever problems you may have. I absolutely recommend KIPP for anybody whose goal is to get quality education you can't find in most public schools. In two more years I will be graduating from High School and hopefully attending The University of Texas at Austin!

Posted April 24, 2010
I have been an educator for 18 years and have taught in all the various settings possible. Based on my experience and observations I chose KIPP (Austin) as my only choice for my childrens' education. I personally believe I couln't pay for a school (private) better that the KIPP model. Is it challenging (in that homework is given everyday), yes, but the amount of support is unpresidented. There are countless examples that I could share, but you will hopefully be wise and visit KIPP in Austin for yourself. I sincerely hope that all schools could follow KIPP (Austin) so that American student s will be prepared to compete with the global world. KIPP teaches more than academics, it teaches character, wellness, gratitude, community and offers students countless oppotunities to earn priveleges. Please visit their website, but most important visit their schools!

Posted July 07, 2009
i am a student at kipp austin college pre an i think yhis school is a 8-10 because when i was in other schools i got onli 70's in every subject and now i get alot of goog grades like 80-100's.this school also shows you how to behave and all the staff members make every single student at kipp climb the mountain to college!

Posted April 17, 2009
I was a student at KIPP from 6th to 8th grade and graduated from there with a lot of knowledge but also with a lot of other things like common sense (which I think is something that a lot of teenagers lack now-a-days). Personally I'm glad that i went to KIPP because not only am i doing great in school, I also know how to organize my self and attained other qualities that are needed in the future. A lot of my current friends (that didn't attend KIPP) had issues with time and organization the first two years of high school (i attend Liberal Arts and Science Academy). The stress of homework and academics at KIPP is a great way to show kids at a young age what it's like to BE in college. They show them a glimpse of life as a college student and as an adult.It's a great.

8509 Farm-to-Market 969, Austin, TX  78724
Last modified Kipp Austin College Prep is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kipp Austin College Prep Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top