Austin, TX
Students enrolled: 1,264

Posted April 13, 2015
Not what you expect from a top rated school... Too many kids in classes(27-29), not enough challenge for my honor student (seriously, generic worksheets???) who is in AP classes. Definitely a disappointment, we are looking into private schools.

Posted February 23, 2015
Homework is a major issue Gorzycki can work on. He does not learn anything from it; he learns no skills he will use later in life or currently. The worksheets are straight from a book and no effort is made for homework help when I request tortoring sessions.Even the art class is very text-book-encouraging too. Projects are also from a website and very painstaking to get the correct supplies for. No creative notion is made in any classwork, homework, or some projects.(ex. i-search project) Simply terrible! My child is becoming a drone!

Gorzycki Middle School 4

Posted November 25, 2014
We are new to TX and I must say I was overwhelmed with moving, adjusting kids to school etc....the registration process was easy, staff was nice, teachers have been wonderful, the electives there are amazing such variety, my son has never been so happy with a school! I do think the parent portal and cloud stuff is ridiculous and too hard to access. So far I am very impressed with AISD and Gorzycki.

Gorzycki Middle School 4

Posted May 10, 2014
My son is finishing 7th grade at Gorzycki. We have been extremely pleased with the school overall. Communication between teachers and parents is very well done. Communication between the school and parents is also well done. The band program is extraordinary. The band teachers teach with dedication and excellence, while genuinely caring for the students.

Posted March 17, 2014
Huge disappointment. The average class size is 27 students. Teaching strategies consist of "warm-ups" (teach yourself), worksheet packets and electronic worksheets such as Achieve 3000 and Think Through Math. Class periods are brief (42 minutes), and a lot of work is sent home for parents to go over with their children. On a positive note, the campus appears clean and safe.

Gorzycki Middle School 5

Posted December 08, 2013
We struggled with whether to send our child to a magnet or the local junior high. In the end, we chose the latter and are so thankful we did! Gorzycki is truly a great school with an amazing Fine Arts program, accelerated math classes, and challenging pre-AP core classes. My only complaint is that classes are short and class sizes are large, but that is an inherent problem with Texas public schools and the only way to make classes longer is to cut other programs which I personally am not in favor of. In my opinion, curriculum should extend to the home and it s up to the parents to enforce homework and enrich it by exposing their children to other education experiences through books, travels and even games. As for Gorzycki, you couldn t ask for a better school or find teachers who care more. It is a safe place for children to make their transition from elementary to high school and gain confidence as they do so. I will also add that the principal and counselors are very accessible via email or a phone call.

Gorzycki Middle School 2

Posted November 15, 2013
Gorzycki Middle school - very disappointing. We moved to the area and our daughter had to attend this school. The politics amongst the parents makes you the parent feel like you yourself are back in middle school. A group of us parents can't get over this. And this is supposed to be a better school?? The other school we went to was much, much better, again VERY disappointing.

Gorzycki Middle School 2

Posted August 12, 2013
Gorzycki is a very white, very average, and very pretty school. Almost all of the student body are white overly sheltered and heavily religious. The pre-AP option does nothing at all, and pre-AP kids are not separated from those taking academic. It's very common for actual class room discussion to be squashed in an attempt to keep everything PC and teachers often act disinterested, bored and unprepared. Though the Gorzycki art, theater and orchestra programs are top notch, academically the school leaves much to be desired. To sum it up: It's a very white, very conservative school for the middle class white kids that were too scared to go near Small or Bedichek.

Gorzycki Middle School 5

Posted July 28, 2013
my school is cowan elemantary school it is a great school with activites to have fun and learn ! we have plays in almost every grade ! in 5th grade we go on a 3 day 2 night field trip to mckinny roughs. we go to the alamo in fourth grade . we go to sea world in second grade! our teachers are great. they make sure the children are having fun and doing their work.this is a great school!

Gorzycki Middle School 3

Posted July 20, 2013
I attended Gorzycki for 6 and 7th grades. I think out of all middle schools in Austin, or at least South Austin, Gorzycki is one of the best. The teachers are very nice and the homework load isn't too bad. My all time favorite teacher in this school is Mr. Sindt, he teaches 7 or 8th grade math, AP and regular. He is so funny and makes the whole class laugh. The projects that he gave us were really cool and fun! That goes for all the teachers, though. Over all its a very good school, but some of the students can be a little snooty and mean, but that may have just been my experience. I didn't notice a huge problem with bullying or bullying at all and my friends and I never had a problem with anyone. The only reason I didn't come back for 8th grade is because Gorzycki just wasn't a good fit for me, if i was a different person then i would be over joyed to come back to school.

Gorzycki Middle School
7412 West Slaughter Lane, Austin, TX  78749
Last modified Gorzycki Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gorzycki Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top